Boxing For Girls

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

jmichael614
Rabbit

Boxing For Girls

#1 Postby jmichael614 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:21 pm

I just started my boxing classes- along with the gym. Any girls out there that are vegan doing boxing? I read this morning that it's a lean-muscle building workout which is exactly what I want. I don't want huge muscles, just lean defined ones.
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

peacefulwarrior
Rabbit

Re: Boxing For Girls

#2 Postby peacefulwarrior » Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 am

Good for you! I'm not a girl but I have trained in boxing and kickboxing for years, and I can say it is the best cardio and muscle toning workout you will ever have. Basically what it is, endurance training for your muscles.

darcy
Rabbit

Re: Boxing For Girls

#3 Postby darcy » Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 am

peacefulwarrior wrote:Good for you! I'm not a girl but I have trained in boxing and kickboxing for years, and I can say it is the best cardio and muscle toning workout you will ever have. Basically what it is, endurance training for your muscles.
Agreed.
The conditioning that you get from boxing is hard to beat. I think my shoulders have actually increased in size, too. Grappling gives boxing a run for it's money in the conditioning department, though... the workout I get training in Brazilian Jiu-itsu is unreal.

What style of kickboxing do you practice? I'm a Muay Thai guy.

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”