Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New You for the New Year Contest 5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 am 
Rabbit

I love working my biceps and triceps because I enjoy the exercises and it makes me feel strong! I can lift just as much weight as half the guys at the gym which rocks (I'm female)!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:37 am 
Rabbit

I like this one, LOVE my VEGA!

Ok - ABS! I love going waking up the next morning and feeling that burn thinking "oh right!!!"
I love training legs because ever since building the muscle my knees have been pain free! But that being said I love training arms because I feel stronger and stronger everyday!! When your trainer's daughter says she wants to bust with you, that's a GOOD thing to hear!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 am 
Finch

Quadriceps femoris muscle.

These rippling powerhouses let me laugh as I ride my bike up even the longest, steepest climbs.

My runner-up is the triceps surae muscle.

Because there have been times where mine were bigger than Cheeke's. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:48 am 
Rabbit

Legs because they are my weakest. 28 years of over eating has really done damage. Finally getting stronger and toned!! I kind of live the leg press at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:05 am 
Manatee

arms...legs...butt...

love em all!

I am a selfish vain person at the core, hate when I jiggle and I love that it is cheaper than a plastic surgeon that my butt is still UP at 50. I saw a phrase on the back of a semi celeb pic once and it said, "Glutes that salute", so been going for that..as I am already a "Girl with Guns!"

so, I work out almost every day to be happy and like ME. I don't care if anyone else does (they do) but its impotent I like me...as the result is...thers do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:22 am 
Finch

My favorite muscle group to work is my core. This is because strong core is essential for running, biking and swimming. A strong core also helps maintain good posture! :-)

-e

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 am 
Finch

My favorite workout is the Arnold's Chest+Back routine. It gives me an amazing pump and there is nothing better than pumped chest :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:45 am 
Rabbit

OMG- Love the protein!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite muscle group to train is a tie between abs and arms.
Why a Tie? (look at me rhyme!)
Because I see the definition in my arms so fast and love seeing the muscle when I lift.
BUT- I love working my abs because this is an area where I tend to store fat first and gain weight and I love the burn as I crunch and curl...makes me feel like I am making progress here.

Great contest! Looking forward to more!!
Thanks Robert!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:52 am 
Elephant

Legs, because nothing beats struggling to walk out of the gym or sit down on the toilet the next day!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 am 
Rabbit

My favorite muscle group to work out is arms and abs. Arms because its nice seeing the definition improve quickly. I like working the abs because thats my biggest trouble area.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:35 am 
Gorilla

My gut reaction was to respond with "legs;" I've always known my lower body is stronger than my upper body so pushing myself to go heavier on squats, deadlifts, leg presses, calf raises, lunges, and what have has never been a problem, at least in terms of thinking I could do it. Upper-body days, on the other hand, have always been more mentally taxing than lower body ones because, for the longest time, I went into them with the mindset that I wasn't going to put big numbers up and my progress wouldn't be as quick as with my lower-body.
Recently, though, I've had a change of heart. Lower body days are still, hands down, my favorite work-out days but my favorite muscle groups to thrash have definitely become my shoulders and chest. Instead of walking into my shoulder/back and chest/arm hypertrophy days expecting minimal improvement, I see each one as a challenge - to tackle my weaknesses, to improve. And since seeing things that way, every pound I add to my overhead or bench press I've recognized as a step toward my bigger goals and I attack them with just as much intensity as I do heavy deads and leg presses, if not more. In fact, I've found it just as satisfying after a shoulder hypertrophy day to have ask my girlfriend to get something down from a kitchen cabinet because I can't lift my arm over my head as I do when I, literally, stumble out of the gym after hitting personal bests on leg presses.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:24 pm 
Rabbit

Chest/back together! I love how much of a pump you get from working the two in the same day. Makes me feel like a super vegan!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:48 pm 
Rabbit

My back muscles! I've really seen an improvement in them from working on them but I still have a ways to go. It's a challenge but it doesn't feel hopeless.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 pm 
Rabbit

I would have to say abs, back and core exercises because they have helped the most to make me feel stonger! They certianly help the posture and I really thing it sets a good foundation to do the other muscle groups.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm 
Elephant

This is not an easy question to answer! :) I like to feel the burn after any exercise, so I like to train all of them. My favorite right now would have to be biceps. I just love to do bicep curls, and they seem to be my strongest muscle group in the arms as of right now. I also love training legs, who doesnt!
FYI: I think its funny that people refer to the biceps as your guns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next