Annette's Training Journal! 2012!

My Training journal for 2012!

I actually started on September 15, 2011! I am so happy with my results so far!

My plan has been:

Total Body Workout = 3 x per week

Cardio = 6 x per week

Running outside or on treadmill 4 miles

Eliptical machine 45 minutes

cycle 20 minutes

I have built muscle and lost 15 pounds and feel great.

for 2012 my plan is to build muscle

I have been working out but just have not been able to update my log until today because I was traveling. I have internet access on my phone but still a little tricky for tech challenged to post from phone! lol!

01/01/2012

Still a little sleepy from ringing in the new year but I made a

Kale, Hemp Protein, strawberry, blueberry, spinach smoothie and took to the streets

It was a beautiful day in Santa Monica (I'm visiting my daughter) and We ran/walked to the ocean.

They have stairs that go over the PCH and that was included in my workout.

when I got back we made black bean tacos and for dinner we had vegan pizza! What a way to start the year!

01/02/2012

Today was a day of traveling but we got up early and went to the beach.

Jogged 3.1 miles

I'm considering this a cardio only day!

We arrived in Detroit at Midnight, home about 2 am and sleeping at 3 am!

Good to be home but I realize how important regulating sleep patterns is going to be for a few.

I don't know how you atheletes that have so much traveling in your scheldules do it!!

1/03/2012

I did not wake up until 9:30 and consider myself very fortunate to not have to go back to work until Friday!

I did have to get up and out to run errands and pick up boarded pets and such! Nice to get away and spend time with family but Home sweet home!

It was 6:00 pm before I could do my Total body workout:

I did a home wo with my stability ball as my bench

Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press

Triceps - superset - seated overhead press with close bench press

Shoulders - superset - reverse overhead lateral with bent lateral

Biceps - superset - standing curl with alternate reverse curl

Thigh - superset - squat with leg extensions

Abs - superset - alternate knee-in with Knee-raised crunch

Back - superset - double arm bent row with seated back lateral

Calves - superset - standing straight - toe calf raise with standing angled - out toe calf raise

strech

Food:

Oatmeal with ground flax, cinnamon, walnuts and almond milk

Green smoothie - Orange, green apple, spinach, hemp protein, frozen strawberries

Brown rice - frozen vegetable mix, nutritional yeast

snacks - sunflower, pumpkin seeds, raisins and dates

Got to sleep by 11 to try to regulate sleep patterns!!

Feel great!!

1-04-12

Cardio Day

Had to be at the gym. It is too cold outside! I got a 3 month deal to try it out.

Treadmill

52 minutes Run/walk = run 1 minute walk 2 (getting there before I could only run 15 seconds)

Cycle

40 minutes random program (level 1)

Food:

Oatmeal with ground flax, cinnamon, walnuts and almond milk

Green smoothie - Orange, green apple, spinach, hemp protein, frozen strawberries and blue berries

Quinoa with red onions, zucchini, ginger, garlic, parsley

Sprouted grain bread sandwich with hummus, romaine, sauerkraut, mustard

Edamame

will get a good night's sleep

Feel Great but tired!!!! zzzzzzz

1-5-12

A bit overwhelmed but pushing through

did Total Body workout

Calves - superset - standing straight - toe calf raise with standing angled - out toe calf raise

stretch

Thinking of changing it up for next time..... hmmmm will look through site for inspiration

Food:

Oatmeal, ground flax, cinnamon, walnuts, berries

Portabella whole wheat raviolli w/zucchini, brocolli, tomatos, green salad + apple cider vinegar

Quiona w/red onions, zuchinni, garlic and ginger

snacks: orange, apple + almond butter, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds

Maybe I'll do a Yoga DVD to end the day!

Happy training!

1-6-12

What a beautiful day in Michigan today!!

I worked a 10 hour day at the clinic and the sun was setting by the time I got out but it was somewhere around 50 degrees outside!

Cardio day so

I came home and took it to the streets

The moon was out and my moonshadow even ran along!

ran 3.2 miles

Food:

Breakfast smoothie: Almond milk, frozen banana, strawberries, blueberries, hemp protein

Lunch: Brown rice bowl with frozen mixed italian vegetables, black beans, kidney beans & nutritional yeast

Dinner: quinoa, zucchini, red onions, garlic, ginger

Snacks: green apple & almond butter, edamame, baked potato

Great Day!

Hope everyone enjoyed it!!!

1-7-12

Tried something different today that I have been meaning to for a long time. A hiking group gets together for hikes in our area. We met and hiked the trails at Stoney creek metropark. It was fun to be with others for a change and still got a great workout.

We hiked dirt trails for almost 2 hours got fresh air and met new people. It was great fun!!

Food:

Green smoothie - frozen fruit, hemp protein

PBJ on whole grain sprouted bread

Salad on a pita - mixed greens, sundries toms, red peppers and onions

Snacks trail mix

Feeling good! Hope everyone is having a great week too!!

1-8-12

Today I walked with a friend. Kind of a rest day. I feel very good about this week.

Walk: 90 minutes 5 miles

Food:

Ezekiel Golden Flax Cereral, almond milk

Raw Veggies + green salad and vegan banana bread with walnuts

Dr. Neal Barnard's Quick Black Bean Chili + baked potato

edamame

air popped popcorn w/nutritional yeast

Next week I'm going to try some new receipes and build some strength!

I hope everyone had a great week! Enjoy!!

1-9-12

Today was a crazy day. Big plans to go to the gym. Plans busted. Did some core exercises here but I was very distracted. Work is crazy and I start back to school tomorrow (yet again at 53!)

Food:

Oatmeal with cinnamon and almond milk

Dr. Barnard's quick black bean chili (from yesterday even better today)

Subway Veggie with yellow mustard

edamame

whole grain cereral bowl with strawberries

Manic Monday made it through, still smiling, great night everyone!!

1-10-12

This is for the crazy day yesterday. Kept my cool even though. I think it is the food that makes me less quick to stress out even on the most trying of days. In fact I'm sure of it.

I worked in the morning then had a break before back to school!

Did total body workoutI did a home wo with my stability ball as my bench

stretch

no time left to fit in extra cardio so walked around campus before my class started.

Food:

Smoothie: Almond milk, frozen strawberries, hemp protein, frozen cherries, spinach

6" subway veggie delight sub with mustard

Rest of black bean chili and baked potato

apple

I was tired by the time I got out of school and totally zonked out!

I hope everyone is enjoying their week

1-11-12

Crazy vibe to the week continues. It was a little chilly today in Michigan. We have had a very mild winter so far.

Today was cardio. Made it to the gymTreadmill

45minutes Run/walk = run 1 minute, 20 sec walk 2 (added 20 sec to run cycle)

Finally made it to the grocery store for some fresh stuff!

Food:

Green smoothie - spinach, almond milk, brown rice protein powder, frozen strawberries, blueberries & cherries

Taco Bowl - brown rice, black beans, red onion, romaine, salsa and chili powder

Whole grain cereral bowl with fresh strawberries

Air popped popcorn with nutritional yeast

clementine and apple

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

1-12-12

Roadblock! I felt fine in the morning but as the day progressed I had body aches and a sore throat. I thought it might be a reaction to some vaccines I had to get for work but now I believe that it was just a good old fashioned common cold.

I planned to do my Total body workout but instead I did some stretching, had some super soup and went to bed at 8 pm.

Tried to fuel up with power food:

Green smoothie: Vega, spinach, kale, cucumber, strawberries, cherries, ginger, mint leaves, blueberries - Huge

Made Soup: Vegetable broth, tomatoes, onion, a whole lotta garlic, herbs, potatoes, rutabega, frozen veggies (I was tired of chopping and wanted to get as much as I could in)

ABJ sandwich - almond butter, organic raspberry jam on whole grain sprouted seed bread

Tons of hibiscus, licorice and camomile tea

bananas

I fell asleep very soundly. Tomorrow is another day!

1-13-12

Well my remedies worked well enough to make it in to work at 7am. I was not as achey but I was still somewhat conjested.

I worked a 10 hour day and only started to feel better at the end. I had packed up power food so I was all set there.

I work as a veterinary technician and it is a very physical job we had many procedures to do so I'm counting it as my physical activity for the day. Usually I do cardio after work but all I could do was run a few necessary errands and go to bed.

Food

Green smoothie: vega, hibiscus tea, kale, spinach, banana, strawberries, cherries

Lunch: A huge bowl of soup from yesterday, clementine, apple, ABJ sandwich, edamame (eaten throughout the day)

Dinner: Too tired to cook - Oatmeal with flax meal, almond milk, raisins, banana, cinnamon, walnuts

to bed for me hopefully kicking this thing very soon!

1-14-12

All I could do today was rest and walk. Not too bad with the cold symptoms but I haven't had anything at all in so very long I was just suprised how quick and hard it hit me. Kept up with good nutrition though.

Food

Giant green smoothie: vega, hibiscus tea, kale, spinach, green apple, clementine, strawberries, cherries

Yet again more soup

Huge bowl of steamed broccoli and nutritional yeast

Whole grain sandwich with smart deli meat, sauerkraut, mustard, spinach, nayonaise

mix of pumpkin seed, sunflower seeds, pecans, walnuts, raisins.

Now hopefully tomorrow will be a new day. My weight is staying steady but I'm missing the kick of some strength!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying warm if you are in the north. If in the south - lucky you!!!

Have fun!!

1-15-12

Best laid plans

I planned on doing a run today at least at the gym on the treadmill but I still feel too sick and congested. I'm sure fellow gym goers will appreciate me keeping my germs to myself so I stayed home and tried to rest. I did feel well enough this afternoon to cook though. I'm still doing great on my food.

Oatmeal with bananas, strawberries, cinnamon, walnuts and almond milk

I made Polenta Lasagna

Polenta, tomato sauce, garlic, onions, mushrooms, kale, spinach with tofu riccota

steamed broccoli

air popped popcorn, apple

1-16-12

Still hanging in (my cold that is) (me to I guess) I seem to be having a terrible time with the congestion. I'm hoping it's on its way out. I searched the term "sick" on the forums and it seems I'm not the only one. It appears some are pushing through but it is frustrating.

This is going to be my last rest day and tomorrow I'm going to do strength. I have a lot of other things to do plus school so hopefully it will all go well.

Food still delish!

Oatmeal with bananas, strawberries, cinnamon, walnuts, flax meal and almond milk

Polenta lasagna from yesterday even better today: Polenta, tomato sauce, garlic, onions, mushrooms, kale, spinach with tofu riccota

steamed broccoli

Whole grain ABJ sandwich

clementine, apple, few nuts

Ok here we go tomorrow all will be well and power day!!!!

1-17-12

Back in the Saddle!!! I am feeling a lot better now. I was able to do my Total Body Workout:

Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press and Incline flye with incline press

Triceps - superset - seated overhead press with close bench press and tricep kickback with lying extension

Shoulders - superset - reverse overhead lateral with bent lateral and side lateral with alternate shoulder press

Biceps - superset - standing curl with alternate reverse curl and concentration curl with hammer curl

Thigh - superset - squat with leg extensions and alternating side leg lift

added set of planks

stretch

No other cardio today. I don't want any setbacks!

Food:

Green Smoothie: clemetine, green apple, ginger, blueberries, strawberries, spinach, kale, Brown rice protein, mint leaves

Polenta Lasagna: 1 piece left

Whole grain mix of cererals, almond milk

potato, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds

It feels great to be back!

1-18-12

Feeling good from yesterday! Cardio day today. I was a little short on time but fit in a 45 minute run outside. It's still a little cold around here but today it was clear.

Food:

Oatmeal, cinnamon, flax meal, frozen raspberries, walnuts, almond milk

Salad: spinach, kale, brown rice, black beans

Vegan boca burger, red onion, spinach, baked potato

banana, apple

Happy training everyone!!!!

1-19-12

Great busy day!

Did my total body workout:

Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press and Incline flye with incline press

Triceps - superset - seated overhead press with close bench press and tricep kickback with lying extension

Shoulders - superset - reverse overhead lateral with bent lateral and side lateral with alternate shoulder press

Biceps - superset - standing curl with alternate reverse curl and concentration curl with hammer curl

Abs - superset - jackknife with side crunch

added set of planks

stretch

Food:

Oatmeal - almond milk, walnuts, banana, cinnamon, clove

Huge Green smoothie - vega, clementine, apple, spinach, kate, ginger, banana, blueberries, strawberries, date sugar

Sprouted grain and seed bread, almond butter, jam, whole grain cereral, almond milk, edamame

This evening I had the opportunity to see the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" presented by Veg Michigan at the Landmark Main Theater in Royal Oak. It was very informative and inspiring. The movie was followed by a juicing demo and free samples were given out. Another interesting thing about the movie; The theater was packed! On a bitter cold evening in Michigan, people came out to learn how to change their lives and get healthy!

Small ripples can create waves!!

1-20-12

Today I worked a 12 hour shift. By the time I drove home in the slick snowstorm there was no way I was going back out. The workout (besides being on my feet all day) only consisted of some stretching and calling it a night!

Food:

I was very hungry today. I ate a lot of food but it was all good stuff.

Green smoothie - clementine, apple, brown rice protein, ginger root, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, kale, mint leaves

Brown rice bowl with frozen Italian style veggies, ABJ sandwich on sprouted grain bread, edamame

Soba noodles with spices and spinach

Hope everyone had a great day!

1-21-12

Cardio today was shoveling snow! It took me about 80 minutes did some squats while lifting. Good to be in the fresh air!

Food:

Oatmeal, almond milk, walnuts, banana

Boca Burger vegan, onion, whole wheat bun

Mayan Harvest bake

Air popped popcorn

Nice day! Stay warm!

1-22-12

Today was TBW in the houseChest - superset - flat flye with flat press and Incline flye with incline press

Abs - superset - jackknife with side crunch

added set of planks

stretch

Thinking about changing a few things but not today. Having a Christmas get together with my Brother and his family. I'm bringing some fresh fruit. We'll see what I can eat.

Food

F-factor Cinnamon Os, Kashi crunch, almond mild, banana

at Bros I had my fruit I brought, yams, broccoli, spinach, I had some mash potatoes, probably weren't vegan but small steps with the family they tried to make some vegetarian dishes so we are on the right tract

green smoothie - kale, spinach, strawberries, brown rice protein, blueberries

a great day with family!