2012, my year to be happy!! Pics/logs/updates/journal

Haylee

Today is gonna be a rest day for me. Im so tired today. Gonna hit back tomorrow. Made sure my diet was extra clean and healthy today! Lots of kale, chickpeas, quinoa, and bananas lol!!

Edited by Haylee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from doing cardio at the gym. Treadmill, 5k , took me 52 minutes! Last year when I did that, it took me about 65, so Im pretty happy with this!!

Kale 90g

bbq sauce

quinoa 43 g

garbanzo beans 115g

gnu food bar

amaranth 1/4 cup

garbanzo beans 110 g

bbq sauce

kale 115 g

carrots 130g

almonds 11g

raisins 22g

1 cup cereal

2 c almond milk

1348 calories, 244 carbs, 27g fat, 53 g protein

Will have some type of snack in a bit

Had a great workout today!!

Chest

DB angled press- 4x36 15 lbs each

DB angled flies- 4X36 15 each

bench press 4x30- sad to say I could only lift the bar lol. Can someone tell me how much that weighs? This was my first time doing this, I was sooo shakey!!

Triceps

Cable pull downs-4X36 20 lbs

Overhead db extensions 4X27-10 lbs

Seated dip machine-4X30 65 lbs

5k on treadmill 52 mins

Ahhh the gym has been so packed lately. Wish I could find one with less people, always get a bit anxietied around too much people/noise. Did 30 mins on the treadmill, and 15 on the elliptical. Weight room was far too packed, gonna hit it up tomorrow earlier.

If they gym is packed, I would try different times of day to go. I was at a gym where all the 9-11am people would take over a rack and allow people to work in and out as they needed so that people could get their workouts in and not fight the crowds. Sometimes going earlier or later in the day is best. I tend to go around 9 am after the office people but before the housewives. I also go late in the day if needed around 8 people start to leave.

Good Luck, I know that it can be hard to get a work out in around a gym and life schedule

Steve

Did legs today

Smith machine, behind neck squats 25 pounds on each side 4 sets, 36 reps total

Seated leg extensions machine 4 sets 36 reps total, 25 pounds

Leg press, 45 pounds each side, 3 sets 30 reps total

Seated leg curl 30 pounds, 4 sets 36 reps total

Standing calf raises 50 pounds, 3 sets, 30 reps total

Seated calf raises 45 pounds, 3 sets, 30 reps total

2 miles on treadmill, 30 mins

Ate lots of kale, quinoa, blueberries, oranges, white beans, and chick peas so far today

Chest

Bench press- bar+10 lbs..yay went up a little lmao

db angled press 4x36 15 lbs each

db angled flys 4x36 15 lbs each

cable cross over 4x36 20 lbs each

Triceps

overhead extensions 3x30 10 lbs

cable pull downs 3x40

20 lb behind the neck squats, 20 times

10 lb weighted lunges 20 times

10 minutes on stairmaster

48.5 mins to do the 5k! Slowly improving my time..hoping Im up to running by the summer!! \

Smith Machine shoulder press- 30x 30

Dumbbell shoulder shrugs- 20 each arms 30

Side db raised 10x 30

Front db raises 10x 30

ab machine 20x 50

Haylee you qualify for the prize package, congrats! That's great that the training journal has helped motivate you and help you hold yourself accountable. I feel the same way about it myself. Something about keeping track and being able to go back and look at what I've done and eaten is definitely rewarding. I hope that you will continue to share your fitness journal with us all here on the forum.

-Dylan

Thanks Dylan!!!! What an amazing opportunity. I find myself addicted to this forum, and what a great addiction lol!! Ive just inspired two friends to get a gym membership with my boyfriend and I. They are a couple as well. We have been working out together the past few days, and its been such a blast! Today its snowing like crazy, but it was leg day. I did a ton of legg exercises using body weight + an exercise ball.

Squats ( hindu, body ball) 50 total... hamstring curls using body ball 25 total... bridge 10 total Lunges 50 total

I can't believe how badly my legs hurt from that lol!!

I've also been thinking about how crappy my diet is. Ive always been a compulsive/emotional over eater..which is how I got to be about 300 pounds I'm very thankful that I've learned to see and treat food differently, but I still have rough days. I haven't been the same since around Christmas time. I got lazy, stopped counting all my macros, etc. I decided today that I am going back to tracking everything, as well as only allowing myself to eat every 3 hours. No exceptions, unless its a very special circumstance. This should combat all of the reckless bored eating

Hey Haylee! I also deal with compulsive overeating, so I totally hear you on that one. It's ridiculous and feels like an illness sometimes. Ugh. I keep track of my food intake with myfitnesspal.com and their app. It doesn't always stop me from overeating, but definitely helps more often than not, when I know I have to track it. Also, this forum has helped a lot too, especially during the January challenge, knowing I "had to" post it here. What system do you use to track your food intake?

I wish you the very best!!!

~Karen

Hi haylee!

You are incredible! So awesome to read these posts and see such big changes! You're doing this the right way!!!

I can attest to the smith machine...it forces you into one constricted movement, which has its pros and cons. The cons, in my book, outweigh the pros. I, too, would advise you to use dumbbells for over head should press. Make sure someone is there to spot you, keeping in mind you want smooth flowing movements, elbows not to drop much lower if at all than shoulder, & if your shoulders are feeling jarred. Drop weight. It's imperative to do it right the first time then to spend months or years trying to heal and correct something from doing it wrong!- sorry that was so lengthy :/ I didn't realize how passionate I was about the Smith

You are so inspiring! Ps-I HATE cardio too , but I find it much more bearable in between sets of lifting!! Or outside!

I can't wait to hear more of your exciting journey!! Thank you for sharing!!

Enjoy your weekend!