Any thoughts about a future Vegan Vacation?

robert

As many of you know, we hosted Vegan Vacations in 2006, 2007 and 2008. They were some of the best times of my life. I have so many great memories from those years.

Basically, we hosted a week-long gathering for members of the forum.

In 2007 for example, we had 27 people from 5 countries staying together in a massive 3-story beach house on the Oregon Coast.

Just this past year I've hung out with a bunch of people from around the US who attended Vegan Vacation events. Throughout my travels I've seen Zack, Odidnetne, Michelle, bvp663, Jessifly, Lean and Green, thendanisays, hsorlando, Octopussoir, and many others including VeganPotter last night. Potter and I went on and on about memories from those days.

Anyone interested in a future Vegan Vacation? Maybe 2012 or 2013?

Want to plan/organize it?

OK...newer here...but I would love something like that. i find as my kids have grow and as relationships end...new ones come into play. I also excel in detail if you need someone to "take charge" or help. I am in So Cal...I know there are a ton of things here, but I also know a lot of other Vegan friendly ares etc from my journey's with work...anyhoo...just saying, I would be all over something like that. Can you give a bit more detail on how teh other Vegan Vacations were formatted , ie a basic agenda etc. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I know I brought the topic up, but just an FYI, it takes an incredible amount of work to organize, facilitate and put together, more than any of you might expect.

I don't have it in me anymore. At times I think I do, but even this 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness project is taking up to 15 hours a day, until 3AM after working the entire day, and I just don't know if I have it in me to organize another Vegan Vacation (one of the reasons we stopped doing it).

If I sell a ton of books, and hopefully I will, I'll hire someone to organize it, unless some volunteers who want to put in months of work, want to take it upon themselves to do?

Also, keep in mind, sometimes we have 50 people say they'll come and about 20% actually do, so there are a lot of things to factor in.

I'd love to see it happen and as I see all my old friends I met at a Vegan Vacation, while I tour, I think about doing another one....but just don't have it in me because of the volume of work, time it takes and the recent low turnout-interest of those who actually make the tirp out.

That being said, would love to take part in another one some day!

Let's hope I sell a lot of books!

To be honest, and tons of people know this, I have met many of my best friends via the Vegan Vacation!

That one year we had 27 forum members from 5 countries staying in a 3-story beach house on the Oregon Coast is where I keep so many fond memories.

So glad to see there is a strong interest in this again!

We did so many cool and worthwhile things during the 3 years we had the Vegan Vacation going! From outreach events, gatherings, trips, amusement park adventures, hikes, beach vacations, front page newspaper stories, 75 people at a single gathering, and so much more.

So many friends made, so many memories.......ahhh, the good times!

Glad to see the forum so active these days, including 100 NEW members this week!

Hugs.

-RC

Nice!

I'm going on this cruise coming up in 2 months, which is like a Vegan Vacation I don't have to organize and which already has 1000 guests!

http://www.atasteofhealth.org

I showed their video to my husband and he's way excited, but I don't think we could make it in 2 months. I think he'll want to do the next one for sure!

Have fun on this cruise

• 4 weeks later...