Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Amanda Grace Wing: January Training Journal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm 
Rabbit

Hey KIDS! So today is usually my speed work day - either 400's or 800's. BUT I wasn't feeling it so I decided to make today my long run day and just busted out my 8 mile training run. I ended up doing more work and now tomorrow I'm not dreading my speed day! Funny how that works!

Breakfast today I discovered a fun 'chocolate milk' cereal idea (see above post).

For lunch I had large salad and homemade lentil soup- I used mushroom broth which gave it an awesome flavor!

For dinner I'll make sauteed veggies with homemade seitan and a salad!

Hope you're enjoying your day! xo Amanda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm 
Rabbit

Hello All- Today I hit my 400 meter sprints! I LOVE the feeling of getting them done! They always kick my butt - in a good way!

Today I did 10 x 400's and 20 minutes on the Arc trainer to cool down.

How is everyone doing? I can't believe we're already this far in the program! I'm so proud of all of you for your hard work and dedication to yourselves and your health! KEEP IT UP! xo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 pm 
Gorilla

Hey you! Great job!! I know, we're already like 2/3 through the program! It's been life-changing for me! I hope I will keep with it for a lifetime. Thank YOU for all your help and knowlege!! You're my hero!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:47 pm 
Rabbit

kareno wrote:
Hey you! Great job!! I know, we're already like 2/3 through the program! It's been life-changing for me! I hope I will keep with it for a lifetime. Thank YOU for all your help and knowlege!! You're my hero!

Thank you Karen! You're so sweet! I am so happy to be able to share with you and everyone else! It's such a fulfilling experience! xo You are MORE than welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 pm 
Rabbit

Hello All- Happy Monday! This weekend I boxed and had a rest day on Saturday (as usually) - I also boxed Friday night!

This morning I did a 7 mile run and have spent the rest of the day returning emails and studying! Someone said to me recently that 'the days go slow, but the weeks go fast' SO TRUE! And it's a good thought to think about with sticking to our programs! Sometimes starting the day can be overwhelming. What difference does today make if I don't workout or don't eat well. Soon a whole week of good choices can be yours if you just do it (and stick to it) today!

Here's what I ate today:

AM (pre run) Green smoothie w/Vega Original Flavor WFO
(post workout) Oats w/chia and cranberries
Lunch: Salad with grilled homemade seitan and squash over a large salad and a Lydia's Organics crunch bar
Snack: Primal strip (seitain lime flavor) and fresh carrots and celery
Coffee w/steamed soymilk
Dinner: I'm thinking grilled Tempeh and salad
Dessert: Blueberries

Have a wonderful day! xo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 pm 
Gorilla

I love that quote!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:08 pm 
Rabbit

Hello everyone! This moring was 60 mins per breakfast cardio on the elloptical. After work was 1 hour of boxing!

Breakfast: green smoothie and oatmeal
Lunch: fresh pineapple, Lydia's bar, large salad
Snack: primal strip and carrots
Dinner: green smoothie, veggie soup and salad
Dessert: blueberries with almond milk and topped with vega sport chocolate and carob powder (blueberry chocolate icecream)

Xoxox have a great night!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 am 
Gorilla

Do you blend the blueberries, milk, and Vega? Or just pour it all in a bowl and eat it like cereal? I'm confused. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:08 pm 
Rabbit

kareno wrote:
Do you blend the blueberries, milk, and Vega? Or just pour it all in a bowl and eat it like cereal? I'm confused. ;)

Hey lady! Here's my method:

Add frozen berries to a bowl or large class, top with powder (carob, cinnamon, etc) and coat the berries then pour the almond milk over - like cereal. I usually then mash it up! If you blend it, it gets too much like a smoothie and I like to eat it with a spoon rather than drink it. Hope that helps! It's YUMMY!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 pm 
Rabbit

Hello All! Today was my long run day- 9 miler!

Breakfast: Green smoothie with Vega Sport
Oats with chia and cranberries
Soymilk in coffee

Lunch: Large salad with nutrition yeast, balsamic dressing, seitan and Lydia's bar
Snack: Pineapple and puffed brown rice with almond milk and vega chocolate sport on top
Dinner: Veggie soup, salad and grilled tempeh
Dessert: See above (it's always the same)

As you can see, my days are pretty predictable diet wise. I pack everything in advance and take it with me or have it ready for when I come home. On the weekends I'm not as strict usually but now that I'm training for some events this spring and during the year, I'll be tight with everything even on the weekends!

Cheers! Enjoy your day! xo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:26 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Kids! Happy FRIDAY!

This morning I did 1 hour of pre breakfast cardio on the elliptical. After that I had a 1/2 a smoothie and 1/2 my oatmeal and went to boxing- spar training with my coach! AWESOME! SUCH an amazing workout! He's so encouraging and forces me to push myself- I LOVE IT!

Lunch: Salad bar salad with all the veggies. I brought a primal strip with me since I knew there wouldn't be any vegan protein options.
Snack: Lydia's bar and coffee w/soy milk
Dinner: Big salad
Dessert: The usual

xoxo ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 am 
Rabbit

Yesterday was awesome workout wise! I kicked my own butt- and I loved it! I woke up unsure of what workout I wanted to do- short run and boxing or long run and no boxing.... well, I ended up doing a long 6 miler and boxing for an hour! I ran to the front desk at my gym and asked for free t-shirt b/c I did just a long run I didn't leave myself time to go home and change and I was all sweaty! So I grabbed my random new member shirt that looked like a dress on me and headed down the boxing gym. I told the coach I was only staying for 1/2 the workout and he said, yeah I can imagine. But then 1/2 way through the other coach said 'yeah, you're fit you can handle hard training days. i'll be here all day training people' then I thought, gees well know I have to stay for the whole class! The class was more intense then usual- we ended up doing a ton of leg work during out conditioning sessions- squats, lunges, mountain climbers, hi knees, you name it! Awesome! So I started out the day planning on just running a little and ended up feeling amazing for pushing myself! It was great!

Today is a rest day- and now I feel like I really earned it! That's great too!

CHEERS! Enjoy your day! xo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 am 
Gorilla

You're so awesome...!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Karen! You're a sweetie!

Today I did a 5 Miler + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

I slept in this morning which I NEVER do! I let my body rest - which I know it needed. I'm trying to focus more on the mind + body connection. We get so focused on what's on the outside and deny our needs for rest (mental and physical). Nourishing your body with good clean vegan food and exercise is amazing- keep doing it and if you aren't - let's do it together- start today! BUT don't deny your needs for rest and destressing. Spend time praying, reading (no computers or phones), taking a walk or watching a funny movie. I want to admit, I'm terrible at this- but I'm seeing the negative impact of not taking time to slow down and enjoy the moment- you miss out of so much when you're not taking time to be present. So, as we focus on the body- let's not forget the mind and spirt! xo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 pm 
Rabbit

Time really goes by so fast! I can't believe our month program for January is over today! I've loved every second of it! Thank you all for being an inspiration to me and to each other! It's been wonderful getting to know everyone and learning about each of your stories! Please keep in touch with me and update me on your progress or let me know if you have any questions about anything!

I am truly blessed to have had this opportunity! Big hugs all around!!!!!

xoxo Amanda

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next