• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 10 Training

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked 20 mins

-Dancing for 20 mins

-Lunges and squats with no extra weight.

-jumping jacks (30 sec)

-20 mins of Stretching

Thanks robert i got it in the package in the mail yesterday. Thanks Amanda for all the support you been giving me.

Hi Miguel! Of course my friend! I love helping you learn and grow and watching your progress! I hope your Saturday is going well! You're doing a wonderful job keeping your journal updated and sticking to your workouts! How are you feeling? Let's talk soon about some goals for your 5k and get a training program in mind. We will start slowly but the skills will build overtime! I'm excited for you!

Day 11 Training

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked 30 mins

-Dancing for 25 mins

-Lunges and squats with no extra weight.

-jumping jacks (40 sec)

-20 mins of Stretching

Wanted to do a bit more today because i work tomorrow and i know i will be tried when i get home to want to do anything.

Great work!

Have an awesome day tomorrow. So cool to see Amanda's posts too. She's so wonderful!

High Fives! Keep on rocking, Miguel!

Thank you so much RC! I'm loving getting to know Miguel! He's awesome!

Miguel! Loved your workout yesterday! PLANNING is where it's at my friend! I love that you planned your workout knowing you'd be tried today so you pushed yourself a little harder yesterday! That is simply fantastic! Makes me so happy!

Enjoy your day and we'll talk soon!

Amanda

Day 12 Training

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked 35 mins

-Dancing for 30 mins

-Lunges and squats with hand weights.

-jumping jacks (40 sec rest and did it 3 more times)

-push ups 30 ( on my knees)

-sit ups 30

-ran for 15 sec with out my cane.

-20 mins of Stretching

Since this was the start of a new week and been training for a while thought it would be best to start add more things to my work out

Hi Miguel,

I keep meaning to post back a reply after your kind comments on my journal. You have really been improving, hows your pinched nerve issues, are you coping ok with it?

I find some light physio type exercises after training really helps me. Nothing strenuouse just very light stretches. Any way keep going and all the best mate.

Doug

Day 13 Training

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked 35 mins

-Dancing for 30 mins

-sit ups 30

-20 mins of Stretching

I really didn't want to work out today because of the way my body felt, but if i want to run the 5K in april i know that i have to keep going.

Doug thanks for your kind words. It means a lot to me. My nerve pain has its ups and downs. when i am in pain i will take some aleve. since i have been losing weight the pain has been less which is what my doctor wanted anyway. I am hoping that this will be all over by the end of the year. i will look into the exercises you told me about if you recommend anything about what to do let me know sine this is still very new to me.

Hi my friend! I'm so proud of you! You're doing so amazing sticking to your workouts! YOU ROCK!

I received your emails last night and will respond today! I always love your questions- so great that you're asking questions and want to learn more! As I've been saying, the goal is not perfection! The goal is to learn and be the healthiest YOU that YOU can be! you are well on your way!

Have an awesome day!

Amanda

Day 14 Training

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked 35 mins

-Dancing for 30 mins

-sit ups 30

-20 mins of Stretching

So today i found out that i am lactose intolerance. I was going to give up dairy slowly and fully give it up by my birthday. I guess now it is better to give it up and stay in good health then to go a few more day eating it. Now i have to find things that can replace the dairy. Hope it will not be to hard.

Great work, Miguel!

There are plenty of things you can have instead dairy, you won't even miss it. I personally don't use any kind of "milk" like rice milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc. I just don't really ever eat or drink anything that would incorporate them. I may have them a few times a year with cereal at someone's house or something like that. I'm a much bigger fan of fruits, vegetables, grains, greens, beans, lentils, nuts, etc.

But if you use milk to drink or for cereal or anything else, opt for Rice, Hemp, Almond, Oat, or some other non-dairy beverage.

Same with cheese. There are a bunch of vegan brands and they are at lots of stores all around your area from Sprouts to Whole Foods to plenty of other places.

You can also google search dairy alternatives and find great resources.

All the best!

-Robert

Hi Miguel,

I'm lactose intolerant as well- I haven't had dairy since long before I was a vegan just because it makes me sick! Like Robert said, there are so many alternatives that can help you transition away from dairy if you're eating a lot of it right now. Eventually you won't need as many subs for milk probably. When I buy any milk subs I usually make sure they are unsweetened and plain (so they don't have added sugar or flavoring). I also try to get organic versions and ones with the least amount of ingredients. Good luck and please email me if you have any questions or post here and I'll respond!

You're doing AMAZING with the work outs! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! You inspire me!

Hi Miguel,

Yeah sure mate, no worries, do you want me to send some stuff i have got? I can scan it in and send it to you as an attachment let me know and i will get on it at the weekend It is just light exercises i got as post op recovery material but i still use some of them every so often. PM me on here and i will get it over to you Saturday or Sunday

thanks guys for your support it really makes me happy to know have met some great friends on here. I have not worked out and will not till tomorrow. I can't look tried at work because of all the things that are going on. it also nice to feels nice to take a few days off to have my body rest. I guess the only training i done is the walking i have done at work. Hope ever one has been having a great weekend.

So didn't get to work out today. was standing a whole lot today and the last half hour was crazy at work with all the kids in there families in the room. the one thing i did do and that i am very proud of is that i walked from the gate all across the parking lot an cross a small street to my co-workers car with out using my cane. that was about a 2-3 min walk. when i got to her car i was very tried but happy. it has been about a year since i have done that same walk with out a cane. this shows me that i have come so far in the past year and i know i can only improve from here.

So yesterday was raining and couldn't go out and walk and also was having issues at home so that just brought me down to not want to do anything. i did made myself at least dance for about 15 mins so the day would not go to waste. Today i will make it work no matter what and will post later what i did.

so thought i would post what i did for a workout before going to bed. still having issues but did do more things. i danced for 25 min stretched for 20 mins and then went on a 10 min walk. i know i walk more but what made it harder this time is that i walked the whole time without a cane. by the end of the walk my lower back was in pain and it felt swollen. i was glad i was able to do that. i know by the end i was was walking very slow and wanted to use my cane but being so close to getting home i knew i had to keep going. i will try to do this again in the morning if i dont wake up sore.