Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Are there any Massive Vegans?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:16 pm 
Gorilla

Billy Simmonds is also a vegan tank.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 am 
Rabbit

We should definitely sticky a thread with photos for massive and ripped vegans. I bet there are a few people who have been posting here that could get the ball rolling with pics of themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:58 pm 
Manatee

I've had dozens of arguments with people who say there are no really strong or hulking vegans. I point them to this site or mention someone. Ah, but these people weren't born vegan, they say. One person even demands that someone has to be a third generation vegan to qualify otherwise their muscles can only be attributed to the meat their ancestors ate.

Some will concede that a vegan who has been vegan for a few years can thank their vegan diet for their bulk or their strength - but then add that they must also be on steroids because no one, absolutely no one, can build huge muscles or great strength without steroids.

They also say that there's never been an olympic lifter, power lifter or world strongman vegan champion. I mention Pat Reeves and Jane Black. No, it has to be men. So I say, again and again, that there are very few vegans and, consequently, there's much less chance of a vegan rather than a meat eater becoming a champion in a strength sport.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 am 
Gorilla

Loved scrolling down after reading the first post to see veganessential stood there. Thread should of been locked after that reply :)

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:11 am 
Elephant

LOL i thought you left the forum

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:22 am 
Elephant

I'm not the biggest, nor the strongest, but all of the weight and strength I've gained was gained as a vegan.

I started lifting around the same time I went vegan. I went from 70-ish kg to 110 kg in four years. My body fat has remained about the same, if not reduced, although I can only judge by how I look & feel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:24 pm 
Stegosaurus

sosso wrote:
I'm not the biggest, nor the strongest, but all of the weight and strength I've gained was gained as a vegan.

I started lifting around the same time I went vegan. I went from 70-ish kg to 110 kg in four years. My body fat has remained about the same, if not reduced, although I can only judge by how I look & feel.

Yes, Sosso, you certainly are a shining example of what can be accomplished with smart, heavy lifting and plenty of food! The progress you made over the last few years has been awesome, it's tough to envision you actually being the same guy in those original photos you posted where you were so much smaller. Definitely been one of my favorite people to follow for progress over the last few years!