Ange's Training Journal

Day 19:

Packed the kids up this morning and headed out to the gym only to have to turn around because a winter storm was brewing

So...took them both in the basement with me and rode the spin bike for 30 minutes while reading a book about 12 steps to eating raw food.

Love the book so far and it got me thinking about blending greens again vs juicing them. Made up a big batch of green smoothie and have been enjoying that throughout the day. It's nice to not have any wasted pulp this way

Day 21:

Did my first spin class in years this morning with my husband. It's a totally different experience when someone else is controlling your cardio output - had such a great sweat.

Unfortunately have caught a little cold though and going to grab some zzz's today!

Day 22:

Here's the workout I'm doing today - maybe you'd like to try it too:

Circuit (complete 2-3 times using lighter weight):

- wide grip pulldowns x 20

- hammer curls x 20

- pushups (any style) x 20

- dips x 20

- shoulder raise x 20

- side sho raise x 20

- hold plank for 1 min

- run for 5 min (or any cardio)

Day 23:

Did a Mom & baby Pilates class this morning...wasn't much of a workout but it was so nice to do a little bonding with my Emme!

Eats today:

Veggie juice

2 pieces Manna bread with Earth Balance, Nooch & Hemp Seeds

Broccoli, Potato & Leek Soup with a collard wrap (had pumpkin pate, avo, sprouts & mustard on it)

Ate out at Union burger - veggie burger loaded up!

Day 24:

Hit the gym at 6am this morning before the kids woke up - really love the feeling of getting my workout/shower done before they crazy day begins. Had a ton more energy to get through all the dreaded house tasks because of it!

Eats:

Made a delish Chana Masala for dinner tonight - I could eat Indian food every day!

Day 26:

Did the most luxurious yoga class this morning all while the studio provided free child minding!! It has been so long and my body was craving the deep stretching. I love this local mom/baby studio I've just found and I'm so excited to keep trying some of their other classes.

Day 28:

Forgot to post my workout from yesterday but it was a goodie so I thought I'd post:

LEAN LEG CIRCUIT:

20 min cardio warmup on stairmill

Repeat this circuit 3 times through:

Set 1:

Leg Press x 15 reps

Quad Ext x 15

Ham curl x 15 (seated)

Set 2:

Barbell Squat x 15

Barbell Lunges x 10 ea leg

Ball Ham Curls x 15 (laying down)

Donkey Kicks x 15 ea leg

Today I'm doing a 1hr spin class so I hope these legs will last!

Day 30:

Took Emme to Mom & Babe Pilates class this morning at this great studio downtown. Looks like I'll be coming on as their in house Personal Trainer in a few months & I'm so excited!!

Tonight we're packing up the girls to go to the screening of Vegucated here in London. Free vegan being served up to boot!

Anyone seen this yet?

Day 31:

Wow - last day of Jan!!

Took the babe with me to Mom & baby yoga this morning. I'll miss these classes when they're done cause it's been such a nice bonding experience.

I need to get up a bit earlier on these days to do morning cardio so that I'm getting a little more of a workout in!

Ange, It's great to have you here on the forum participating in the fitness journal. Looks like you have brought some of your fans to the site, and also have gained some new fans from the site. Win-win! You are definitely approved for a prize package and we all hope you continue on with your journal on here long after the contest has ended.

-Dylan