Mina's training journal

Mina

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks love! I think I'm getting there too. I wasn't able to work out today, and I'm pretty bummed out about it. I tossed and turned last night, had nightmares of being on the Rachel Ray show & her guest was killing baby chickens on tv with salad prongs, heh. It really disturbed me lol. Anyways, all that to say, I was still sick and couldn't get enough sleep before work even without working out.

Sleep is vital to me, seemingly more so than for the average north American. I feel extremely and terribly uncomfortable all day if I can't get enough; my body & head aches, I can't seem to shake the grumps out of me lol and its just a state I premised myself I wouldn't be in at work, if I could avoid it. It will end up making me hate my job, something I don't want to have to do, since I will have to work for a very long time lol.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I work at 11 so I have plenty of time to get a good nights rest and workout, cats & dreams permitting lol

Today, I had some Vega pre-energizer regardless, as its a healthier & tastier source of caffeine than the coffee I have access to. I then had a raw active greens chocolate bar, a go4trim supplement, Amy's microwave enchiladas, hemp chips and hommus. For dinner I ate cookies, miso soup and a chard/red lettuce salad. Just ate some toast, butter & hommus bed time snack heh.

Ok, went jogging, did well, and then came back angry. This isn't the first time I am just in a foul mood after jogging. I'll have to search around the website & see if what I'm doing wrong or if its common and how to deal with it.

Jogged for about an hour today! I thought I might be getting mad after workouts if I still had energy to burn or something, so I ran around the block, stopped at home for some juice, then ran around again lol. Not sure if that did the trick or not, but I wasn't mad lol. Took me a long tome because I walked some of the ways when I got too tired. My knees and lower back seemed to feel a lot of the impact, so I'll have to start looking into new jogging sneakers.

I had the usual Vega pre-workout energizer, 2 glasses of juice and a Vega meal optimizer with some coconut milk, frozen banana chunks and some mixed berries.

Just had a miso soup, 5mg of methylcobalamin, and about to make a go4trim shake which just consists of water and the powder mix (1'110mg of Glucomannan, 167 mcg of Chromium polynicotinate, 133mg Svetol decaf coffee bean extract, and 100mg 5-HTP).

Wow, an hour is very nice! Good shoes are nice, especially if your jogging on hard sidewalk or asphalt. I need to repair mine, the lace holes are breaking apart so I can only lace up 3/4 of each shoe, but I still use them to jog because the shoe is molded so well to my foot it feels good lol.

No idea what those supplements do, but it looks like they are working for you! =D

Lol thank you, I am very proud of myself too & might do that again tomorrow since I work a short day. The go4trim is a fiber supplement that is suppose to help with cravings too. I don't need it, per say, buy I like the 5-HTP because it's a pre-cursor for other things like Melatonin. And it tastes like pink grapefruit lol.

I jogged today for 20mins. My knees, lower back & where my legs connect to my hips were aching the whole way. My husband, being a jogger, said its normal, just my body getting used to it or something.

I had the usual Vega products, some go4trim, a raw chocolate active greens bar, a macro Bento box that took me 2 meals to finish lol, a small salad loaded with veggies, and the most delicious protein bar ever! No seriously. Vega chocolate coconut protein bar. Wow. It was like eating junk food. Too expensive to buy often, but just right to spoil myself every once in a while lol.

I would just like to add that 1) I'm really pissed about this app as I have had to "subscribe" to my own thread only about a thousand time, but unlike every other thread, it keeps mysteriously forgetting about it.

And 2) I really, really, really didn't want to go jogging this morning lol, not before I did it, not during, and I wasn't even finally grateful near the end. I am glad I did it anyways though. =)

Thanks love! I'm probably not doing it right. I have bad posture and try to fix it when I think of it, but that's not frequent. Now I wish I had access to all those running magazines my late step-mother used to be subscribed to over 12 year ago lol. /foreheadslapofregret.

Ok, off to go jogging.

Haha I totally lost it. I posted about that issue in the forum for the app, so, it might get resolved soon enough =)

The other reason I haven't been posting is because I have been stretched too thinly with work and other obligations that it made me anti-social. Tomorrow ill post more =)

Ok, so, I was way too busy to post anything here, but I did jog on Sunday and Monday. Both days my knees were killing me & my lower spine, so I took yesterday off.

I don't work today and I couldn't be happier. I went to bed late as I finally could, and played some good old Warcraft 3 just to brush up on lore =) it is now 10:30, I'm about to feed Opie before I attempt jogging - painlessly preferred.

...bump for app

Eh, I can't find my mechanical tweezing machine & so my legs are major hairy lol so much that I can't take a decent picture lol.

I'm losing my motivation to continue. My ankle is swollen & feels bruised. I'm in pain as usual in my knees and lower back. I stand all day at work & now half way through the day & am spent! My app is still losing my friken thread, every day - I think I'm just going to start a new thread or something. And I guess I just feel bummed out & frustrated. I'm guessing this is all normal & I just need to keep it up, push through it to get over this hump. But should I jog with a swollen ankle?? The only thing I can think of that caused it is the jogging!

So, am I doing it wrong? Am I not getting enough nutrients, thereby making me fall apart? Or is this all a normal part of working out when its been a long time? Should I be pushing through the pain?

Eh. I'll just stretch today, I don't have time for anything else right now.

I'm not sure about the nutrient question, but I know the body will adapt to what it's subjected to. Our bones will actually grow harder after they are put under stress for a while, maybe yours lightened up from inactivity like an astronauts? Same goes for soft tissue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law

Don't burn out, my dear. Relax and stretch or do Yoga or something until your body heals up! And try jogging on a soft surface, like dirt or grass instead of concrete or asphalt.

Good luck!

Lol Ty Ty

I didn't consider crunches! I thought I might go for some jogging this morning though, because I don't want to take too long a break and have to start all over again. I'm going to call the driving school though, and see about some lessons. Once I know how to drive and have a car, ill make my own way to the gym as soon as I can afford that too lol =)

Edited by Mina

Doubt it, but its a nice thought.

Ok so, I went jogging yesterday, but I even had the energy to run for a little, so that was nice. I did 20 mins +/-, and as usual, I did some sideways running and stuff, to help with balance and strength, so that when I go clubbing again, I can dance all night = D

I'm going jogging again this morning.

My knees hurt me all of yesterday lol. Walking felt like they were weak and about to fall apart - but not really, obviously. My right ankle is still swollen and my left knee still hurts. /sigh.

I'm still consuming my Vega products. I've even got some MSM for the pain and all, Zyphlamend, and Merry Hempsters heat balm for the left knee, as well as their bumps & bruises balm for my right ankle =)