Fit Before 40 , We Can Rebuild Him.....2012 Log..

Hey Jesse! Great job on your journaling! We're halfway through the January Challenge! How's it been going for you? I'm still working to develop good habits and learning as much as I can from my coach. She's such an amazing resource! Wish I could copy and paste all her knowledge from her brain to mine! I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel mental changes and shifts in my thinking, but still waiting to see some physical ones. Like Michelle said above, I have to keep reminding myself that just as my weight sneaked up on me gradually, it'll be a gradual change to lose it as well. Wish it was different, but oh well.

Sorry to hear about your finger. Ouch! But, sounds like you're making the best of the situation anyhow. Good for you!

Have a great week ahead! Keep working hard!

All the best,

Karen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays workout was 25 minutes on the elliptical doing 2 minute intervals..4/4 crossramp/resistance up to 9/14 crossramp/resistance..Average heart rate was 134 and I maxed out at 157..

Diet today was horrid started out ok but at lunch I went back to old habits of going to taco johns and having a bean burrito with no cheese, I'll pick myself back up again tomorrow..

Awesome! Good for you!!! I really relate to your journal title, by the way. My goal is to be healthier and look better at 40 than I did at 20. I've got 4.5 more years to make it happen! (But, hopefully, it won't take that long!)

Keep up the great work, Jesse! Keep fighting for it!

No workout today.calve was sore from two days of the elliptical in a row, I will HIIT it again after work tomorrow..diet has been off the last couple days, Just can not get rid of this bloatingness and upset stomach, makes it really uneasy at work that i just dont want to eat while i am at work..I might do a fast starting Saturday Night into Sunday or something to give my system a break...i dunno.

Been a rough week diet wise, Between the beans,the vega shakes, seeds and anything else to try and get my protein up.I end up getting the worst stomach ache.For now I am only going to aim for 100G on protein.I may not see the results i am looking for.I want to be able to lift heavy someday but i need to lose this weight and more importantly my digestive system is a mess.I need to get that in order.Going to the restroom every hour, Can't be doing that or I'll get my ass chewed out at work...So I am going to go on a little fast the next couple days and i will see what happens, maybe it is a bug or something..

Anyways as far as my workout goes.

I did 42 minutes on the Elliptical with an average HR of 130.I did Intervals the first 20 minutes or so, 3 minutes average pace than kicked it up for 2 minutes.Used a different machine today that wheat I have been using, I didn't like it as much.Couple more different kinds i am going to try out and see what I like.

get the stitches out on Monday so should start hitting the weights perhaps next week depending on the finger of course..Hopefully next week though.

That's tough, Jesse. Sorry to hear your system is all messed up. Hope you can get that sorted out soon. Good luck on your fast, if that's the route you decide to go!

I just started working out myself, but have really taken a liking to one of the elliptical machines at the 24 Hour Fitness gym I go to. I don't know exactly what it's called, but I like it so much better than all the other elliptical machines I've ever been on. I didn't even know before that there was more than one type!

Good luck!

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/healthy-fasting/

Day two and final day of just cleansing my system out is underway.feel much better than i thought i would, I thought I would be dragging along..drinking alot and i mean alot of of water with lemon juice (true lemon packets at work),Healthy Fasting herbal Tea from Yogi Teas, Berry Detox Herbal Tea, wheatgrass and spirulina tablets and today a little extra cayenne pepper mixed in the water, even now all the bloatingness and stomach cramps and aches i have had the last couple weeks are gone.

I will be going up to do a little treadmill workout today, No HIIT just some walking, do a couple miles...

Get my stitches out Monday after work!! YAY!! should be able to start lifting by the middle of next week.doctor said i should take it easy for a couple days after to give the skin time where the stitches were stitched to heal some too.But i won't have to wear this irritating finger cot at work anymore either..

Don't let temporary setbacks get you down, Jesse. You've been doing great! Life has a way of challenging the commitments we make to ourselves. It is a true test of character to rise above the things that could possibly make you give up. It's like working out; if you don't give up, you get stronger in the process!

Fast ended at 2 pm when i had an avocado and a couple bananas.I will have a vega shake now and start her up again tomorrow, though i am going to aim for about 2200 calories for now and just go from there.

Workout

• kettlebell swings 3x15x30
  • used a online tabata trainer and did 5 minutes of walking than 1 minute of running in place and did this 3 times.only thing i could think of to get some interval training in today until i dig the spinning bike out of the shed, when i don't feel like walking to the gym in this cold ass weather.was going to do 5 sets like this but my calf so said woooaaah you haven't ran in 8 months don't push it.

So tomorrow i'll bring in the spinning bike..

Workout

Chest and Biceps

• Bench Press - 45x20, 65x12, 75x10, 85x8
  • Decline bench Press - 45x12, 55x12, 55x12, 65x8
  • Incline Bench Press - 55x12, 65x10, 75x5
  • Machine Pec Flys - 65x12, 70x8, 60x10
  • Barbell Bicep Curl - 45x12, 60x6, 50x7, 40x10
  • Alt. DB Hammer Curl - 20x10, 20x10, 20x8

Cardio

• Precor Efx Elliptical Trainer Intervals - 25 minutes, 1.79 miles, 133 ave HR, 160 HR Max
  • Walk Home from the Gym - 2.3 miles
  • Spinning Bike - 8 minutes, aiming for 10 minutes tomorrow

Todays workout Music - Kasabian Mix

http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/12263/kasabian-80455.jpg

Nutrition

• Meal One - 6 Bananas, 1 lemon squeezed with 16 oz water, Wheatgrass
  • Pre-workout - Vega Preworkout energizer, 1/2 serving vega chocolate optimizer
  • Post workout - 2 Clementines
  • Meal Two - 2 cup Garbanzo Beans, wild harvest Chipotle medium Salsa
  • Meal Three - 3 bananas, Sunwarrior
  • Meal Four- 4 clementines

Well I gave Lifting a go today and it went pretty good, only thing that gave me problems were the barbell Curls, went to the gym and added decline to the mix on chest and it felt really wierd doing them..Never tried them before today so wasn't sure what to expect...dietwise i am taking a step back and not going to take so much protein powders for awhile.i know eventually I will have to up the protein but for now the cals have to stay low.i think my problems lately is from too much fiber and protein..So i am going to try and cut them down a bit and see how i feel.I don't want to feel like i did last week again! I am also going to start adding more raw foods to my diet in the next couple weeks, It was actually the diet I was going to start on the first of the year..Been watching a lot of raw food videos on youtube and got that Raw Food Asian book by Amy Phyo, 80-10-10 book by douglas graham and Brendan Brazier when i was watching that video he did with Robert and Tonya seems to thrive on it as well..we'll see

Right now it is Bananas because they are so cheap but will be adding more in the coming weeks....

workout

Back and Abs

• Assisted Chin Up - 180x9, 165x7, 165x7
  • Lat pulldown - 90x12, 105x7, 90x8, 75x14
  • T-Rows - 25x15, 50x8, 40x10
  • Roman Chair Back Extension - 0x15, 10x15, 25x10
  • Back Extension (machine) 60x30, 110x25, 125x25
  • Nitro Ab Machine - 50x30, 80x20, 80x20
  • Crunches - 30,25,30
  • Reverse Crunches - 20,20,20
  • Plank Hold - 00:40, 00:30

Got my stitches out today, doctors gave me the ok to start working out..(even though i worked out yesterday ) I thought it went well..chin ups were a bit hard because my biceps were a little burned out from yesterday and also i was picking the heavy orders today at work (generators, Jacks...) but overall It went well..The walk home was a bitch since none of the sidewalks were shoveled, lol..It was like doing the elliptical in 20 degree weather..so yeah the walk home was my cardio for the day.

Nutrition

• B - Oats, Vega Optimizer, Flaxseed meal, Bananas, Chlorella, wheatgrass
  • S - Bananas, Cherry Pie Larabar
  • L - Vega Optimizer, 4 clementines, Flaxseed Meal
  • S - Bananas
  • Pre - Vega Chocolate optimizer
  • Post - Datorade!! 15 dates blended with water and Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens
  • D - Plantfusion Chocolate, Sunwarrior Blend

A lot of protein powders today..I will start mixing some garbanzo beans in tomorrow.just testing my tummy...

1232012.jpg.f4e3b09d0984c729be9aebc4fcbdc0cf.jpg

Personally, I've found I can't seem to handle more than 1 scoop of Vega WFHO per day. Any more than that, and my system gets pretty upset with me. Someone once told me it is likely the chlorella in it. So, if I had as much of that as you, I would be one huge explosion!

Hope you're feeling better since your cleanse!

Workout

I just did 20 rounds of various exercises like Mountain climbers, Kettlebell Swings, running in place, Heismans (from the Insanity videos)... for 35 seconds activity and 20 seconds rest using my Gymboss..so that was 20 minutes or so of Interval Training..

Nutrition

B-Quaker Oats, Vega Perf Protein, Amazing Grass energy drink, Larabar Pecan Pie, Wheatgrass

S-Dates, Clementines

L-Chickpeas, Salsa

S- Vega Performance Protein, Almond Milk

D- Minneola Tangelo, Carrot Juice, Baked Potato

Yeah, I would cut back and see how you feel. I seriously get the worst gas (sorry, I don't mean to be crude) when I have more than one scoop of Vega in a day. But, I do have one scoop most days as my "nutritional insurance policy", and my system can generally handle it. If I want more protein powder at other times in the day, or just already feel bloated or whatever, then I just stick to a straight-up protein powder that doesn't have the chlorella and whatnot in it.

Good luck!

workout

Shoulder and Triceps

• Seated DB Press - 50x12,50x10,60x8,60x8
  • DB Lateral Raise - 10x12,15x12,20x12,25x8
  • Front DB Raise - 25x10,25x10,25x10
  • DB shrugs - 60x20,60x20,60x20
  • DB Kickbacks - 25x12,30x10,40x10
  • Bench Dips - 10,12,12

Fell on my ass walking to work this morning so my bottom side was hurting a bit today so i layed off the cardio for the day.I feel better now so Leg workout should be a go tomorrow, if not than i will do legs on friday..

Nutrition was shit today.pick up on it again tomorrow...

Workout

Legs

• Leg Press - 180x20, 270x12,270x10,270x8 (i think this was the weight, not sure what the weight is without plates I just guessed 90 lbs)
  • Calve Raises - 45x20,110x30, 110x30,110x40
  • Stiff Leg deadlifts - 45x20, 75x12,95x10, 95x10
  • Step Ups - 30x15, 40x10
  • Leg ext. 65x12, 50x15
  • Leg Curls - 60x10, 75x20, 90x20, 105x20
  • Treadmill - 25 minutes, Ave HR130, low speed high incline...

Hi Jesse. Just checking in to see how you're doing. I haven't heard back from you. But you're doing great, I see. Weight was down to 224.8 on Tuesday---that's great!!! Has your stomach improved? You've done really great this month! I have no doubt that you're going to continue the great habits and workouts after January is over.