Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaia's workout log
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 am 
Elephant

Yeah I did legs yesterday and did yoga this morning and the instructor was calling out lots of warriors, chair poses, long balancing poses and honestly the only poses that really felt good was downward dog and childs pose hahahaha. I wanted to fall over and cry cause my glutes were on fire again, my weak ankles were super wabbly, my quads were just pissed and my hamstrings annoyed. But once it was all said and done I feel so much better. Only thing missing was pigeon pose :)

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 pm 
Elephant

Synny667 wrote:
the instructor was calling out lots of warriors, chair poses, long balancing poses

My point exactly. OMG!! you did a chair pose? I remember one time where I wanted to cry after 2 breaths in that pose. I finally gave up and just did a nice forward bend.
Why can't we just do sitting stretch yoga poses, like pigeon and janu sirsasana (head to knee pose)?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 pm 
Elephant

My favorite! Leg Day!

Legs

Leg Press: 11P (990lbs)/15 reps (6 inch ROM w/safety latch still in place - that is the latch from the top to the bottom start positions) - new PB
did ascending sets to the new PB and did descending sets afterwards.

Leg Extensions: 320/8 (PB is 320/10, so no go on this)
Ascending sets and descending sets

Leg Curl: 190/8 - new PB (190/4~2 last time)
Ascending sets and descending sets

Calf Raise: 4 sets of 80/40reps (last time it was 90/30reps) same to me

Sumo Squat - first time back to them after my fiasco - and I am really tired: ascending sets up to 180/20 and then the back started to twinge, so I stopped. Next time.

Adductor/Abductor Machine: 130/25 for 4 sets for each machine (usually I do 120lbs, but last time I upped it to 130lbs, and they really pushed me this time as I was pretty whipped from the leg workout already).

Not too bad of a leg workout. New PB on some, and others it was the same or close to it. I can feel a plateau coming on I think. . . . oh well, I can also feel a cutting phase coming too!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:19 pm 
Elephant

LOL I don't know how I did chair pose.... she even had us doing eagle pose too.... that was ouch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:40 pm 
Elephant

Chest and Biceps were yesterday. I did no new PB, and was barely able to do the PBs from last time.The only thing I can say that I did extra, was my partner dared me to pick up the 90lbs and the 100lbs EZ bar barbells and curl them at least once or twice - just so she could say that her partner is doing the 100lbs barbells I think. It was fun, and I could do it. I know I have been not pressing forward with the weights lately. My body just doesn't want to go there, so I have been adding volume of reps with medium weights instead. I will just go with it for awhile. . . I would like to not feel so beat up all the time. Today's rest day actually makes me feel good. I even went to the gym early - boy is it ever busy at 10 AM! - and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and did 1.5 miles.

Have 2 rounds of working my bodyparts in the few weeks remaining in January. February I will be cleaning up my eating, and starting to document and weigh the portions out (wah!!!!). I will also resign to not push to get PBs in my weight lifting, but more volume of reps with medium weights - yeah, just like I am doing now, but without the long rest breaks we have been taking lately. Also a walking cardio for the early mornings is being planned.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:20 pm 
Elephant

I can't wait till the day I get to start getting ready for a competition!!! I still have a long ways to go

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 pm 
Elephant

You are working towards a competition! Every time you lift a weight, and want more. That is where it starts, and now you are on the journey towards it - right now it might just be a sparkle of light, but it will get bigger and brighter as your body gets bigger and brighter!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 pm 
Elephant

Today was Delt day. Nothing really new to report. I did pretty much what I did last time for delts: hit the PB's, and then did some descending sets to thrash the delts. I may have played around with the resistance bands a little more than last time. The big one is a wicked one with its resistance factor. Played around as in doing side laterals all the way forward till I was doing front raises. I also wrapped one around the cable station and did some rear delt pullbacks - hit the target muscle pretty well.

Getting pretty big now - at least I thought so today at the gym. I also weighed in at almost 180lbs today. That is either f**king awesome, or I am really obese, morbid obese ( :mrgreen: ) as my BMI of 30.8 on FitDay says that I am! LOL! It will be interesting to see what is under this fat that I have now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:05 pm 
Elephant

Wish you lived closer so you could show me some of your workout moves....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:31 am 
Elephant

My partner had to go buy shoes early in the day, so I waited till the late afternoon to go workout. I had the expectations that I would be tired because it was so late in the day, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was not tired. Today was Back and Triceps (which I really do not need to push to go heavy anymore! the triceps are getting too big, and the symmetry isn't looking great on my arms just now), and just like last time - I did some warmup sets, a PB set, and then did some descending sets till failure to really thrash the Back.

I am loving the HammerStrength Back Pulldown/Row - a new PB on there of 130/8+7 (my partner kept me going way passed my comfort zone - almost to absolute failure). I was having some difficulty (back was starting to hurt) with the Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, so I backed off on my weight (I did my partner's weight which is only 20lbs lighter than mine now!) and did alot of reps instead.

And on the triceps, I just played around and did bodyweight dips, rope pressdown, rope tricep extensions, and some V-bar pressdowns - and the triceps were pumped as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:18 pm 
Elephant

Awesome Leg Day! Though it was really hard for me to get up this morning, by the time I went to the gym and had my Vega Pre-Workout (in Acai Berry) mixed with my Yogi Tea Kombucha Green tea (only one bag steeped for 15 minutes), I was ready to go. I am off the creatine for 3 days now, and needed something to boost my energy up - Wow did it!

Leg Press: still did the 11P/15, but did a ton of descending sets in the 25 and even a 50 reps range.

Leg Ext: 330/8 - a new PB (all the little extra weights I could add to the whole stack on the machine), plus I did another whole bunch of descending sets in the 25 to 50 rep range. I was trying not to be overly dramatic, but I was like getting off the machine while whining and then just sinking to the floor and waiting for the burn to die down.

Leg Curl: a nice solid 190/8 for the same PB
Did some more descending sets also.

Calf Raise - same, but my hamstrings were screaming at me all the time I did the seated calf raises.

back to doing Sumo Squats! not the PB of 240, but I did a couple of sets of 25 reps with the 180lbs and added some 10lbs plates for 200lbs, and did 25 of those for 2 sets. I then did my partner's 90lbs, and went all the way down as I could, and did 50 reps for the last set.

My legs were now thrashed at this point, but I was still like "OK, lets do this!" in my head. So I pumped out some Adductor/Abductor Machine at the usual 130/25, but I also snuck in a descending weight, while waiting for my partner to finish her set.

Something tells me that I am going to be one hurting unit tomorrow.

Just checked out my thigh measurement: 27"! a whole inch bigger than Nov. 30 when I took the last measurements. I like to measure my bodyparts and not look at the weight so much. This way I can psyche myself up positively!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 pm 
Stegosaurus

Geez, you are SO strong! It's awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:08 pm 
Elephant

Gaia what is your contest weight gonna be? Class?
speechless about the leg extensions...

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 am 
Elephant

Girl you rock! I am inspired by your strength

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm 
Elephant

Well, I want to be a middleweight, as that is what I was during my other comps (except my first one in which I disappeared into a lightweight at 112 for that show!). I am just scared of heavyweight because those girls are sometimes really tall, and I am only 5'4". But now that I am almost 180, it seems rather far fetch that I could be under 125. Plus I have never lifted so much weight as this before - in other words, I must have more muscle mass than I did last time. I am liking the number 142 today.

I wanted to do only the show in July, but now I have one that I want to do in the middle of May. So our diet calendar has changed from March 1 for dieting to February 1 - farewell bulking. . sigh. . . I loved you so . . . all that yummy food. . . . no cardio. . . .lifting soooo heavy. . . . sigh. In a week it will be all gone - well less, since I have to gear up and start preparing for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next