Linus' Blue Blanket corner

There are a lot of great resources, Jungle Gym or something like that is a travel gym you can take with you, Men's health homework out bible, and Tabatas are all great things that you take with you when you travel.

Good luck to you, I know that it can be tough on the road.

Steve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to minimize what I take with me when I'm on the road. If I'm traveling for two or three weeks, having to pack and repack extra stuff ain't so fun. That's why I like the app since I don't need any weights and just use my own body for what I need.

Pretty good. I only got two workouts in last week but this week I'm home so I'll be with the trainer. Had an awesome back and bicep workout yesterday and I think we're doing legs later today. I'll probably post about it later today or tomorrow as I have recording that i have to do at 8am.

Yesterday evening was legs. And I definitely pushed myself. Even in the cool evening air I was drenched in sweat. My biceps from my workout on Tuesday were and are still hurting bit (less than yesterday but I still feel it -- a good pain). The one thing that I will have to start scheduling is time on my treadmill so that I can add a little more cardio into my weekly activities. Since I've continued to eat like I cycle, weight gain happened. One of the things that I'm looking at doing with tax money (if I get a return) is getting a folding bike with a airport bag so that I can take it with me and bike to and from each location rather than taking a car/cab to locations. I still need to add it into my home routine for when I'm not on the road. I'm not the fastest at changing my routine but I do get to that point.

Every step is one more towards the next adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Viva! Thanks for asking.

Yup. Things still going well and I've been doing well with my workouts. Work has been a little hectic lately and it sidetracked me from posting but I've kept on with them. I've actually nearly gone through all my Vega and may have to do another order next week. Oddly enough I'm heading to Vegas tomorrow for work and I have to check to see if the Palazzo has a fitness room so I can do a little bit of cardio (although I'll probably be walking a lot while teaching -- I tend to walk enough to equate to 3-5 miles per day when teaching in front of students).

So after a work weekend (Sat to Tues) in Vegas, back to some training before heading to San Diego next week. I have to admit to feeling extra dehydrated due to the extreme dryness in Vegas (more so than Los Angeles -- as someone who grew up in a very humid climate I find it extra dry at times). Extra water has been a huge part of my return to home. I haven't lost a huge amount of weight but that's largely because I'm still not doing cardio. I do find that I'm hungry first thing in the morning and when I go to bed, however. Something that didn't really happen before starting working out so that's good. I still try to stick to a raw diet but I find sometimes on the road that's still a bit of a challenge (especially this past weekend where I was standing and teaching for 11 hours straight with minimal breaks).

• 2 weeks later...

*blinks bleary eyed*

Oh.. this is going to be a brutal 4 weeks. This week I'm teaching what we call a "fast track". It's basically a class where I fit in as much info in a week that the human brain can handle and then some. I've had to get up at 4:30am each day (my usual time is 6-7am) and I teach from 5:30am until about 4ishpm. I then go to do my workout (this week it's Tues/Wed/Thurs) for the week. It felt nice to get out of the house yesterday but I'm starting to feel the pain of the early morning. I didn't get any workouts in last week when in San Diego because the work days were brutal (12-14 days )

Thankfully (!?) the next 3 weeks are a little better but I will be on the road for all 3. I head to Ewing, NJ for next week (the hotel seems to have a decent gym -- at least the pictures look decent); then off to Cambridge, MA (basically, MIT -- again, the gym looks ok) and then on the 3rd week Akron, OH (I think -- I'm still waiting for official "okie-dokie" from the customer). Since I haven't heard yet from them, I have no idea. But I'm not looking forward to it. I find that being on the road can be really draining at times, especially since I will being traveling over a weekend and such. Ah well. Hopefully it'll pass quickly and I can use the evening hours to finish my book.

nothing like a 425 am wake up call to head to the gym by 5! I do know the weary road warrior work out life--you can do it. (do you eat at 11 pm, too...can't tell you how many Amy's rice bowls w/ tofu I have had from a microwave in a hotel room)

Heh.. I've actually been doing it when I get back from teaching at the customer site. This has been a great week so far since the students are very interested in what I have to say, are actually there in the moment (not just side surfing non-stop) and actively asking questions. Since this also isn't at 10 hour day (it's 9-5) it's a lot more relax compared to last week. Thus far I've been pretty good. Last night, however, I took a rest day since my knees were still feeling the effects of the stationary bike. I did a cardio workout the day I got here and then did shoulders/biceps/triceps/abs on Tuesday.

Tonight, I'll do legs and abs while tomorrow will be cardio. Saturday will be travel day as I head to Cambridge for my next gig.

Welp, I got my leg workout in yesterday. I've been pretty good about sticking to doing my workouts immediately when I get back. I know I'll never been a bodybuilder (it's never been my desire) but definitely am getting stronger as I find assigned weights are too light for me. What I have noticed is that I think I have an allergy to wheat. It's definitely immediate reaction when I have a glass of beer but I've also noticed it for other stuff. It's making me contemplate a gluten-free diet as well, just to see how my body would react to that.

Tonight, I'm going to squeeze in some cardio while doing laundry a bit and then pack for my train ride tomorrow to Cambridge (Boston).

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh. March was brutal. April has been better and I've been back on regular workouts. My trainer commented how I've increased some of my weights and stamina. I still need to do more cardio as part of my routine and not let my myself get side-tracked by the computer (which is hard since I work from home and specialize in computer technology). I may have to see if I can get up earlier (and play less Warcraft late at night) so I can add more cardio to my day -- particularly bicycling.