Road to a RAW 500+ Deadlift / 300+ Bench / 400+ Squat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/timeimperfectxxx/14b1cd20.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/timeimperfectxxx/d814a838.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/timeimperfectxxx/36159dae.jpg

It is really hard to actually flex and take photos. I apologize for the shakiness and terrible lighting.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ate a lottttt today. But I felt like I needed it after that workout. In fact I am pretty hungry at the moment but can not eat til 9 am tomorrow morning.

Calories: 3561

Fats: 97g

Sat fat: 17g

Carbs: 515g

Fiber: 101g

Sugar: 170g

Protein: 191g

Consisted of raw thai flavored tofu, 1 primal jerky, bean and pepper burrito on whole wheat tortilla, vega recover bar, 2 golden delicious apples, 2 servings almond milk, 2 servings raw mixed protein, 1 banana, 25 raw almonds, 4 figs, 6 dates, 7 oz whole wheat penne pasta mixed with spinach and 1.5 servings of veganaise and 1 serving earth balance light, vega sport, 1 gardein chicken scallopini cutlet, wheat wrap, peanut butter, blueberries, a few banana chips.

Day off today. Fastes for 18 hours. Todays nutrition:

Calories: 2976

Fats: 89g

Sat Fat: 11g

Carbs: 400g

Fiber: 70g

Sugar: 181g

Protein: 153g

Consisted of 2 servings raw oatmeal, 3 bananas, 1 serving soy milk light, 2 blocks raw tofu, 3 servings green beans, small apple, pretzels and hummus, 27 raw almonds, 2 slices ezekiel toast, 1 serving peanut butter, 2 servings of odwalla superfood green, 1 organic protein raw food bar, and 1 organic blueberry raw food bar.

Cant wait to train tomorrow.

Came off a 36 hour shift and then had to errands, and then hit the gym. Fasted for 15.5 hours today. Todays workout was pretty good for the circumstances.

Ran to the gym (1 mile)

Stretch

BB Dead Lifts:

135x12, 225x8, 315x4 (tore a callous on my left hand OUCH), 315x2, 315x2, 315x2 (every time i got to two the pain in my left hand got to an almost unbearable point, thus no sets over 2 after that)

Seated DB Shoulder Press:

35sx14, 50sx8, 60sx5, 60sx6, 60sx7 (very happy with using 60s for three working sets, see last shoulder press day for reference)

Decline Bench Plate Pullovers:

5 sets of 45 lb plate x 15 reps (these were tough at the end, I think i only did 45 lbs at 5x10 last time i did them)

Then did some pull-ups/chin-ups on the assisted and lost track of weight/reps/sets because I just kept switching grips between neutral/chin/wide pull up/wide chin up (ouch) with little to no rest. My back is screaming already.

Incline DB Flys:

25sx17, 40sx7, 50sx6, 60sx5, 60sx5 (had help on last two reps of last set, glad i almost made it two sets on these 60s)

1150 jump ropes

Ran back home from gym (1 mile)

I think I need to cut my calories back a little. I have sort of stagnated my weight loss (3000-3200 kcal a day average), but this could also be due to other factors such as hardly any sleep at work on shift.

I am counseling with Derek Treesize for workouts/nutrition starting tomorrow to help get me to 8% bf. I will post some nutrition after the last meal.

01. Fucking nice Indecision shirt.

02. The fact that you run to the gym makes you that much harder.

03. Depending on how long you cut, you're going to be shredded by the end of it.

04. Holding your phone to take a picture while you're flexing is one of the most frustrating things in the world, especially if you're trying to do it after lifting to catch the "pump."

05. How long have you had your calories set at 3,000? I know when you start logging your intake was lower than that (if I remember correctly, I didn't look back) but since your activity is pretty high, I'd be curious to see how you'd do with dropping them back down.

I'm a big believer in fasting when done properly. I should get my arse into gear and have a go myself but I'm scared of it affecting my powerlifting training.

A few of my friends do it and they're definately not short on energy, they've always said I should give it a try but yeah... I guess I'm a bit of a pussy.

So far i actually find the daily fasting a lot easier than the traditional 6 meals a day approach. On IF i usually eat two large meals and a small meal or large snack. I dont have to cool alllllll damn day like i used to. I have actually been gaining strength and losing fat.

Thanks vegansludge, i am hovering around 15% bf right now and my goal is 8-10% bf for now. The original plan was 2000 which wound up being around 2400 a day, but with all the activity and working out i ended up eating around 3000-3200. I am going to try to start cutting back to 2500 and see what happens. Going to slowly bring them back down so i will probably do 2850 tomorrow.

So i weighed myself this morning as i posted before and i was at 204.2. I took my body fat percentage when i got to the gym and i am already down to 14.3%. This made me so incredibly happy and motivated. Oh yah fasted 17 hours today.

Couldnt run to the gym today because it was monsooning outside.

6 min warm up run

Stretch

Bi/tri workout (warm up was hammer curls 30 lbs each x 32 reps)

1250 reps of jump rope supersetted with sets of iso bi/tri burnout holds

I feel better and more motivated than ever.

Hatebreed-Perseverance probably helped with that as well.

Feeling sore already.

Nutrition for the day:

Calories: 2900

Fats: 90g

Sat fat: 10g

Carbs: 396g

Fiber: 89g

Sugar: 210g

Protein: 192g

2 apples, 20 dates, 60 raw almonds, two blocks thai tofu, 1 organic raw protein food bar, 4 servings spinach, 4 prunes, 2 servings raw oatmeal, 2 servings raw mixed protein, 24 oz soy milk unsweetened, one wheat tortilla.

Currently on a 36 hour shift. Fasted 16 hours. Got little sleep last night at work. Maybe 2-3 broken hours. Took the day off today.

Calories: 3020

Fats: 76g

Sat fat: 14g

Carbs: 454g

Fiber: 75g

Sugars: 243g

Protein: 168g

13 dates, 2 servings of walnuts, 13 prunes, 2 apples, 2 bananas, 2 servings raw oatmeal, 1/2 cup light unsweetened soy milk, raw thai tofu, 1 organic raw protein bar, 2.5 servings seitan, small amount of bbq sauce, 2 slices ezekiel low sodium, 1 serving raw peanut butter.

Officially started my consultation with Derek Treesize today. He will be helping me reach my goals. He changed up my workout for me today. Still have the basic infrastructure as we had before but upped the volume/reps/intensity. I am going to have to incorporate a lot more beans/legumes and greens into my daily nutrition. Fasted around 16 hours today.

I REALLY pushed myself at the gym today and felt amazing doing so. I pushed through a lot of doubts in my head about how much weight I can move and how far I can push myself.

BB Squats:

135x12, 225x12, 265x12, 315x12

BB Bent Over Row: (inverted grip, feet together, elbows at sides)

95x12, 115x12, 135x12 (hard), 145x10 (nearly killed me, last two were forced reps)

DB Flat Bench Press:

35sx12, 50sx12, 55sx12, 60sx9, 60sx12 (went back and did one more near the end of my workout because I felt like I didnt give that last set my all)

DB Shrugs:

50sx12, 60sx12, 80sx12, 80sx12

Incline Dumbell Fly's:

20sx12, 30sx12, 40sx12, 50sx12 (holy crap, last two I had a little assistance from my spotter)

I have been adding in dumbell flys to the days I do incline and flat press in hoping I can increase my chest strength because I am not happy with it right now.

1350 jump ropes.

Also ran to and from the gym.

I set some goals with Derek during out meeting today:

- 500 lb Squat (good form)

- 450-500 lb DL (raw with no assistance)

- 315 lb Flat BB Bench (will probably be the hardest for me)

- Weighted Pull Ups (I can barely do any right now at BW, have always had a hard time with them)

- 8% BF at 190-195 lbs(maintenance, with ability to cut down as needed if I ever want to do any sort of comps)

- Be a role model and blow peoples minds at the gym and hopefully change their way of thinking about a vegan diet.

Edited by MattSxvx

Nutrition for the day:

Calories: 3072 (45%carbs, 30%protein, 25%fats)

Fats: 90g

Sat fat: 11g

Sodium: 1871mg

Carbs: 351g

Fiber: 75g

Sugars: 189g

Protein: 234g

12 figs, 5 prunes, 1 banana, huge bowl of baby spinach, poppy seed dressing, 3 servings unsw soy milk, 1 block raw tofu, 2.5 servings seitan, 2 scoops raw mixed protein, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, wheat wrap tortilla, 2 organic protein raw food bars, 2 servings oatmeal raw.

My gym is closed on sundays so I had to workout in my apartment complex "gym". They only have two sets of dumbells, 20's and 25's, so I just did some light weight high volume hammer curls, concentration curls, skull crushers, oh tri diamond press, and a few bench dips followed by a light 30 min ride on my road bike. Very casual pace.