Newly Vegan - Wisconsin

Tony the Vegan

Hey everyone! Hope you're all well! My name is Tony.

I'm not a bodybuilder like a lot of people on this site, but I LOVE learning about fitness and working out daily for fun, and that amazing feeling I get knowing that I am taking care of my body.

I've been Vegan since Jan 1st, 2011. When I learned about about animal cruelty in factory farms, fur farms, etc.. (thanks to a peta DVD that I had received at Warped Tour 2006); I started cutting down on meat and foods that contained animal by-products. As soon as I saw the documentary "Earthlings" (http://www.earthlings.com/) I was touched and realized it was time to become a true vegan. I eat raw whole foods 90% of the time because I'm a super picky eater and mostly enjoy plain-tasting food.. Sad I know.

Anyway... I love this lifestyle and I am so happy I have come across a website full of other people who love it too! Can't wait to learn more!

I hope to meet some nice people on here! Thanks for reading!

- Tony

A large portion of the people on this site are not bodybuilders so don't worry about that. Also you look like you could totally be a body builder with a little training and direction, I mean come on man, you're cut. I am working towards where you are already at physique wise, props.

Welcome,

-Dylan

Hey, Tony, say hello to 'Sconsin for me. (I know it's illegal to pronounce the W.) My Iowan family has been enamored with your state for decades, camping and touring there in the fall when the foliage is flaming red and orange. And, of course, for the fresh McIntosh apples. Miss those; they don't grow well here in Portland, Oregon where I am now. Where in the Badger State are you? Don't worry, nobody will call you a Cheesehead here.

Baby Herc

Welcome! Congratulations on your tenacity.

I am also new and much newer than you to the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. I am just a few weeks at this (going on 4) after flirting with it for about 20 years or so. The only thing I cannot seem to part with is yogurt and half&half. I have a couple of recipes for yogurt alternatives i am going to try and also something for my coffee, but I have a feeling that will also be going bye-bye as I transition to teas more often. My change is for health reasons, though the animals-abuse aspect is certainly a reason.