Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jessica M. Day one Starts January 2nd
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 am 
Gorilla

Great job and congratulations!!!!!! I really want to try a boxing gym!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 am 
Rabbit

:) You should check it out! Most of them offer one or two classes for free-

So, yesterday I ate really well- I think I may have gone over my calorie goal by 50 or so but I'm not sweating it as the day before I was under.
For breakfast yesterday, I had again, oatmeal and a tbsp of blackstrap molasses.
Snack: Seaweed snacks
Lunch: Quinoa and Mung Beans
Snack: Starfruit and some peanuts
Snack: 1/2 a Odwalla greens
Dinner: Kale and 1/2 a tofurky sausage with some sesame seeds and onions and olive oil.

Gym:
(Can I let it be known that I can't stand it when young teenagers are in the gym at my apt? They are forbidden from being there because they aren't there to work out- they are there to play).
I need to learn to be more open to the young people- if we aren't open to them to teach them, who will? My husband is so amazing, instead of getting angry, he talks to them, invites them to work out with him.

Anyway, back on track:
30 minutes of treadmill at 5.0-6.0. It was a good run, I just wish I was more entertained.
Back Leg raises, sit ups, lunges, back arms and arms curls (I'm not even sure of the name, I'm just guessing) all 5 sets of 12.

Last night after the gym, I felt like i had been abused but I actually don't feel too terrible today. Tomorrow might be another story.

The best part? My jeans fit perfectly this morning!

1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 am 
Gorilla

Awesome! Sounds like you really pushed yourself hard yesterday, which is great to hear! And you've lost weight! Yay! Also sounds like you have a great husband. Congratulations on all counts! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 am 
Rabbit

Well, I've had an interesting weekend. Friday I overate by about 400 calories because i was craving some Gardein Chikin nuggets. They are amazing. So on Saturday I had to readjust my calories. I didn't work out on Friday and Saturday so Sunday's workout felt like alot of work.
Sunday's Workout:
20 minutes of treadmill at about 5.0 and 10 minutes on elliptical
3 different arm exercises
two sets of squats
sit ups

Today is a day off but I think I might try to do something small- maybe play on the Wii or whatever to remain active.

On a good note, I'm feeling much stronger.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:06 am 
Rabbit

I have been sick for the past three days. It started on Monday with me sneezing (thought it was just horrible allergies) and then yesterday was supposed to be my workout day but I literally laid in bed all day long. I am back at work today but feeling crappy.
So today is day 3 of no workouts because of being sick. I was thinking that maybe i'll go for a walk so that I can at least get some fresh air.
Yesterday I think I ate two bananas, a lot of bean soup, and some oatmeal and a luna bar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:21 pm 
Gorilla

Feel better soon, Jessica! :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:02 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for the wishes!

I'm feeling better today but don't think I'm going to attempt a really hefty workout. I am going back to the gym so I don't get soft.
For breakfast - I went non-vegan today and had the starbucks egg and spinach wrap - Every once in a while I do have eggs. Also, drank 1/2 a tall soy latte.
Lunch- had an amazing salad roll and brown veggie roll.
Pre-workout snack: Vega Whole food shake (1 scoop) no banana
Dinner- kale?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm 
Gorilla

Glad you're feeling better!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am 
Rabbit

Well, last night I made a Kenyan dish that I found online. It wasn't the best dinner I've made but it did look nice. Corn Meal "mush" and veggies. It was different but my husband ate it anyway, love him for that.
I'm feeling very tired today, this cold is kicking my butt. I thought I was getting better and then this morning I just feel drained and ready to sleep (stuffy, coughing etc.). I think I was having a really good dream this morning before I had to get up, I hate that.
Anyway, today- going to try to walk tonight- my "trainer" has given me till Sunday to recoup which is amazing because he's usually like a drill sergeant. I'm just looking forward to being 100% again and getting moving, being sick makes you feel sooo lazy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:07 am 
Gorilla

Nursing a cold sucks when you train it zapps energy...Get yourself some L-Glutamine. It's not expensive & will aid your immune system (if you don't take it already)

All the best

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 am 
Rabbit

That's interesting, thanks. Will have to look into that. I had been taking some echinacea cough drops but I know that it isn't worth it if you take it late in the game.

This weekend- Sunday-
squats, arms, situps
ran for 30 minutes (drill sergeant wouldn't let me even do the elliptical ahh!).

Still tired and drained but feeling much better. Stuffy and congested but not as bad. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 am 
Rabbit

Yesterday was my day off. I just went home and laid in bed the whole evening. It's either this cold or I'm feeling a bit depressed because I literally just feel like sleeping all the time. Maybe I need to start taking the prenatal vitamins again to make sure that I'm getting enough vit. That is what I will do-

Tonight, back in the gym- going to focus on legs and abs and run 30 minutes. Maybe warm up with 5-10 minutes on the elliptical.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:13 pm 
Rabbit

I'm reading everyone's fitness journals and realizing that they are training sometimes 2 hours. Am I not doing enough? I need to lose 20 lbs (or become a size 4 whichever comes first). My workouts are usually 1 hour maybe 1:15. I will do the extra 10 minutes of the elliptical and do the 30 minutes of running but maybe that's not enough to meet my goal by June :(.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 am 
Gorilla

Hey Jessica! I responded to your question about calories and the myfitnesspal app over on my journal.

But, I honestly don't think you need to spend 2 hours in the gym. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm sure as long as you're being productive in the hour that you're putting in at the gym, you ARE making a difference! But it seems to me like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself in terms of specific numbers. I could sense your frustration in your last post, and felt it too! If you are being consistent and productive, you're doing great!! Maybe you need to be p-a-t-i-e-n-t! :) Trust me, I know it's not easy. I've needed to lose weight for a long time, and haven't been on a scale in a couple weeks and am scared to get on it again and not see a drop. But, I'm trying to focus less on specific pounds and dates and just to readjust my focus to being healthy.

I wish you the very best!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 am 
Rabbit

Thanks Karen- I read your other post too and commented there :)

So last night I went to the gym minus my drill sergeant and did 10 minutes elliptical and then 30 minutes running at 5-5.5. It felt really good and I did allow myself a few minutes walking time.
I did leg lifts for abdominals and then the abdominal machine which doesn't seem to work very well. I also focused on arms last night.
Got on the scale and I'm back down to 143 from 145 two weeks ago! Finally it's going down. Not weighing myself again till the 10th so I can see if I go down to 139- if not it's ok. I would love to lose 3 lbs by my birthday but I need to just relax and let it happen. Goals are great but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.
Here's to the next 10 days!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next