Miguel Jr Sotelo Training Journal

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Miguel,

Great job! 10 minutes without your cane! Very awesome! Have you tried incorporating the program I sent you? Can't wait to hear how that goes!

When your legs are sore you can always do a workout just using your arms if you feel up to it! You can even use soup cans and do it right at home! I found this article for you, if you have any questions about how to do the exercises, please let me know!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/327806-soup-can-exercises/

BRAVO

Amanda

walked for 10 mins without a cane

15 mins with a cane.

danced for 25 mins.

stretched for 20 mins.

Amanda i have been doing the program you send me i am just lazy writing all down that i just wrote it this way. I just added five more mins to it i wanted to push myself. Thanks about the can workout i will give it a try. I also just found some bands that i bought a while ago that i forgot that i had so i think i will start using them as well.

Hi Miguel! That's awesome! We can update the program next week to keep you moving forward! I want to stay in touch even after this month 'program' is over- I want to continue being part of your journey and helping you (if you want me to of course)

That's great about the bands too! If you need help with finding any workout ideas to use the bands, please let me know!

Keep rocking! You're doing SO SO GREAT!

Have a wonderful day!

danced for 25 mins.

jumping jacks 30 secs

push ups (30 on knees)

stretched for 20 mins

no walking today because i walked at work and also way to windy to try to walk when i got home.

Amanda i would love if you could keep on helping me out. I was going to ask you next week but didnt know if you were to busy to keep helping me out. i found a website with the bands that has videos if they dont work for me i will for sure ask you for help with that.

Amanda i would love if you could keep on helping me out. I was going to ask you next week but didnt know if you were to busy to keep helping me out. i found a website with the bands that has videos if they dont work for me i will for sure ask you for help with that.

YES YES! We can't stop now! We're just getting started! I am busy, but that doesn't matter! If I'm late on an email, you'll understand! But I think it would be really good for you to know I'm available via email or text whenever if you just have a question or need advice or just want to talk! Plus as you get fitter we can continue to adjust your diet and workout and you'll see amazing results! I'm so proud of all the progress already!

Have a wonderful weekend! AMANDA

danced for 25 mins.

jumping jacks 30 secs

push ups (30 on knees)

stretched for 20 mins

25 min walk with my mom and dog.

order some vega today to help me out better with my workouts. I will have to pay it off little by little but i think it will help me in the long run.

Hi Miguel,

You'll LOVE the vega! It's so awesome! I use the heck out of it!

Congratulations on completing this month's program! I can't believe it's over- but it's not really over since we're going to keep working together! I'm so incredibly proud of your progress and I you are VERY VERY proud of yourself! I've loved getting to know you and helping you! I smile every time I get a message from you!

Keep up the amazing work! Keep dancing!!

I am heard to support you any way I can - just answering questions, updating your workout program, or being an ear to listen to anything you want to talk about!

Can't wait to keep watching you learn and grow! You're awesome!!!!!

HUGS! Amanda

danced for 25 mins.

jumping jacks 30 secs

push ups (30 on knees)

stretched for 20 mins

25 min walk

wow i cant believe the month is over. it kinda feels sad and i dont know why since i will still keep on posting. in the last 30 days i learned so much and got to meet some great people. i am glad that i joined this group because now i dont feel so alone on my journey to a healthier life. that i keep taking to all the friends i made and make some new ones.

Hi Miguel,

Good to hear that you are going to keep on posting mate. Just because the month is over does'nt we have to stop. I shall look forward to keeping in touch with you and your progress. Oh by the way did the exercises i sent you help? I hope they did help you as much as they did me.

danced for 25 mins.

jumping jacks 30 secs

push ups (30 on knees)

stretched for 20 mins

30 min walk

May or may not workout tomorrow since it may rain. I may just have to do it early in the morning in order to do my walking and other things i do outside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is my first post in a while and am coming back to this strong again. February was not a great month for me. Just having a lot of issues and now that its March i want to put it all behind me and move forward again. So i end up gaining everything back because all the crap that happen so I am starting all over, but now i know that i can do it over again because i have support here.

So my starting weight now is 355lbs. What my goal is to get as strong as i can to at least walk at 5K in April.

So to start my workouts again i walked for 20 mins and did some stretching. Over the weeks i will start to add more things but since i have not worked out and gain a lot of weight back so soon i don't want to rush my body so fast.

So today was a very busy day at work and did a lot of walking and standing. Even being tried i still got in my 20 minutes of walking and stretching after. The thing that i am still proud is that even though i gain weight i have still kept my strength about trying to use my cane less. i went about 10 minutes without it in my walk. i am hoping that before summer i can kiss that cane goodbye and walk normal again.

OK so today work was busier then yesterday so even as i am writing this down i am in a little bit of pain. Even though i didn't want to do my walking for the day i sucked it up and did it any way. Did 20 minutes of walking and then did my stretching. Something big that happen today is that i tried to run and did for about 5 seconds. This is a lot since i have not tried to run since last month and with the weight i gained i thought i would not be able to. i am hoping that soon i can go up to about a minute.

Today was my day off work so my walking was not as hard to do and because of that i did a bit more walking. Did 30 minutes of walking and then my stretching. Tomorrow i am going to do some jumping jacks and since i have resistance bands will try some work out with them since it looks like it will rain.

So i forgot to post my workout yesterday so here it is. i walked for about 15 minutes of walking and then my stretching. The reason why i did so little time is because i did it all with out the use of my cane. I left my cane at home so that it would be a true to myself when i did the walk. at the end i was so tried and my back was hurting. As for today i did my 20 minute walk and then my stretching. I had to go into work for a little bit and that had to do walking there as well so i was moving around for about and hour an half.

Today I did my 20 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of walking with out my cane. After i did my stretching. Didn't lose my breath as much today as i would before. I also weighted myself today. Before i got on the scale i was really scared because every time i been getting one it i just see it go up and didn't want to see that again. so when i got on it i saw it didn't go up but down. In the last week i lost 10 pounds to be down to 345lbs. This is a big for me because it shows me that i am back on the right track. I know that for the most part the weight i lost is water weight but for me it show that i can lose and not gain. I know that i am not going to lose this much every week and that i should be happy with what i do lose. Here is to another great week. and that i don't fall off the wagon for my 5K with out a cane.