Annette's Training Journal! 2012!

1-23-12

Happy Chinese New Year!!! Year of the Dragon!!!

I typically try to get together and go for a fun Chinese restaurant but today was a no go on that so it will have to take a rain check! Some of my congestion has returned and it is affecting my sleep. I'm gonna do what I can to get through the day. I woke up at 4 am coughing and not being able to breath. I hope this bug is really on the way out.

Cardio core DVD was the workout. Energy is low

Food:

Large Green smoothie - spinach, kale, vega, strawberries, blueberries, date sugar

Hibiscus tea (trying to flush out bug)

Mushrooms, chives, oregano, potato, nothern beans, nutritional yeast

Soba noodles, garlic, red onion

Tomorrow is another day!!

1-24-12

Very busy day around here.

quick version of Total body workout:

Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press

Triceps - superset - seated overhead press with close bench press

Shoulders - superset - reverse overhead lateral with bent lateral

Biceps - superset - standing curl with alternate reverse curl

Thigh - superset - squat with leg extensions and alternating side leg lift

Abs - superset - jackknife with side crunch

added set of planks

Back - superset - double arm bent row with seated back lateral

Calves - superset - standing straight - toe calf raise with standing angled - out toe calf raise

stretch

Errands and then class tonight

Food:

Oatmeal - walnuts, banana, flax meal, cinnamon, cloves, almond milk

whole wheat pasta, newman's sauce, nutritional yeast, oregano, garlic

Rice bread - almond butter, organic berry jam

fruit bowl - grapes, cantelope, pineapple, blueberries

Here we go! I need to add a running training program because I have a target half marathon now set for April 28th. I have 13 weeks and I have looked up training plans online. I think I found one I can work with. Here goes!!!

Happy training!!

1-25-12

cardio day:

45 minute run outside - still cold around here but road is semi-clear. I was having some trouble with lingering congestion but made it through.

Green smoothie - apple, clementine, brown rice protein, ginger, kale, spinach, frozen blueberries and strawberries

sandwich - sprouted seed bread, smart deli, sauerkraut, romaine, cucumbers

whole wheat pasta, newman's sauce, nutritional yeast, oregano, garlic

banana, carrots

1-26-12

Total Body workout day:Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press and Incline flye with incline press

Triceps - superset - seated overhead press with close bench press and tricep kickback with lying extension

Shoulders - superset - reverse overhead lateral with bent lateral and side lateral with alternate shoulder press

Biceps - superset - standing curl with alternate reverse curl and concentration curl with hammer curl

added set of planks

Calves - superset - standing straight - toe calf raise with standing angled - out toe calf raise

stretch

no time for outside cardio so I'm counting darts today. (lol I'm on dart league)

Green smoothie - apple, clementine, brown rice protein, ginger, kale, spinach, frozen blueberries and strawberries

Veggie Burger, cabbage soup, green beans

Romaine salad with cranberries, cashews and poppy seed dressing

Popcorn

Need to work on time management. Running from one thing to the next!

1-27-12

Busy 12 hour day at work

Going to count it as rest day! lol!

I did great with the food:

Oatmeal - walnuts, banana, flax meal, cinnamon, raspberries, almond milk

Baked potato loaded with mushrooms, red onion, garlic, peppers, nutritional yeast, dab of toffuti sour cream

dark chocolate square

Weight holding steady and I feel much stronger!

1-28-12

Bundled up and met Hiking group for a great hike in Rochester

Hiked 5 miles on hilly frozen trail. Managed to stay warm and dry despite biting wind.

After hike we had dinner and saw the light show on main street.

Food:

Oatmeal - walnuts, banana, flax meal, raspberries, almond milk

ABJ sandwich on sprouted seed bread, banana, clementine, apple

Vegetable soup, vegetable raviolli

popcorn, chocolate square

Tired and beat from all that fresh air!!

Happy training everyone!!

1-29-12

It was a snowy day around here. I did my Total Body Workout and warmed up the place with some vegan lasagna!

Workout:

Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press and Incline flye with incline press

Triceps - superset - seated overhead press with close bench press and tricep kickback with lying extension

Shoulders - superset - reverse overhead lateral with bent lateral and side lateral with alternate shoulder press

Biceps - superset - standing curl with alternate reverse curl and concentration curl with hammer curl

Abs - superset - crunch and reverse crunch

added set of planks

stretch

Food:

Oatmeal - banana, walnut, berries, flax meal, almond milk, apple pieces

Green smoothie: Kale, spinach, green apple, clementine, vega, ginger, frozen strawberries and blueberries

Vegan Lasagna: Whole wheat noodles, tofu, spinach, zucchini, onions, garlic, newman's sauce, nutritional yeast

Yum!

1-30-12

Hit the gym for week one of my training for a half marathon on April 29th!! I had to run on the treadmill because of the snow but it felt great! Did 4 miles! It's a start!

Food:

Green smoothie: Kale, spinach, green apple, clementine, vega, ginger, frozen strawberries and blueberries

Leftover Vegan Lasagna: Whole wheat noodles, tofu, spinach, zucchini, onions, garlic, newman's sauce, nutritional yeast

Brussel Sprouts

Whole grain cereral, almond milk, berries

air popped popcorn

I feel great! In the dead of winter I'm building the Spring Fitness!!

1-31-12

Busy day but made it through with success!

Workout:

Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press

Triceps - superset - seated overhead press with close bench press

Shoulders - superset - reverse overhead lateral with bent lateral

Biceps - superset - standing curl with alternate reverse curl

added set of planks

stretch

Food:

Green Smoothie, Vegan Lasagna, edamame, ABJ on sprouted grain bread, banana, apple

Had my first test today in the class I took. I scored 96%! All this must make my brain work better!! Yeeha!

It has been a great month!

2-01-12

I went to the gym to run train because it is icy outside

ran 50 minutes on the treadmill, going great!!

Did not log food. Decided to take a few days off from the food log but continued to eat healthy. Will start food logging again on the 6th.

2-02-12

I went out walking early this morning and had planned to do my Total Body workout.

Well best laid plans. The day went crazy. My 82 year old Mom fell (playing tennis lol) She is all right but it was worrisome for a few days and my cat ate a flower out of a bouquet and I suspected it was a Lily. (It was not a "true" lily) so she is all right now as well after being hospitalized on fluids, etc.

I would like to mention that many houseplants and flowers can be especially toxic to our dogs and cats.

Lily's carry a toxin that shuts down the kidney function and this can happen fast! Especially toxic are Easter and Tiger Lilies. I am grateful today for my pet's wellbeing and wish the same for all!

02-06-12

Well back at it! Everyone is doing fine and I'm grateful I was able to be there to help out!

Today marks 20 weeks of my makeshift work out program that I started September 2010. I lost a total of 17 pounds and strengthed muscles. I no longer have a sore knee and can run again!

Today also marks 1 year of being vegan!! I have been vegetarian since 2007 but I didn't really get it until last year after doing a lot of research and reading. I have never felt better!! I am better able to be in the moment and just dig in and help out when some crisis or stress comes up (which it will always do) with this kind of fuel.

I am grateful for websites like this one with so much information and community of sharing ideas!

Workout

Quick run outside! It was beautiful out today (although they say we are in for a cool down) so had to enjoy it!

Food:

Smoothie - almond milk, kale, brown rice protein, strawberries, blueberries

Whole wheat pasta - eggplant "meat" balls, newmans sauce, nutritional yeast

raw califlower and carrots

ABJ sandwich on sprouted grain bread

clementine, apple

edamame

Yum and Yay!

Hey there, Annette! Great job on your journal and fitness and everything! As one of the VB&F team members, just thought I'd let you know that we received your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity for the NYNY challenge, and you'll definitely be receiving the prize package! We'll be assembling and shipping them out beginning next week, so be on the lookout mid-February for your package to arrive!

Congratulations, and thanks for all your support of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness! Hope you're feeling better soon!

All the best,

Karen

1-07-12

Feeling great and back at it! Today was Total body workout!Chest - superset - flat flye with flat press and Incline flye with incline press

Abs - superset - crunch and reverse crunch

added set of planks

stretch

Food:

Oatmeal - almond milk, walnuts, banana, cinnamon, cloves

Green smoothie - vega, kale, spinach, apple, strawberries, blueberries

Nori wraps - hummus, brown rice, hoisin sauce, apple, carrots, baked potato

Snacks -carrots, califlower, air popped popcorn

Felt great and off to school! Happy Training!!

1-08-12

Great day today as well. Headed to the gym workin on the fitness:

63 minutes on treadmill - run 2 walk 1

20 minutes on cycle

Food:

Oatmeal - almond milk, walnuts, banana, cinnamon, cloves

Green smoothie - vega, kale, spinach, apple, strawberries, blueberries

Whole wheat pita, asparagus,

Fava Bean salad - red and orange peppers, garlic, red onion, zucchini

sweet potato

Feeling sore but great! Have a wonderful night!!

• 1 month later...

3-14-12

I have been working out and for the most part logging it on my phone. I haven't got to my VBB&F log though.

I'm still holding my reduced weight but I need to make a plan to get stronger.

We are having unusually great weather around here (you never know with old MI) and I was able to do a 4 mile run outside.

When I came home I did 3 sets of 15x Pushups, squats, crunches and reverse crunches.

I will look through the forums for some ideas for a new spring plan!

Happy Training!!

3-14-12

I have been working out and for the most part logging it on my phone. I haven't got to my VBB&F log though.

I'm still holding my reduced weight but I need to make a plan to get stronger.

We are having unusually great weather around here (you never know with old MI) and I was able to do a 4 mile run outside.

When I came home I did 3 sets of 15x Pushups, squats, crunches and reverse crunches.

I will look through the forums for some ideas for a new spring plan!

Happy Training!!

sounds like you had a good workout today. welcome back to VBB&F. I am also in Michigan and yeah what a great weather day in the mitten! its good to get outside and get active with the sun again. keep on hittin those strength sessions, im sure you will get a good plan together

• 3 weeks later...