LauraF 2012 Journal

lauraf

Thanks for the encouragement Matt!! Once upon a time I would have eaten for comfort but I've managed to curb that in recent months.

I didn't get up until 11am today after a late night surfing the internet, luckily I wasn't meant to be at work. As soon as I got up I was busy cleaning, cooking and organizing. I took 2 loads of stuff to the tip and loaded the car up with 7 boxes (!!) of paperwork to take to the office tomorrow. It's been a busy day but I enjoyed it (am I weird?!)

Not been too hungry today probably because of the late start, I had:

12pm: Peanut butter Sandwich

6pm: Vegetable Stew with Dumplings

Myfitnesspal calories: 1285 Water consumption: 1 litre

Hoping to go to the gym tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Didn't get to the gym today like I had hoped, I spent all day running errands. Not happy but at least I've already done my 3 sessions this week

Today I've eaten:

Breakfast: Beans on toast

Lunch: Jacket Potato with beans and side salad

Dinner: Soya burger in bun, couscous, tomatoes,spinach and grilled mushrooms

I've come to realise I'm not very adventurous when it comes to eating different things. MyFitnessPal calories 1642.

Water consumption: 1 and a half litres

At work again tomorrow but may get chance to squeeze in a dog walk on the beach.

Food today:

Breakfast: Low fat crisps (I need to be more prepared for eating when out with work!!)

Lunch: Boiled brocolli, carrots and potatoes with sausages and gravy

Snack: Snack pack of rice cakes

Dinner: 2 Sandwiches with mock chicken slice, tomatoes and spinach,watercress and rocket. 4 grilled mushrooms

Myfitnesspal Calories: 1269 so far..... I may have some supper to try and up the calorie intake a bit, I'm worried that some days I'm eating too little.

Water consumption today: 1 litre and a half so far.

I will be hitting the gym again tomorrow- I have the day off work, I can't wait!

First an update to yesterdays calories. Final total was 1482, I had missed off an orange juice i'd had and I had a hot chocolate for supper. I hit the gym first thing this morning, although I've been tired for the rest of the day I enjoyed going then rather than late on.

Todays workout:

- 60 minutes on cross trainer (25 mins level 2, 15 mins level 3, 20 mins level 4) 3.53kms and 606 calories

- Abdominal crunches - not done today (ran out of time)

- Leg Extensions 3 lots of 8 @35

- Pectoral 1 lot of 2 @30 and 3 lots of 5 @25 (I really failed at this today!)

- Chest press 3 lots of 8 @25

- Stationary Rowing 20 minutes, 3333m, 168 Calories

Food today:

Breakfast: Snack pack of rice cakes

Lunch: Sausage casserole with pearl barley

Dinner: Nothing yet.....not feeling hungry again

Calories so far today according to myfitnesspal: 1282 , Water so far: 1 litre and a half. Weight today 200lbs Since October 2nd 2011 I have lost 17.5 lbs.

First of all. Update to Mondays calories. Total was 1690 after supper. (i had crumpets with worcester sauce)

Yesterday I didn't get chance to post.....I didn't get back from work until 1am! (we had been working on a car 100 odd miles away!) and by then I was ready for my bed! Total Calories yesterday was 1484. I ate:

Breakfast: Bean Salad

Lunch: Nutty rice salad, rice cakes and an iced finger bun

Dinner: Beans on Toast

No chance for a workout, Water consumption : 1 litre and a half

Today I got up late after getting to bed so late. I spent the whole day cleaning the house while my partner went to work. Couldn't get to the gym tonight because I need my partner here to watch our daughter so I'm hoping to go first thing tomorrow before work.

Today I ate:

Breakfast: 'Beef' slices

Lunch: 3 Grilled mushrooms

Dinner: Pasta with tomato sauce

Myfitnesspal calories:921 so far. Water consumption: 1 litre so far. Not really hungry but I guess thats because I've not been up all day.

Going to go and get an early night now

Todays workout:

Cross trainer: 60 mins (level 3 30 mins, 15 forwards,15 backwards and level 4 30 mins) 597 Calories 3.44kms

Abdominal crunch: 1 lot of 15 @25, 2 lots of 2 @25

Leg extension: 3 lots of 9 @35

Chest Press: 3 lots of 10 @35 , 1 lot of 4 @30

Stationary rowing: 10 minutes, 1670m 84 calories

Food today:

Breakfast: 4 rice cakes

Lunch: 2 meat free burgers with tomato and spinach, garlic bread, potato wedges

Dinner: Hot chocolate

Myfitnesspal calories: 2239

Water consumption: 2 litres

Late back from work yesterday.

My calorie intake yesterday was 1682.I had eaten:

Breakfast: 7 Medjool dates

Lunch: Slice of pizza (no cheese), 2 cereal bowls of salad and a handful of potato wedges

Dinner: beans on toast

Water: 1 and a half litres

Todays calorie intake so far is 976 (its only 5pm). I have eaten:

Breakfast: Houmous with carrot sticks

Lunch: Spagetti bolognese

Water consumption so far 1 litre.

Third workout of the week today, I did:

Cross Trainer: 60 minutes (half level 4 and half level 5) 640 Calories burned, 3.66kms

Abdominal Crunch: 3 lots of 14 @25 (i really struggled with this today!)

Pectoral: 3 lots of 5 @30

Chest Press: 3 lots of 8 @30

No leg extensions today as machine was always being used.

Rowing: 15 minutes. 2453m 128 calories

I'm really pleased I started a journal on here. It has meant I have been to the gym 3 times a week for the last 4 weeks which was my aim

Rest day today but I was at work assisting with a major service on a car. Here is what I ate:

Breakfast: Snack pack of rice cakes

Lunch: Celery and carrot sticks with houmous

Dinner: Sausage Casserole with pearl barley

Snack: small carton of Chocolate Rice milk

Myfitnesspal calories: 1785 . Water consumed: 2 litres

Hopefully I will be able to get to the gym tomorrow after work

No gym today as work ran over as per usual, very annoyed but nothing I can do about it. Off work tomorrow so will definitely go in the morning. I love working out in the morning!

Today I have eaten:

Breakfast: Small bag of light crisps

Lunch: Pea, spinach, and potato wrap and a handful of crisps

No dinner yet. Going to have something in a little while.

Calories so far: 1153 calories Water consumption so far: 1 litre

Laura, so inspired! You are working your butt off. I am working my way up to the longer cardio sessions

I noticed you have a blender? Try this amazing smoothie that I love (and it gives you tons of greens and fruits!)

1 cup of Kale

1/2 cup spinach

1 banana

1/2 an apple

Water

Ice

or same as above and instead of 1/2 an apple- add in pure apple juice vs. the water. Love it!

Yesterday I finished up with 1628 on myfitnesspal, I had pasta with a tomato sauce for dinner. I also drank a further 500mls.

Thanks jmichael614 I will definitely try out the smoothie you mentioned. I went shopping today and bought a heap of fruits

I got to the gym today- I'm very happy! My workout looked like this:

- Cross trainer: 60 minutes on level 5, 638 Calories and 3.65kms

- Abdominal crunches: 3 sets of 15 @25 ( can seem to manage to do even 1 at 30)

- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 8@35 and again after a nice bloke came up and showed me how i should adjust the machine to suit my short legs another lot of 3 of 8@35. It felt so much better the second time!!

- Pectoral 3 sets of 7 @30

Thats all I had time for today - Theres a limit on the car park I use of 2 hours, not sure why I didn't manage to fit in my usual workout.

Food today:

Breakfast: Bean spread on a rye crispbread, 4 portobello mushrooms grilled

Lunch: 2 Soya burgers in 2 buns with cucumber salad, raw spinach and tomatoes

Dinner: Pack of rice snacks--- I'm so hungry though so there will be more to add to that.

Calories so far: 1317 calories Water so far: One and a half litres

Weight today:199lbs

I'm so glad this challenge was set! It gave me the extra bit of motivation I needed after Christmas to get my butt back to the gym and back to eating better. I've managed to go to the gym 3 times a week like I aimed for and I have also kept another one of my new years resolutions.....to not bite my nails.

This month I had tried to drink as much water as I could each day although I do find it difficult...I've not always hit the 2 litres per day like I had hoped....so that is Februarys challenge for myself- Along with purchasing (and using) some protein powder because I've not been hitting my protein targets with food alone the past month.

Saw you were talking about getting a protein powder. Did you see Vega was having a sale on veganproteins.com and on veganessentials.com? 40% off, that's a big sale for that brand. Its really good stuff.

Besides that outstanding work on your fitness journal this month and keep up the good work. You already have goals set for February, that's awesome. Thanks I think I'll set some Feb goals of my own now too.

-Dylan

The last 2 days (Wednesday and Thursday) have been rest days for me. I've decided I'm not going to keep as much of a track on my calorie consumption as I have in the last month. I lost about the same amount of weight as when I wasn't calorie counting in Oct-Dec and it was a bit too time consuming for my liking.

I hit my 2 litre target for water consumption yesterday and I am on track to hit it today (Thursday). I also found some Vega samples so going to try them out and hopefully find one I like to purchase in the sale, thats tomorrows job.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a tough couple of weeks, had family problems and turned to food for comfort *kicks my butt* and because of the bad snow/ice here in the UK I've not wanted to risk driving the 20 miles to the gym....until today. Today was my first day at the gym in a long time, and god it felt good!

My workout wasn't my usual one as the gym was sooooo busy but I did:

Cross Trainer 60 minutes- 30 mins level 5, 10 mins level 7, 20 mins level 5 661 calories 3.73kms

Seated cycling 20 minutes- level 3 9.74kms 146 calories

Food has been better today too. I had a snack pack of rice cakes, a vega shake (yum!!!) and I'm about to have stew.

I will definitely sleep tonight when my head hits the pillow!

Hey Laura! Great job with your journaling during the month of January! We're getting ready to ship out prize packages within a week, so be on the lookout for yours to arrive later this month (or early next month, since you're in UK)! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of the community!

Sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of weeks. Hopefully, things will be back to good soon?

All the best,

Karen

Thanks Karen, i will definitely keep my eyes out for it!! Things are looking up already (finger crossed they continue that way), I think getting to the gym and getting the blood flowing really helped me too.

Today has been a rest day, although somehow I have managed to down 5 litres of water when I usually struggle with 2 - Odd! I'm going to try and stick to my February resolution of at least 2 per day now! And also back to the gym 3x per week.....hopefully I should be able to get there tomorrow. I'm also gonna try and get some pics of me now, because now 4 and a half months in I'm really bummed I didn't take pics of me before! I don't wanna leave it any longer!