Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: another journal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:56 am 
Rabbit

i also wonder - the bicep machine thing is awkard for me, so i think that plays a part in it..but i don't get how i could do heavier weights on triceps when my biceps have *always* been stronger...
perhaps the tricep 'push down' machine (has gravity assistance) as opposed to the usual free weight lift up plays a part too..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:45 am 
Rabbit

Essentially another rest day today. I was going to swim, but plans and reality didn't meet up.
'walked' 30min on the treadmill followed by p90x abs (1/2 with 10lb weight, 1/2 i forgot the weight) and 50 crisscross crunches.
i'm scheduled for another block tomorrow, so no exercise and no pool for a few days after. But based on how it went last week, I'm thinking I'll be able to do something on Saturday..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:34 am 
Rabbit

Yesterday's block made it such that I was able to walk without crutches (and a whole lot of pain - but I *could* walk which was huge) on the treadmill - 1mph for an hour = i walked a mile for the first time since..well..I'd have to venture to say at least half a year. So, yay for that.

I did another 1/2mile today with minimal crutch support..

As for actual exercise, I took it pretty easy today - just pilates legs, 20 reg pushups, 20 chataranga pushups.

I also discovered (via a sampler person) that Vega (which, most of the flavors I used to think were pretty...hard to drink) tastes pretty good if you just use water instead of the usual trying to hide the flavor that is required with many other powders..So, I got some berry which was on sale..Wish it were cheaper, but...I like what's in it and am pretty happy to discover that it doesn't taste horrible as i first thought..

Yep.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:15 pm 
Rabbit

Used the bike trainer for 45min.
p90x ab with 10lb weight + 50 crisscross crunches..
walked (yes, walked) on the treadmill for 30min/1mph holding onto only the handlebars - minor weight held on the bars, but they were mostly used for balance..woooohooo...How long it will last, i don't know, but for now...yay to be able to walk again..

After, i had half a vega choc/coconut bar and part of a Zing chocolate/coconut..

and, now that this 'contest' is almost over, i'm thinking for the next one, i should have the goal of more exciting updates :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:29 pm 
Rabbit

Did spin class again today..Definitely got my heart rate up, though I think it was only about 40min.
After that, the core machines..and soon I shall do my 30min of slowwwwwwwwww walking..

:)