Mary's Training Journal

Today was Ab Day! It hurts and I love it.

Meals:

Morning: Hollowed bagel with eggless egg salad from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

Lunch: same as breakfast only I added pomegranate seeds and Rasberry balsamic vinegar, also a pomegranate and blackberry salad

Dinner: Pizza with Daiya cheeze and meatless peperonie

Tomorrow I will run in the morning-it has been a while (save for the park run) and I need to do it!

The plan was to run this morning, but I woke up with some crazy pain in my hip-so the plan changed. I have had Bursitis for the past 15 years in my right hip and have had about three steroid shots in my hip to ease the pain. I don't like them-I really hate them. It is not the pain of the needle (although its a doozy!) , but the knowledge that my body needs a steroid to be able to function is what bothers me. It got so bad where I would roll on my right side when I was sleeping and wake straight up in pain. I had one final shot a few months ago and have been ok-but the pain is slowly coming back.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it!!

Today's workout was Shoulders and arms from P90X

All exercises were done twice on alternating groups of three (do the first three, then repeat. do the next three, then repeat)

Alternating Shoulder Presses

In & Out Bicep Curls

Two-Arm Tricep Kicks

Deep Swimmer's Presses

Full Supination Concentration Curls

Chair Dips

Upright rows

Static ARm Curls

Flip-Grip Twist Tricep Kickbacks

Two-Angle Shoulder Flys

Crouching Cohen Curls

Tricep Extensions

In & Out straight Arm Shoulder Flye

Congdon Curls

Yoga this morning was incredible! I felt totally in the groove and it may seem mean and not in the spirit of yoga-but I was hitting moves that other people in the class couldn't. They really wern't all that crazy-but this particular class is predominately newbies. But everyone attempted the moves and as long as everyone gets something out of the class-it is worth it!!

I have been eating the same thing for the past few days-Breakfast is a tofu scrambled in a hollowed bagel, lunch is the same, and dinner is a individual pizza with tofu "pepperoni" and daiya cheese. I have been crazy hungry the past two days so I have been eating a bowl of special k every now and then and some sweet potato fries with my mini pizza. Snacks are always a banana or two and an orange or two.

Tomorrow i get to rest a bit and then hit the P90X. Sunday I am off on a business trip!

So I missed blogging yesterday! Not that my little sentences actually apply as blogging-but all the same! I got back late last night and the love of my life was waiting at the airport for me!

January was a better month than expected and part of that was due to this site! It made me accountable for my actions and really forced me to take a hard look at how I was training and how I was eating. Did I meet all of my goals? No. Did I improve? Yes. and that is what counts!!

Mary, that's fantastic!!! You did such an awesome job this month! We'll be posting an announcement soon with details on claiming prize packages for eligible journals. I'm glad VBB was able to provide you with the tools and support for improvement. Consistency all comes from YOU, though, so you have much to be proud of!!!

Hope you'll stick around VBB beyond January and stay an active part of the community here!

Karen