The Inspired Vegan

Baby Hercules

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I finally perused this at a bookstore and, Oh, my freakin' goodness is it tasty! The recipes are lush and spicy and sweet and hot and thick and rich--like no other vegan cookbook I've seen. Basically, he takes all the flavor and decadence of the deep south and turns it into something a vegan can brag about. Plus, he's funny. Plus, he adds to every recipe a book recommendation and a music selection. I guess you read the book for the feel of the dish and you play the tunes while you're makin' it. I dare you to make it through this cookbook without having to wipe drool off your chin.

Baby Herc

Are the recipes similar to Vegan Soul Kitchen? That got a lot of rave reviews so I checked it out of the library, but it just wasn't quite my thing.

Don't know yet, lobbie, but I'll check out that book and give you a comparison study. One thing I like about Inspired Vegan is that he includes some adult beverage recipes, many of which can be translated to virgin versions. I finally learned how to make an exact, authentic Mint Julep. Hint: it don't translate well to "virgin."

Baby Herc