New You for the New Year Contest 7

Vision: To create a structure and formula for success in a health and fitness program, providing helpful tools, resources, and guidance to turn goals into reality, making New Year’s Resolutions come true.

Follow the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions! This 12-Day Formula For Success is the platform you need to finally make your health and fitness goals a reality.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

laurak11
Rabbit

Re: New You for the New Year Contest 7

#16 Postby laurak11 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 am

What did you enjoy most about this online fitness challenge experience?

Wow, what have I not enjoyed? To start off I learned that I do feel wonderful sticking to an all vegan diet. Knowing the benefits and also feeling them have really opened my eyes to a better way of life.

I've also learned that I can still maintain a healthy physique and weight being injured. Weight lifting and keeping an online journal this month has kept me on track and I've even lost weight while gaining muscle definition :D
"never give up"

1yrvegan
Rabbit

#17 Postby 1yrvegan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 am

I enjoyed the challenge as well as the accountability, I felt like I wasnt just letting myself down but the people that were checking the journals as well if I missed a workout. I loved the words of motivation as well as the ideas on how to tweak the workout as well. My grandmother passed away which distracted me for a few days and both Robert and Karen expressed their condolences which was greatly appreciated. Great idea for having this program!

Migueljr
Rabbit

#18 Postby Migueljr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 am

What i enjoyed about this the most is all the new information that learned. All the new friends i made that have helped me out along the way. Trying to do things that i though i was still not ready to do and because of my health at the moment to only find out that it was only me that was keeping me back and could do much more. The most thing that i enjoyed and love the most is getting to work with my mentor and giving me so much support. With out her i don't think i could of done half the things i done so far.

Lyric
Manatee

#19 Postby Lyric » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 pm

Getting to think about various decisions and choices. It's also so much fun to see results and feel as though others are rooting for you!!

ceasom
Rabbit

#20 Postby ceasom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Taking part in this challenge was awesome - it forced me to be accountable to someone else other than me. Just knowing that someone else was watching - either through the forum or the personal trainer - helped keep me on track. Loved the last month and it's flown by! Thanks for everything, Robert!

marcallain
Finch

#21 Postby marcallain » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 pm

I love the fact that I was able to see that there are many vegans out there able to maintain a very active lifestyle focusing solely on plants!

all zen
Rabbit

#22 Postby all zen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Last edited by all zen on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be" ~ Dr. Wayne W Dyer~

seanwest14
Finch

#23 Postby seanwest14 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 pm

The vegan diet has giving me awesome energy!! My recovery time is cut in half and I don't ache as much as I use too! It has made it easier for me to sleep which helps a lot. I like how people are intrigued by my diet and ask me lots of questions and thanks to you Robert I have a lot of the answers for them.

Sean

mattpb
Manatee

#24 Postby mattpb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Being new to life as a Vegan i was made very welcome to this site which i was extremely greatful for, through peoples comments on my thread to support from Robert. (It made my day when i saw Robert had left a comment on my thread).
Seeing what others eat has made me realise i now eat a wider variety of whole foods which i enjoy so much.
Keeping a Journal online which shows exactly what you did in the gym, makes you push just that little bit more to get that extra rep out.
Spending a whole month not eating a cheat meal, to be honest i have not even thought about having one as my Vegan meal plan its healthy, clean and satisfying.

What could make this challenge better for me?

Winning this prize, as its my Birthday today!!!!

Happy 31st Birthday to me!

Thanks Robert for everything you have done to support us all and thanks to everyone else who encouraged me to reach my goals.
Last edited by mattpb on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."-Bruce Lee

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.-Arnold Schwarzenegger

BlueStorm
Rabbit

#25 Postby BlueStorm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Well eating no fish or meat was easy!!
I liked talking to other vegans and really found this uplifting vibe that made is easier for me to continue on.
The learning, growing and loving this process makes it worthwhile for me.
This is not a one month thing for me!

And Robert, I really enjoy your enthusiasm and sincereness.
You got me to make the step with this challenge and I am glad I did!
How am I going to live today, in order to create the tomorrow I am committed to? ~ Anthony Robbins

Just2Eve
Finch

#26 Postby Just2Eve » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Vegetarian, mostly vegan, but havent done any fitness yet.

xChrisZx
Manatee

#27 Postby xChrisZx » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Pushing myself harder than ever and finally getting noticeable results.

lauraf
Rabbit

#28 Postby lauraf » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Seeing so many people were there doing it with me, showing me what they were doing. I was able to learn from their journals and their comments on mine spurred me on.

lobsteriffic
Stegosaurus

#29 Postby lobsteriffic » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Definitely the motivation to keep up my journal!

Synny667
Elephant

#30 Postby Synny667 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:19 pm

I loved all of it! I like going through the journals finding exercises I didn't know about or forgot about.
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Return to “12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness”