The Brand New Boy

Goldilocks

Hey guys,

My name is Jade and I have recently become vegan. I am age 17 and live in Australia. For Christmas I was given Robert Cheeke's Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness book and am making my way through it. It has inspired me to to start bodybuilding, put on some muscle mass and then lean down and begin to get some definition. My weight is 76 kg and hope to increase it. I have a self designed program that I follow 7 days a week although am not to sure about the nutrition aspect of bodybuilding. I am still at school and can only train as often as i get the chance to and eat when I'm allowed to during the school hours. I am unsure of the best way to put on muscle mass and bulk up, how many calories is to much and what is the best food to be eating to achieve it. Robert's mass-building nutrition programs which are listed in his book seem very high in calories. Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

I train 7 days a week training a different muscle group each day and each muscle group is trained twice a week. Each session is finished off with 20 minutes of cardio.

Cheers

Jade.

Training whenever you can is great but don't forget about resting. Your muscles actually grow when they are at rest. Resting is just as important as lifting. Also starting now is great, you will build a foundation that will last a life time, that is if you stick with it. And yes dope means good

Training whenever you can is great but don't forget about resting. Your muscles actually grow when they are at rest. Resting is just as important as lifting. Also starting now is great, you will build a foundation that will last a life time, that is if you stick with it. And yes dope means good

Yea I understand about resting, even though i train 7 days i only work each muscle group twice a week with 2 days rest in between.

ha ha and yea in Aus we say things like mad, ace and good onya etc.

Thanks for the support guys.

p.s has anyone tried the insanity workout??

BTW if you are lifting you are not resting. I would suggest read Robert's book and follow one of the workout routines in the book and make adjustments as needed. Also working each muscle group twice a week is really not sufficient rest for your muscles to grow. Since you like lifting one suggestion (of many) is to try an 5 and 2 split. Working out five days and resting for two. This could look like this:

Day 1 chest

Day 2 back

Day 3 Shoulder

Day 4 Biceps & Triceps

Day 5 Legs

Rest two days

My current routine looks like this

Day 1 Legs

Day 2 Chest & triceps

Day 3 Back

Day 4 Biceps & shoulders

Rest 2 or three days and start the cycle again

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27490

BTW we also say mad but not ace and good onya.

Good luck with your training. This is a good board. I wish I had something like this when I was your age and I started powerlifting and then bodybuilding, it would have saved me a lot of mistakes