Officially started my consultation with Derek Treesize today. He will be helping me reach my goals. He changed up my workout for me today. Still have the basic infrastructure as we had before but upped the volume/reps/intensity. I am going to have to incorporate a lot more beans/legumes and greens into my daily nutrition. Fasted around 16 hours today.
I REALLY pushed myself at the gym today and felt amazing doing so. I pushed through a lot of doubts in my head about how much weight I can move and how far I can push myself.
135x12, 225x12, 265x12, 315x12
BB Bent Over Row: (inverted grip, feet together, elbows at sides)
95x12, 115x12, 135x12 (hard), 145x10 (nearly killed me, last two were forced reps)
DB Flat Bench Press:
35sx12, 50sx12, 55sx12, 60sx9, 60sx12 (went back and did one more near the end of my workout because I felt like I didnt give that last set my all)
50sx12, 60sx12, 80sx12, 80sx12
Incline Dumbell Fly's:
20sx12, 30sx12, 40sx12, 50sx12 (holy crap, last two I had a little assistance from my spotter)
I have been adding in dumbell flys to the days I do incline and flat press in hoping I can increase my chest strength because I am not happy with it right now.
1350 jump ropes.
Also ran to and from the gym.
I set some goals with Derek during out meeting today:
- 500 lb Squat (good form)
- 450-500 lb DL (raw with no assistance)
- 315 lb Flat BB Bench (will probably be the hardest for me)
- Weighted Pull Ups (I can barely do any right now at BW, have always had a hard time with them)
- 8% BF at 190-195 lbs(maintenance, with ability to cut down as needed if I ever want to do any sort of comps)
- Be a role model and blow peoples minds at the gym and hopefully change their way of thinking about a vegan diet.
Last edited by MattSxvx
on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.