Fit Before 40 , We Can Rebuild Him.....2012 Log..

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel better soon, Jesse! Remember, challenges and tests aren't always bad. They can show you what you're really made of and that you're strong enough to stay true to your commitment of reaching your goal, no matter what life throws at you. Take care of yourself and take it easy while you're healing. Part of getting and staying fit is knowing when it's time to rest and recover. Once you're well, you can get back on track to reaching your goal. You've done a great job this month! You should be very proud of yourself.

Edited by MichelleRisley

Thanks Michelle, I still feel sick but felt well enough to at least get my lifting part of my workout in today.cardio I will hold off for a day or two.

Workout

Chest and Biceps

• DB Bench Press - 40x15, 4x60x10
  • Incline DB Bench Press - 60x10, 4x50x10
  • DB Flys -20x10,3x30x8
  • Modified Push Ups - 10,7,8
  • DB Alt. Hammer Curls - 30x12,40x12,40x12,40x10

Now I am going to just relax for the night sip some ginger tea, have a few clementines and try and fall asleep earlier than usual.Also need to start keeping track of my diet.I'll get their at leats i am working out on a regular basis now, that is more than what i was doing a month ago..

I'll get their at leats i am working out on a regular basis now, that is more than what i was doing a month ago..

YAY!!! So proud of you, Jesse! Keep up the great work! And I hope you'll feel better soon. I've been wondering how you have been feeling since cutting down on the Vega WFHO?

Jesse, you've been doing so great this month with the New You for the New Year Challenge! You've done an awesome job with your consistency in journaling and fitness! We'll be posting an announcement soon with details about eligibility for the prize package and all that jazz. Hope you'll stick around VBB through February and beyond!

All the best,

Karen

Thanks Karen and Michelle.I had a few setbacks but kept plugging away.I am sure as it gets warmer and as my body heals, I will be testing myself much more.

Workout today was a 2 mile walk in the slush and somewhat cold Minnesota air..though it is warmer than normal..Hitting the gym for the first time since Friday tomorrow..gotta start kicking my ass!

Workout

Shoulders, Back and Triceps

• DB OH Press - 40x15,40x15,40x12,40x12,40x10,40x10
  • DB Rows - 40x10,40x10,40x10,40x10
  • Inverted Rows - 7,7,6
  • Front Rows - 4x20x10
  • Lateral Rows - 4x20x10
  • Bench Dips - 10,10,8
  • Skullcrushers - 50x12,50x12,60x12
  • DB Shrugs - 60x20,60x30,60x30,60x20

Felt good to finally get a good workout in after being sick this week.Did back today since i didn't do it earlier in the week and I'll do Abs tomorrow..

Hey Jesse! Great job with everything this past month! As you may recall, I'm one of the VB&F team members, and we got your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity. We'll be shipping out prize packages beginning mid-month! Great job! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of this online community!

All the best,

Karen

forgot to log in Fridays workout so here it goes...

Legs and Abs

• Linear Leg Press - 118x20,208x15,298x10,298x10,298x8
  • Seated Leg Curls - 75x20,90x20,120x20,135x12,135x12
  • Standing Calve Raise - 105x10,75x12,75x12,75x12
  • Abdominal machine Crunch - 50x20,75x20,75x20,75x20
  • Reverse Crunch - 20,15,12
  • Walked to the Gym and from there I walked to work...3.76 miles aprox

Todays workout.

Chest and Biceps

• Bench Press - 45x20,75x12,95x8,95x7
  • Decline Bench Press - 45x12,55x10,60x10
  • Incline Bench Press - 75x8,75x8,75x6
  • Flys (Machine) - 75x12,70x10,70x8
  • Barbell Curls (olympic Bar these are much harder than other bars) - 45x12,45x10,45x6
  • Alt. Hammer Curls - 25x8,25x6,25x6

After Lifting i did 25 minutes on the elliptical doing Interval training 1.79 miles, 129 Ave. HR, 156 Max,

Than walked home from the gym..

Foodneed to start tracking this again after slacking off a bit the last couple weeks.I am slowly starting to eat more raw fruits in my diet.reading the 80-10-10 again, also ordered a Veggie spiralar from amazon so i'll be making zucchini pasta soon )I also sense a Vitamix or Bledtec in my future..probably long distance future but future nonetheless

#1 - 2 scoops Vega, 2 Bananas

#2 - Naked Green Machine, Vega Recovery Bar

#3 - 5 Bananas

#4 - Avocado, Zevia Ginger Ale

#5 - Popcorn

#6 - Mandarins

Edited by jbrickzin

Hey, one of my very good friends follows the 80/10/10 diet and also has one of those veggie spiralars you mentioned. Makes raw zucchini pasta with it, too, and loves it!

And who among us isn't jones-ing for a Vitamix?!?! God, I want one soooo bad!! Yeah, someday......

How are the tummy issues going for you lately?

Been a lot better,But this week my diet was crap because when i am sick I am different from most people in that I eat more when i am sick than when i am not sick. I think part of the problem may have been eating a lot of fiber too.my body wasn't used to that.Just got to keep tweaking my diet until i find the right combo for me.

I got the spiraler cause one of my prizes last month i got was a raw food cook book so i really want to dive into it and try stuff instead of just looking at the beautiful pictures in the book