Vegan since BIRTH

jmalik

Hello my name is Jehiina Malik and I've been a vegan since birth and I'm also a female bodybuilder! I started competing at the age of 19yrs old and every year worked harder and harder realizing it's TRULY hard for a vegan to body build! I just turned 32 and my body now has more muscle maturity and just getting better at it. I still play w/ my diet, still haven't found the perfect one to follow when preparing fro a show! I always do my own diet because I haven't found a vegan nutritions who's been a vegan since birth and knowledgeable about the sport! I changed a few things this time around, I'm using pea protein instead of soy and almond milk instead of soy milk and I have been feeling less bloated. I always place and this year I'm trying to take my class and hopefully overall! I want to know is their ANYONE else out there who's been a vegan since BIRTH w ho's a bodybuilder?????

Please contact me!!!

Thank you! Awesome that your friends kids were born vegan!!! Veganism is all i know!! Well no not really, just using Plant Source Pea Protein to get in extra protein! And of course all my vitamins C, Calcium, B12, B Complex, Silica and a multi!

Wow, that’s Awesome

I can have only wished that my parents were as enlighten as yours were to raise me vegan, but they were not.

Unfortunately even today they still aren’t even able to make that ethical connection about me being vegan not to mention themselves.

Kenny

Thank you Kenny!! It's a great life style! I would not want to have been brought up no other way!! Bodybuilding has been a challenge for me but proved all those ppl wrong that said vegans let alone a vegan since birth cannot be a bodybuilder!!

Eat well!!!

Bodybuilding is challenging for everybody.

Kudos to you (and most people on this forum) for proving wrong the Myth that vegan are skinny and weak!

Personally I think a vegan diet gives you an edge as long as it's a healthy diet, most of the other vegetarians/vegans I have met don't eat many vegetables mostly starches and vegan junk foods.

Unfortunately most all the products used to increase Mass are not vegan, mostly Whey based.

I guess in that sense it can be more challenging for us vegans.

Kenny

Of course bodybuiliding is challeneging for everyone, I just say harder for vegans because we have to find proper protein sources and just much harder to get our food as well as it being expensive!

Thank you, I put a lot of work into it! And yes instead of whey we do have pea protein and soy protein! It's just harder to prepare the perfect vegan diet when preparring for a show!

Yes you will find those vegetarians and vegans who do not eat properly tending to starchy carbs and junk food! I don't know if they just are not knowledgeable of knowing what to eat or what! But I mainly eat protein, complex carbs then veggies!!