BUT eating healthy is so expensive!

C.O.

Today I decided to buy some Brazil nuts. I saw the price tag $10.99 and I thought, woah, that's outrageous, no way I should be spending that much on nuts. Then later I was in the beer isle, about to get a 6-pack and noticed the price $9.99. Friends I have come to the conclusion that eating healthy is not as expensive as everyone thinks it is. We have just all been convinced that some of the wrong things should have a higher value than some of the healthier things; or at least I had been.

So I skipped the beer and went back and bought the Brazil nuts.

Deep thoughts by Dylan Handy...

Have you guys tried following coupon sites? It can be hard to find vegan-friendly coupons, but they are out there! Even if you only save $5-10 a week, that can be a big chunk of your food budget if money is really tight.

http://www.organicdeals.com

http://myfrugaladventures.com

I subscribe to both of those sites RSS feeds and it only takes a few minutes to scroll through the things I don't want/need. MFA often posts 'best buys' from stores like Target, Walgreens, etc. where they'll match up the stores sales with coupons so you can get stuff super cheap. Once again, not often vegan but sometimes you can find stuff like Hormel chili for 50 cents less a can, and they have a vegetarian variety.

Mrsbadmouth, how do I like or retweet that haha. Thank you I like saving money, I'm so weird like that.

Oh and Jungle I watched one of those youtubes, interesting, surprised that captain crunch plus vega powder is a better idea than cliff bar, never thought to mix protein shake into cereal vegan milk mix. AND more importantly I learned there is a such a thing as peanut butter multigrain cheerios. Now only if I can find them here in BK..

-Dylan

• 4 weeks later...

Lol good point, about the nuts and beer lol.

When customers complain to me (as if I could really do anything about it lol) about how expensive organic foods are, or supplements, I simply tell them its cheaper than surgery =D

mmmmmm funyuns...... dipped in bbq sauce..... that sounds amazing. That being said I totally agree. The cost of prescriptions and medical bills haven't gotten horrific over our generation.

-Dylan