Vegan Curious

Cown

This fat burner is amazing! Not only do I barely even want food (I have to actually force myself to go eat) but the increased energy that it causes is making me more friendly, outgoing, confident, and just overall happier. As a result of that, I already feel better about what I see when I look in the mirror. I'm LOVING this!

The only thing I have to really keep in check is that my body keeps trying to tell me that because I'm on this, I can eat whatever I like, but I know that's not the case. I know I have to keep up my clean diet in order for this to really have the desired effect...but my body won't listen! It's saying to indulge all the cravings it's been having.

I'm only at 790 calories for the day so far...I need to go have something else to eat, and my body is saying cereal because it's delicious, but I suppose I should be good and make a protein shake...

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sam! Great job with your journaling! I'm one of the VB&F team members, and we got your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity. We'll be shipping out prize packages beginning mid-month! Great job! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of this online community!

How is the vegan aspect going for you? Have you been able to stick to a vegan diet? Do you think you'll eat vegan moving forward? Just curious.

All the best,

Karen

Careful with those fat burners! Sounds like they're hyping you up (and likely stressing your adrenals), make sure your diet stays on course while you're taking them and keep up your fluid intake.

I'm keeping myself very aware of the effects it's having..finally my habit of over-analyzing myself is useful! I'm definitely drinking a lot, and I don't have to force it anymore like I was, I actually want water all now. I really want to be able to see results from using this fat burner, so despite my body saying it's ok to indulge cravings, I'm sticking with the diet I've been doing this last month.

Hey Sam! Great job with your journaling! I'm one of the VB&F team members, and we got your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity. We'll be shipping out prize packages beginning mid-month! Great job! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of this online community!

How is the vegan aspect going for you? Have you been able to stick to a vegan diet? Do you think you'll eat vegan moving forward? Just curious.

All the best,

Karen

I'm not 100% vegan yet...I think it's going to be a very slow process. It took me a long time to get away from using processed soy stuff all the time to making healthy meals, too. I hate cooking, so I always do what's easiest. My main problem is going to be finding a replacement for my egg whites. They're such a simple, quick protein meal and really low in calories...That's not an easy thing to replace.

Very proud of myself...my parents came for a visit today and when they got here they had timbits. I didn't have a single one! It was really close though...and now I REALLY want snackish stuff. I'm getting into a bad habit of using peanut butter when I want to snack. Granted, I could use more healthy fats, but too many calories! Especially when I have it on toast...

My mom also got on my case about my new eating habits. I tell her I eat a small variety of things and what she hears is that I'm not eating enough. She thinks I have to eat more in order to eat well. She also nagged me when I said I'm trying to drop fat, because she hears that I'm trying to lose weight. UGH. She doesn't understand anything of what I'm trying to do, and I knew she wouldn't. My dad doesn't either, but at least he lets me do what I'm gunna do without lecturing me about it.

Whoever said mondays suck was lying! Stepped on the scale around mid-day, and I'm up to 66% muscle, UNDER 14% fat! and, less importantly, under 55kg Needless to say, I was standing on the scale cheering. The dogs thought I was losing it lol

I also had a good time at the gym this afternoon...literally went to failure on bench press. I couldn't get the last rep up, and without a spotter I had to dump the weights. I should have been embarrassed that it happened...but I really wasn't. Ever since I started working out I've had a vein in my left shoulder that pops out, but I've never been able to get the right one to do the same until now It's slowly becoming visible.

Is it weird that, as a woman, I want to see that kind of thing?

My legs are starting to look a little more jello-like than I'd prefer from lack of use...I did deadlifts today, and my groin didn't appreciate it. I have wrist straps to use for deadlifts now, but I'm really not sure how to use them properly...anyone have any tips?

Very excited about my cheat meal tomorrow! Pad thai...mmm....

I didn't hit the gym today (thank god I hadn't planned on it, I felt shitty and weak [light headed n all] all day) and I probably won't go tomorrow, either. I'll be back at it thursday. I'm determined. Even if work gets chaotic and I don't get the time at lunch, I HAVE to go afterwards. I'm loving my body too much now lol I just want more of what I've got!

A personal trainer at one of the gyms I go to is even taking notice of my physique haha and mentioning it to my boss! Flattering, but quite awkward!

Anyone know if ibuprofen can be taken while you're on a fat burner? My groin is begging for ibuprofen, but I've been avoiding taking it.

Strange how quickly things can change without you noticing, isn't it?

In less than 2 months I've gone from desperately fighting against cravings for bad food (sometimes losing the fight) to not really liking the bad food anymore...

I had my cheat meal today, pad thai with a blizzard afterwards. While both were incredibly delicious at the time (the blizzard was brownie batter...I can't even explain the deliciousness), I don't feel good now. I don't feel ill or anything, but I just don't feel good.

Usually I get 2L of water every day and I'm good (more on workout days) but right now it's like my body is telling me that I need more water in order to flush out the crap I ingested earlier today.

I'm not really sure when this change happened...but I kinda like it. This could make my life a whole lot easier.

Has anyone else noticed anything like that?

I get that, mainly the reason why I don't eat rubbish anymore.

I'll look at the food and nutritionally analyse it, often subconsciously. If it's something I'll get little good from I usually won't eat it. When I eat clean, healthy, energy providing foods I feel great and my workouts are productive; that's reversed as soon as my diet falls away.

Tried a little bit of legs today...3 sets of each glute kickbacks, sitting leg curls, and leg extensions, all with lower weights. Went to do some squats on the smith machine, but of course it was occupied..I tried a free weight barbell. Used just the bar (so 45lb) for a warm up of 10, then went to 65lb for 15, tried another set and had to stop It was just slight discomfort at the time, but I knew it was bad...still it took me a LOT of self control to stop. It was extremely hard to use such low weight to begin with...

I'm gunna look into seeing a massage therapist, hopefully they can tell me something, or do something...Hopefully.

It felt good to do something with my legs, though. For a few minutes, anyway.

Work this morning...though I'm not wanting to go outside at all (ugly weather), then gym, then [hopefully] out tonight with friends! Tonight could be bad for the diet...well, it will be. Between drinks and the more than likely chance I'll have bad food very late at night. My way to balance is to eat clean all day, plus a good workout, and only eat something bad later, and somehow I have to keep it limited.

This could be a whole new level of challenge...lol

I've noticed my bench is lacking a little the last few times I've gone in. Really not sure why...I couldn't do 3 sets of 8 with 70lb last time, I had to decrease it before I had to dump the weights again. Im hoping I'll be back to normal today. We shall see...My boss gave a me a tip to try with my bicep curls, too. He said 'pinky up'. Not fancy, tea drinking style, but pinky always above the thumb. Trying that out today.

Saturday was a clean day, minus the drinks. Yesterday, however, was atrocious. It made me feel like complete shit, too. I really can't eat bad stuff anymore..it's both awful and fantastic.

Hitting the gym in a few hours...I'm finding that I'm getting really bored with my upper body routine since I do it so often. I've been researching some new stuff to do, but does anyone have any favourites they'd like to suggest? In particular, I'd like new exercises for shoulders and back. My shoulders have become one of my favourite attributes and I'd like to continue to do them justice...and my back, well a built back is just sexy, so I'd like to kick that up a notch.

Any recommendations would be great!

I don't know if it's just my state of mind today or if it's actually the case, but I feel like I'm all over the place. I feel like diet, workout, and life in general is just...chaotic. It could just be that I've made a few changes this week, I dunno. It's really throwing me off though. So is thinking about this weekend..I'm at a work conference for 2 nights/days and they always serve carbs on top of carbs on top of carbs for meals...I'm really dreading it. It's going to be completely delicious...but SO not good. I get so bulky and soft-looking on carbs! I got some protein bars for snacks, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to muster the excessive amounts of will power that it's going to take to stay away from all the delicious carbs...

Next week, well, starting sunday, is going to have to be so incredibly low-carb it's not even funny. Maybe that's how I should think of this weekend...I'm carb cycling...ya, that's it...

Pack some protein powder with you, a shake should get you through one break and then it''s up to you to choose wisely for lunch/dinner I'm sure there'll be salad, veges etc etc.

Sounds like you need an hour or two of time out to reset yourself. Maybe put some chilled out tunes on your MP3 and go for a nice, decent length walk. Take care and stay awake through that conference haha MF.

Pack some protein powder with you, a shake should get you through one break and then it''s up to you to choose wisely for lunch/dinner I'm sure there'll be salad, veges etc etc.

Sounds like you need an hour or two of time out to reset yourself. Maybe put some chilled out tunes on your MP3 and go for a nice, decent length walk. Take care and stay awake through that conference haha MF.

Haha Ya...I'm going in with the assumption that I'm going to cave with some time of food or another...most likely the cookies or muffins. Dinner rolls and such things I can avoid no problem. I'm definitely taking protein bars, and some almonds just in case. No powder though...I really don't like powder in just water, it tests my gag reflex.

Going for a nice walk is actually a really good idea...however, I don't get the time until sunday. I have 2 free hours right now, but I've gotta sit and ice my leg for a bit.

I tried working legs again today..I'm going to do light work once a week, I've decided. Leg extensions were fine...really weak, but fine. Likewise with hamstring curls..squats though...it kills me to go so light with the weight (warm up with the bar, then a 10 plate on each side), and still I can't complete 3 sets. I guess I'll just cut out squats for a bit...or suck it up and just use the bar.

This weekend wasn't AS atrocious as I was expecting...but it was still bad. I got home yesterday evening and thought 'screw it, no point eating healthy now' so I had a few things that I crave often. Figured that the day's intake was already shot to hell, so might as well up the calories some more and shoot it down today. I didn't get as low as I would have liked with calories today, but it was still lower than usual. I believe I stopped at 790, but I only went that high so that I could get adequate protein since I hit the gym. Oddly enough, despite having the urge to snack, I'm not actually hungry.

I really need to figure out some new exercises, though. I'm seriously bored with mine. Just having new exercises doesn't cut it though...If I don't enjoy them, it's still just as boring. I guess tomorrow will be research day...I'm gunna have to find some type of medium between lifting mode and nerd mode. Wait...that's the normal me!

Wasn't hitting the gym today and since it was absolutely gorgeous out, I decided to take a walk. It wasn't as relaxing as I expected...possibly because I was walking through some sketchy places, put me on edge a bit. Kinda the opposite effect I wanted. I apparently also went a little too far...groin started aching as I was circling back to home when I was about a half hour out. I've been procrastinating going to see a massage therapist, but I think I need to suck it up and go, or at least look into it. It might be an awkward session, but I've gotta try something.

Tomorrow's a nothing day...well, I'm gunna be running my butt off at work, but nothing other than that. Wednesday it's legs...no squats this time though. That's depressing.

Definitely ran my butt off at work...unexpected cases needing anesthesia will do that, I suppose. I made the mistake of going into bulk barn to get almonds...I came out with almonds and white chocolate almond bark. It was fantastic, but I shouldn't have had it! Ugh.

I've come to the conclusion that I made the wrong choice to start on a fat burner. It's given me great results, and thursday will only mark 3 weeks of being on it. My weight dropped and I look awesome (unless I load up on carbs...then I look like a tank haha), but it's got me in the wrong mind set.

I only started monitoring my diet at the beginning of the year, so I'm not even 2 months in, but because of the fat burner I'm in the mind set that I should be dropping fat all the time, and I'm just not seeing that. It's stupid, because I know as well as anyone that changes take time and patience, and then some more time and patience. I think this is what's got me a bit derailed lately...I'm not being patient so I'm getting frustrated. Such a rookie mistake! lol

I should be extremely thrilled with my results so far, though. Since Jan 1st I have dropped 3.5kg and I've come down about 5% body fat (roughly)...and my shoulders look like they never have before!

*sigh* Here's to being patient...

The picture that I'm going to post pretty much made my day...or week. The jeans I had on used to be tight enough on me that I had a muffin top...and now look Couple that with my boss repeatedly complimenting my figure, and I had a pretty damn good day! Of course, that's ignoring the fact that I could barely do squats and didn't even try lunges in the class we went to.

But just look...

1634100968_P2190881(376x600).jpg.e7e54233f2a6f8fbafe3b1cc88bffa25.jpg

On a daily basis, the only thing I eat that's not vegan is my egg whites...I don't drink real milk, or eat cheese (with occasional exceptions). Every once in a while I have ice cream, but that's also rare.

I'm feeling awesome in the gym! I'm working my legs again, very lightly, and avoiding squats (very depressing) and it seems to be helping a bit. That, combined with icing at least once a day, and Rub-a535 every night, and I don't think I need to go see a massage therapist anymore (which is awesome...that would have been a rather awkward appointment).

I hit the gym first thing this morning - 7am! I never, ever thought I would see the day when I did that...but I was so excited to go that I jumped out of bed when my alarm went, and I've been completely hyped up all day...now that I'm not at work and don't really have anything to do, I'm getting really antsy lol I want to go back to the gym! I don't think I have as much strength in the morning, though. Can't win 'em all, I guess. It makes me feel better, but strength is slightly lessened. Luckily not significantly so.

I'm switching up a bit of my upper body workout, too...incorporating some things from workouts I've read on simplyshredded.com. I really like it. It's only minor changes, but it's just enough to get rid of that boredom I've been feeling.

So, to sum it up...Great day, and great week

Boredom always ruins a day, somehow...

Tomorrow is another leg day...I used to wear out frustrations by doing lower body workouts, but that's not really an option at the moment...I'm thinking a swim might be pretty relaxing, though. Follow that up with a sit in the hot tub and/or sauna, and I think tomorrow sounds pretty damn good!

I'm going back to my normal gym, too, which I haven't been to in a few weeks. A new one (in the chain that I'm a member of) opened across the street from my work, so I've been going there since opening day...it's too cardio oriented. My normal one is VERY weight-focused. Lots of huge guys, and several women who obviously lift...it's really nice to see, and be around. Kinda excited.

What I've got goin' on for lower body currently is...

Hamstring curls 8 - 10 reps x 3 sets, weight depends on the machine I'm using

Leg extensions (same as above)

I'm not sure if they're called donkey kicks or glute kickbacks...but something along those lines.

Standing calf raises, on a riser, 30 reps x 3 sets with a 30lb BB

Deadlifts...weight varies, as do reps...I got wrist straps, and I had my boss show me how to use them, but I just don't feel secure relying on them...so deadlifts are kinda all over the place. I always go heavy with them, though...usually 100lbs + for reps. I try to do 20ish in total, however many sets it takes me.