Road to a RAW 500+ Deadlift / 300+ Bench / 400+ Squat

Sort of fell off the wagon yesterday as far as my "diet" goes. I ate a whole bag of granola for breakfast. I only ended up overeating my total calories by 400 or so, but it wasnt ideal. I hate being a stressful eater. Had a terrible 36 hour shift. I am paying for it so far today.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of fell off the wagon yesterday as far as my "diet" goes. I ate a whole bag of granola for breakfast. I only ended up overeating my total calories by 400 or so, but it wasnt ideal. I hate being a stressful eater. Had a terrible 36 hour shift. I am paying for it so far today.

One day falling off the wagon isn't going to hurt your progress at all - just throw it into the tank, get some good sleep when you can, and keep at it. You've accomplished a lot the past few weeks, mate, keep it in perspective.

Yah it just mentally bothers me for days afterwards. I felt bloated and nasty today at the gym.

Workout:

Ran to gym

Stretch

Romanian BB Deadlift: (raw, thick bar today)

135x12, 155x12, 185x12, 225x12 (tough)

Incline DB Press:

35sx12, 50sx12, 60sx9, 70sx8 (not happy with those last two sets at all)

DB Bent Over Rows: (db in each hand)

30sx12, 45sx12, 60sx12, 70sx12 (bad form on last 3-4 reps on the 70s)

Incline DB Fly's:

25sx12, 35sx12, 45sx12, 55sx8 (had help with the balance on last two by spotter)

1500 jump ropes

Walked home because I had to make some phone calls today on the way home.

Weight: 204.6 (eh) BF%: 13.6 (I think this was faulty today)

Had a pretty damn good workout today (bi, tri, circuit, and jump rope).

Warm up

Stretch

Bi/Tri

Circuits of jump squats (135 lb barbell on back, bicep curl, and tri extenstion) x 3 sets

Circuit of bench jumps with 45 lb plate held against chest, farmers carries around whole gym with 2 45 lb plates, and jump rope.

1600 jump ropes

Nutrition was eh today due to an unexpected 12 hour shift and no time to grocery shop beforehand.

My partner at work wanted to hit the gym so we went over to the fire departments gym while on shift. I just did a few deadlifts and leg presses.

BB Deadlift: (raw, nothing, no belts, chalk, etc)

135x12, 225x11, 315x5

Leg press (light stuff):

280x12, 420x12, 520x12 (all the weight they had)

Workout for today. No dead lifts because i did some yesterday.

Chin/neutral/wide grip supersets: 12 for each excercise with no rest inbetween x 2 sets (assisted, kills my forearms)

Warm up

Stretch

Seated DB Shoulder Press:

35x12, 40x12, 45x12, 55x7, 55x9 (went back for more, had no spotter :/)

Decline Plate Pullovers:

45 lb plate x 16 reps x 4 sets

3 rounds around the gym farmers carry with 45 lb Plates.

1700 jump ropes

Hey Matt! Great job with your journaling! I'm one of the VB&F team members, and we got your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity. We'll be shipping out prize packages beginning mid-month! Great job! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of this online community!

All the best,

Karen

Went back and did some HIIT, plyo, and did some lunges.

10 minutes HIIT on treadmill

Speed rope intervals

Explosive Jump Squats

Broad Jumps

Dumbell Weighted Walking Lunges (first time doing them, weight in each hand):

55's(110)x7 steps, 55's(110)x8 steps (I underestimated how hard these are)

Plate Walking Lunges (45 lb plate held overhead):

45 lb plate x 16 steps x 3 sets

Thanks! I am happy with results thus far. I am kind of unsure about adding more calories though. We will see how it goes. Derek is the boss though.

I feel you. I've been putting off bumping my calories up for a while. Former fat kid syndrome and all. However, sometimes bumping up your calories actually helps you drop fat because you've been, unknowingly, eating less than your TDEE.

I've been putting off bumping my calories up for a while. Former fat kid syndrome and all. However, sometimes bumping up your calories actually helps you drop fat because you've been, unknowingly, eating less than your TDEE.

DO IT !!!!!!!

4,000cals is quite an achievement if you can manage that kind of intake daily. All the best

Had a completely god aweful 24 hour shift yesterday. Got off work 2 hours late, pretty much zero sleep. Have not been able to sleep today because i had to go do orientation for my new job. I feel gross again today. Going to try to take a bunch of green tea and head to the gym and see how that goes. I feel so beaten and unmotivated all of a sudden.

Even with pretty much no sleep for 36 hours I managed to up some things. I think the Vega Sport + Green Tea right before the workout helped a lot though.

Warm-up

Stretch

BB Squats:

135x12, 225x12, 285x12, 335x12 (last 4-5 werent all the way down, ouch)

DB Incline Bench: (accidentally did incline instead of flat, whoops)

35sx15, 50sx12, 60sx12, 70sx9 (one more rep than last time)

BB Bent Over Rows: (wide feet, underhand grip)

95x12, 115x12, 135x12, 175x8 (5 second pause) 175x3 (so 11 total)

DB Shrugs:

55sx12, 70sx12, 85sx12, 95sx12

Incline DB Fly's:

25sx12, 30sx12, 40sx12, 50sx12, 55sx11 (so close on this one but when i got all the way down, it would not budg

Walking Dumbell/Plate Lunges: (still sore from when I did these last time)

45 lb plate held overhead x 16 steps x 3 sets

45 pound dumbells in each hand (90 total) x 16 steps (sucked so much)

1900 jump ropes (exhaustinggggggggggggggggg)

I dont like the direction by body fat has gone. It read 14.9% today, but I guess that could be due to increased stress the last 2-3 days about moving and changing jobs as well as a very busy shift with no sleep.

Wow, I actually got 9 hours of sleep. I felt awesome going into this workout.

Warm up

Stretch

Bi/tri supersets (hammer curl first set 30s (60 total together) x 42 reps)

I really like burning out my arms from the start and struggling for the rest of the workout. They feel more pumped the whole time.

Bi/Tri negatives and holds

2000 jump ropes