Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Misteradam's journal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 am 
Manatee

Haha that's kinda funny & thank you for letting me help you =)

One of the main reasons cyanocobolamine is as common as you will most likely find it to be, is because it is cheap to produce, according to price comparisons, and Prescription For Nutritional Healing. Great book btw, worth more than $30 imo.

Apparently vitamin D is the new fad supplement. It's all the rage and everyone is doing it in large doses lol. Calcium is so last century lol. Vitamin D is popular now because apparently you need it to absorb calcium! Gasp! Who knew! Oh wait... us health freaks did lol. And guess what - ya need more than D! Think Magnesium, vitamin K, and a plethora of trace minerals if nothing else!

Seniors come in my store all the time saying their doctors did a blood test and determined that they were deficient in D, and to take doses as high as 5'000 iu - toxic to anyone that isn't deficient, esp over a long period of time, as it is oil soluble and is therefore stored in the body, unlike vitamin C and B complex. If you do buy a vitamin D, make sure its D2, or ergocalciferol, as the popular D3 is not vegan lol.

Anyways lol, I'm done now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 pm 
Rabbit

I'll stick with sunlight for now, lol. Thanks for sharing all the info, you sound like a pro!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:43 pm 
Manatee

Lol, you're too kind, I'm only just beginning <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm 
Rabbit

Teaching knowledge to others helps reinforce it, sounds like your supplement studies are going very well. I will do my best to keep pestering you about vitamins

TUES JAN 31

meal 1: fruit and veggie smoothie and orange, some almonds
meal 2: burrito w brown rice and beans, avacado and veggies
meal 3: nori rolls with tofu, carrots, cucumber, avacado and cabbage

Forgot what else I munched on throughout the day, probably some more almonds and a banana

started out focused on my lower body for this day, but also did a shoulder dumbell workout, 30lb weights in reps of 5, which is heavy for me to lift with one arm. I can't do lateral raise/butterflies with this much weight yet so do 15lb for those, I CAN do the deltoid knee bent raise with the 30's, though, and curls and shoulder press. It's difficult but manageable.

Started and ended with planks again, did two sets of 20 pushups and 30 situps, 10 squats, then one legged jumping squats which were fun and kicked my ass haha. Got the calves worked out too, they are nice and sore. Also when I am doing curls/forearm/shoulder dumbell reps I remain in a bent leg/squat position as long as I can to get more butt strength.

Today my arms are not sore at all, so I think I'll do more upper body dumbells in a little bit, my legs got a nice workout though. Oh, and I found a few pair of boxing gloves in storage yesterday. Going to snag some mouthpieces at the store and pester someone to spar with me for extra cardio. Might end up with a partner twice my bodyweight, which is even more fun! =D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:54 am 
Gorilla

Hey Mr. Adam! Congratulations on winning the contest the other day! You had a great answer! As one of the VB&F team members, I just wanted to make sure you saw Robert's post following the winner announcement to please send an email to veganmuscle@gmail.com with your t-shirt size. I'm the one who mostly checks that email account, and while I saw the email you sent about the NYNY journal challenge, I didn't see your t-shirt size. :) Please do me a favor and put "NYNY Contest 7 Winner" in the subject line. Thanks so much!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 am 
Rabbit

Hey Kareno, tyvm for the reminder :) I thought I sent that email as well, but will re-send it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:03 am 
Gorilla

Hmm... well, if you did, it must've gotten buried under the crushing ton of other emails I recieved, and I didn't see it. Haha! :)

Thanks!
Karen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:23 am 
Rabbit

I bet there are tons to go through. I sent the email again, mens medium is my size. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:40 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Adam! Just another quick note to say great job with your journaling this past month! I got your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity (as well as the one for the contest prize). We'll be shipping out prize packages beginning mid-month! Great job! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of this online community!

All the best,
Karen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:41 am 
Rabbit

Tyvm Karen, I would like to continue this journal to keep myself on track.

I have not jogged in the past few stays, keeping limber with stretching still and the 30lb dumbells still feel heavy haha. Feels good to be sore.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:16 pm 
Gorilla

NICE! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm 
Manatee

Misteradam? You still there? =)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:22 pm 
Rabbit

I am, but it's not emailing me thread updates for some reason. I made a little excel document to keep track of what I'm doing so I can observe improvement easier.

First week of February I've been basically doing daily pushups,situps,squats and some dumbell exercises.. starting yesterday, though, I am keeping track with my cheat sheet.

TUES FEB 7
PLANK: front 1:20, right side 52 seconds, left side 58 seconds
CRUNCHES: 60
SITUPS: 20
WEIGHTED SQUATS: 20 (30lbs of added iron)
LEG LIFTS: 20
PUSH UPS: 20

I wanted to do 3 sets of these, but ended up just doing 1.. it was 1am or so and I was tired haha. I also did some shoulder presses, curls, forearm warm-ups and butterflies.

meal 1: a smoothie. Had all kinds of good stuff in it.
meal 2: had a banana for a snack, then a big bowl of misc. veggies and rice
meal 3: made some mushroom potato soup, threw half an avacado in it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:38 pm 
Manatee

Woohoo! He is back! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:09 am 
Rabbit

Yar, thanks for the forum jump start. Don't want to lose momentum!

In hindsight, today should haveh been more of a rest day. Still worn out from the past few days, but once I started I kept going for a bit. Chasing toddlers around in a squatting monster pose did my legs in, though lol.

Wednesday Feb 8th!

CRUNCHES 50
WEIGHTED SQUATS 10 (yeah by the time I got to these my thighs were done)
JACKKNIFE SITUPS 20 (with 30lbs of wriggling human flesh clinging to shins)
PUSHUPS 20 10
SHOULDER PRESS 10 5 (30lb dumbbells.. need to downgrade to 20-25lb range for other dumbbell exercises still, will interchangeable weights soon!)
CURLS 8 5
TRICEP THINGS 20
LATERAL RAISE 10
QUICK FISTS 120
FOREARM CURLS 20
meal 1 : smoothie and half an oatmeal cookie
meal 2: burrito
meal 3: veggie pizza w/ daiya mozzerella, which is pretty tasty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next