spices and seasonings for Vegan Food

joelbct

One of the best things for me about becoming Vegan was that I started experimenting with all sorts of spices and ethnic foods I would not have explored otherwise- asian, mexican, indian, etc. I eat organic brown rice every day, with black beans, lentils, vegetables, etc (i love carbs, with no apologies, as long as it's whole grain), and always with spices as well as lots of extra virgin olive oil.

This stuff is my favorite Curry Blend, Frontier Seasonings. Lots of news bits about how turmeric is supposed to be such a great anti-inflammatory too, which is cool because I could eat it every day.

http://www.vitacost.com/Images/Products/200/Frontier/Frontier-Curry-Powder-Certified-Organic-Seasoning-Blend-089836184887.jpg

I think you can get it in bulk too, which I should probably do...

I consider these staples:

Seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, chili powder, paprika, curry powder, cinnamon, nutritional yeast, berbere, black pepper, sea salt

And recently I've been putting gochujang in everything. Not low-cal like the powdered spices, but a little goes a long way.

I consider these staples:

Seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, chili powder, paprika, curry powder, cinnamon, nutritional yeast, berbere, black pepper, sea salt

And recently I've been putting gochujang in everything. Not low-cal like the powdered spices, but a little goes a long way.

Interesting, I'd never heard of gochujang.

As far as fermented asian products, I love Miso myself too, especially red Miso.

• 3 weeks later...