Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Gaia's workout log
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:48 pm 
Elephant

Do you stop getting your period around contest time Gaia?
No fair that u got to run I want to join u

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 pm 
Elephant

I only missed one period during my peak (my prime show that I shoot for originally), but all the others were really easy and light when I had that low bodyfat. It was awesome! As soon as I started to eat after the comps, the periods went right back to what they were before.

I hate to say it, but the other thing that I liked about being at that low bodyfat is that I can go without a bra! I do not have implants, so I get to a nice size A cup (coming from a D cup right now, that sounds like heaven to me - the straps really dig in to my shoulders right now as I run with the two workout bras on).

I opted for a trail walk in the late afternoon, and a HIIT on the elliptical this morning for my rest day. Yoga will be on my choice next time. But if they make me do an eagle pose, I will just do a tree I think. My thighs are not going to go around each other! I don't even think I can. . . let me try a minute. . . well I can cross my legs . . but I have to focus on pushing them together to stay! :lol:

You ever have days where you think you are so big, and the next day you feel scrawny? I guess what I mean is that I feel really fat today, but yet I feel like I have along way to go to get big to be a bodybuilder. I will just hold on to the fact that I lost 2 pounds since the 1st (5 days) and be happy about that small little thing. Hold on to the positive (no matter how small) amongst the many dark negative forces that keep me down!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 pm 
Elephant

Yeah i go back and forth about how i feel about my size. in the middle of posing class amongst a bunch of men (im the only woman) my coach was like "lauren, you know youre gonna lose your boobs right?" haha. fine with me. i dont understand bodybuilders who get implants, mostly because i knew a girl who got implants and she wasnt a bb but she said it hurt to lift her arms up, so how are you supposed to keep lifting if all your shit is torn!? thats insane.

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:41 pm 
Elephant

Awesome Chest and Bicep supersetting workout - so hard to do heavy weights when supersetting! Going to go back to our usual routine of doing one exercise for the bodypart, and then switching to the next bodypart's exercises. Still going to keep Legs with Delts on one day next week for our workout routine. We are now doing one day on, one day off, and on the off day - we are doing cardio. Today's cardio was spinning. Yeah, not a fan. My quads were screaming, and even locked up on me while I attempted to go fast in hover mode! Ouch! Sat down on the seat, just as my shoes came out of the toe clips, and with them still going round and round - I waited for my quads to stop cramping! And this all happen within 10 minutes! I was able to stay on the bike for the whole 45 minutes, but it will be awhile before I even LIKE this cardio. I now know why the girls who do the spinning classes keep asking me how to get their quads bigger - my answer will be to stop doing spinning! I can see how that much work on the quads will tone them down to nothing!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:42 pm 
Elephant

I've been going to the gym and doing whatever I want lately. I still do the three workout sessions - Delts/Legs, Back/Triceps, and Chest/Biceps, with a rest day in between the sessions (one day on/one day off). I have been doing cardio whenever I get bored, in the morning, and on the day off. I have been putting my meals on the LiveStrong.com, and I was doing great except for the day that I started my menses. Oh well, one day blown. I did an extra deficit of carbs the next day, and an extra cardio.
My partner said that I looked big the day after my binge, and I credited it to carb loading. She was also pretending to be mad that I looked so much bigger than her. I told her that if she didn't wimp out lifting the heavy weights so much! LOL! This is going to be interesting how this partnership is going to make it thru dieting. I know that I am bigger than her, but she has a thin waist and will always have nice breasts (no matter how much she diets - implants that look real). She also loses weight easily (already down to 139! from 145) and I will have to fight for every ounce I lose. We both have really good points, and we have been thru dieting and comps before. We are both mature enough to recognize jealousy, and use it to our advantage to inspire us on, not put each other down while trying to put ourselves up on top. It doesn't work that way. You just end up both being down - because the bad days do come more frequently during dieting/comp time, and it isn't fun being alone during those times. Who else can you vent to, and truly understand what you are going thru? Besides, I already have a come back retort that I use when guys say to me that "I don't think I like you being bigger than me" - "oh really, then you better get lifting the heavy weights then! because this girl isn't going to get smaller for nobody!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm 
Elephant

You know what is really awesome? Going into Lululemon and trying on their bras in their fitting rooms! They had the three way mirrors, and I got to see my backside intimately. It is so huge! Even though I tried on their biggest size, it still was so small around my chest and back (there is no adjustment for the width with those workout bras). It inspired me to keep on dieting more!

Found my Vibrams in the sandal box, and started treadmill jogging (5.0 mph) in them again. My achilles tendon hurt at first, but it went away after 10 minutes of jogging or so. My whole calf hurts the day after of course. And I double up on the workout bras - getting such a rash under the bustline from all the friction of the bra moving - ever since I went vegan, my skin has been super sensitive to any rubbing action on it - the layers of skin seem to peel off easily.

Leg day today. Separated Delt/Leg day into two days - leg day and delt day - as we were too fatigue to give the second bodypart any credit to lifting after doing the first bodypart. Legs is such a big bodypart to workout as it is, and Delts respond best with many rep/set - going for the burn - when building them up. Still am at my PBs on the weights for Legs so far. And the new Lying Leg Curl is awesome! My hammies are in such pain when I do little ROM at the top of the execution of the machine. Pulse for 25! Mmmm, such lovely pain!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:53 pm 
Elephant

Hey lady have missed your posts. Sounds like you are doing awesome! Lululemon had only been a recent dream to fit into but I am getting there:)

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12