Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kim's Beast Training
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:03 am 
Rabbit

Today was a back day with some hill sprints on the treadmill. I felt a little weak this morning in the weight room, could be because I did the sprints first since that is part of my marathon training and I feel it is more important to get that in first to make sure I have enough time before work.

WOD:

Wide Grip Overhand Pullups - 3 sets of 10 reps: assisted at 120-110 lb's

(Superset)
Bent Over Barbell Row - 3 sets of 8 reps: 40lb
Seated Cable Rows - 3 sets of 8 reps: 60lb
(End of superset)

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 3 sets of 10 reps: 70lb

One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 3 sets of 8 reps: 30lb dummbbell (pretty excited about that)

Hammer Strength Lat Pull - 3 sets of 10 reps: 70lb

Hyperextensions (Back Extensions) - 3 sets of 8 reps: with 25lb plate to chest

FOOD:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Green Smoothie(cocoa powder, frozen banana, frozen blueberries, chia seeds, spinach almond/coconut milk)
orange
Raw oats with chia seeds, pumpkin, walnut butter, protein scoop, almond milk
mocha coffee

Snack:
orange
lemon water
tea

Lunch:
Salad(lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, nutritional yeast, mushroom, raw pepitas, hemp seeds)
bag of carrots
apple

Snack:
bag of cucumbers
Tea

Dinner:
raw chili (portobello, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, garlic, Braggs liquid aminos, cayenne pepper, ketchup, hot sauce, ACV, cumin, fresh parsely)
water

Snack:
tea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 am 
Rabbit

itsjustrobbieok wrote:
Yay! What goes into a raw chili?

OMG RAW Chili is the bomb!!! so good!!! I got the recipe from HappyHerbivore.com :)

http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/raw-chili/

I like it because I could probably add any vegetable in this and it will taste amazing. I used Bragg's liquid aminos in place of the soy sauce and the Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar as well and Siracha hot sauce. :) It's delicious and I add hemp seeds to it too!!!!!

So freaking good and it doesn't make me feel heavy or gross after eating it like some stuff does at night.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 pm 
Manatee

I need to get some liquid aminos, they seem to be in every recipe I look in these days!

Facebook - Add me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:15 pm 
Manatee

94 Calories? Eek. Not going to fit well in my diet! ;)

Facebook - Add me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 am 
Rabbit

itsjustrobbieok wrote:
94 Calories? Eek. Not going to fit well in my diet! ;)

This is actually the first time I've tried liquid aminos (my grocery store is starting to stock a lot of great vegan things now), usually in the past i've replaced soy sauce for liquid aminos. It's not bad so far.

Yes, it's pretty low on calories, which I like only because that means I can still get in another meal before bed haha. Or I'll have a super large bowl of this, plus I add hemp seeds and other stuff too it for added protein and calories, so those are also options. Or you can add it with other stuff to make it bulkier, I personally can't eat bread or pasta's or anything like that but you could try it, or add tofu or something.

Because honestly...it's so tasty you have to try it :) I'm going to make a big batch of it and add more veggies like broccoli this weekend to see how it goes, and I also used fresh parsley this last time and it was still awesome with a different twist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:37 am 
Rabbit

Chest Day!!! Yay!

WOD:
3 mile run

Wide-Grip Barbell Bench Press - 5 sets of 8 reps(1 warm-up set, 3 reg sets, 1 set of negatives): 60lb

Pushups - 3 sets of 15 reps

Cable Crossover - 3 sets of 10 reps: 30lb

Smith Machine Incline Bench Press - 3 sets of 10 reps: 50lb

Side-to-Side Pushups - 3 sets of 10 reps

(Superset)
Toe Touchers - 3 sets of 20 reps
Crunches - 3 sets of 20 reps (legs straight in the air)
(End of superset)

Knee/Hip Raise On Parallel Bars - 3 sets of 10 reps

Cable Crunch - 3 sets of 10 reps: 90lb

I'm getting there, slowing working up the weight on the bench press.

Food:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Green Smoothie(cocoa powder, frozen banana, frozen blueberries, chia seeds, spinach almond/coconut milk)
Raw oats with chia seeds, 1/2 sweet potato, protein scoop, almond milk
jasmine tea

Snack:
orange
lemon water
tea

Lunch:
Salad(lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, nutritional yeast, mushroom, raw pepitas, hemp seeds)
whole sweet potato
bag of carrots
apple

Snack:
bag of cucumbers
Tea

Dinner:
raw chili (portobello, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, garlic, Braggs liquid aminos, cayenne pepper, ketchup, hot sauce, ACV, cumin, fresh parsely)
water

Snack:
tea-maybe my version of champurrado (milk, water, cocoa powder, agave nectar, cinnamon, masa harina)--delicious snack, very filling
orange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm 
Rabbit

Today I had to fast because of blood work. I plan on doing my workout tonight when I get home, since I have free weights there and I only have a shoulder workout today. Not eating in the morning really throws me off though, not a happy thing.

Shoulder workout:

Military Press - 1 warm-up set, 3 sets of 10 reps : 20lb dumbbell

(Superset)
Upright Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets of 10 reps: 15lb dumbbell
Standing Dumbbell Military Press (shown seated) - 3 sets of 10 reps: 15lb dumbbell
(End of superset)

Incline Bench Front Dumbbell Delt Raises (go light) - 3 sets of 10 reps: 10lb dumbbell

Rear Delt Cable Flyes - 3 sets of 10 reps: 10lb dumbbell

Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 10 reps: 10 lb dumbbell

Rear Delt Raise - 3 sets of 10 reps: 15lb dumbbell

Food:

Breakfast:
Raw oats with chia seeds, banana,almond milk, walnut butter, agave nectar
soy latte

Snack:
sweet potato

Lunch:
Salad(lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, nutritional yeast, mushroom, hemp seeds, sliced raw beets)
bag of carrots
apple

Snack:
bag of cucumbers
orange
Tea

Dinner:
brown rice pasta with butternut squash sauce
water

Snack:
tea
orange

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 am 
Rabbit

Today was supposed to be a leg day, but my legs are so sore from doing a bootcamp Saturday (with a focus on legs) that I didn't think it smart to do my leg routine this morning. So instead, I plan on either doing a kettlebell workout tonight or yoga. Or maybe a little bit of both.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:59 pm 
VBB Moderator

oooh! Thanks for posting the raw chili recipe. I am a sriracha sauce fiend. Besides that nice work on your journal all month. I am helping check them for the prizes and you qualify for the prize package. Congrats! Hey please keep sharing I personally have really enjoyed everyones training logs and the interactions they have developed here on the forum. I have heard and can also just tell from reading others comments that many of the members on the forum feel the same. So I hope you continue with your training journal even though the month is done.

PS maybe I'll meet ya some time. I currently live in NYC and I was at the Boston Veg fest this past October helping out Robert and others at the booths. Did you go to that?

Cheers,

Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 pm 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
oooh! Thanks for posting the raw chili recipe. I am a sriracha sauce fiend. Besides that nice work on your journal all month. I am helping check them for the prizes and you qualify for the prize package. Congrats! Hey please keep sharing I personally have really enjoyed everyones training logs and the interactions they have developed here on the forum. I have heard and can also just tell from reading others comments that many of the members on the forum feel the same. So I hope you continue with your training journal even though the month is done.

PS maybe I'll meet ya some time. I currently live in NYC and I was at the Boston Veg fest this past October helping out Robert and others at the booths. Did you go to that?

Cheers,

Dylan

Yay! This is my first time trying Sriracha and it's delicious! I highly recommend mixing in some hemp seeds because it's so good. I plan on keeping up with my journal, I find it keeps me more honest about what I'm doing. And hopefully it will help me to get to where I want to be. That's funny, I actually was at the Veg Fest this year in Boston and I did stop by the booth but ya'll were pretty busy so I didn't get to say hi to either one of you. And I used to live in NYC so I try and go back to visit friends and family at least once a year, so perhaps we shall meet up. I also miss a lot of the vegan restaurants there, and have you tried Lula's? Best vegan ice cream ever, and I don't even like ice cream, http://www.lulassweetapothecary.com/. I went to the NYC Veg fest a couple of years ago, but it wasn't as well organized as the one in Boston, at least not the year I went. It was in an obscure part of Union Square and there was just a mess of tables here and there.

slàinte,
Kim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:08 pm 
VBB Moderator

yum I will definitely try that place for the vegan ice cream. Any other NYC restaurant suggestions? I'm new here to NY, moved September.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:08 pm 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
yum I will definitely try that place for the vegan ice cream. Any other NYC restaurant suggestions? I'm new here to NY, moved September.

Oh nice, did you move to Manhattan or one of the other boroughs like Brooklyn? Caravan of Dreams is good, they also have raw vegan options which is great. Terri NYC is AWESOME for a sammich. I used to get my lunch there when I worked a few blocks away. I've tried quite a few of their sammiches and they were all delicious, never tried their wraps though. They also make homemade lemonades and cleanses, which are good as well as a vegan yogurt parfait. Blossom is also very good, but a little on the pricey side. Blossom used to have their own chocolate and wine cafe a couple blocks down from their restaurant, but their website doesn't seem to work and it wasn't open when I tried going a few months ago. But if they are still open, they are called Cocoa V and their desserts and wine are magnificent. I've only had dessert and brunch from the Organic Grill, but I believe it was good. I've heard that Candle 79 is good, but I've never been. Also, Babycakes is THE place to go for baked goods. It's GF vegan and it's delicious. It's a small shop and it's awkward when there are tons of people inside, but so worth it. They could set up a cot in the corner and I'd live there (which coincidentally is not far from how living in Manhattan is like for the non-rich ha). One last place, The Republic in Union Square, it's not vegan but they have vegan friendly options, and their Curry Vegetable Noodle soup remains to be my all time favorite soup. I was able to find a place in Boston that makes a similar soup..but it still doesn't light a candle to this place. I suggest you go and you have it, since you like sriracha sauce, this curry soup should be up your alley. It does get busy in there and loud, so if you go don't expect to be able to hold an understandable conversation with anyone, and a lot of their tables are communal.

Hope that helps. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:11 pm 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:

Also, (sorry for rambling, food is my favorite thing) Caravan of Dreams is only a few blocks away from Lula's apothecary, so you can do a nice dinner or lunch, then walk down and get yourself a nice vegan ice cream, with coconut whipped cream on top. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 am 
Rabbit

Shoulder workout today plus a 6 mile run tonight.

Military Press on smith machine - 1 warm-up set, 3 sets of 10 reps : 30lb dumbbell

(Superset)
Upright Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets of 10 reps: 15lb dumbbell
Standing Dumbbell Military Press (shown seated) - 3 sets of 10 reps: 15lb dumbbell
(End of superset)

Incline Bench Front Dumbbell Delt Raises (go light) - 3 sets of 10 reps: 10lb dumbbell

one arm Rear Delt Cable Flyes - 3 sets of 10 reps: 10lb dumbbell

Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 10 reps: 10 lb dumbbell

Rear Delt Raise - 3 sets of 10 reps: 15lb dumbbell

Food:

Breakfast:
Chocolate green smoothie
Raw oats with chia seeds, banana, almond milk, hemp seeds, cinnamon
tea

Snack:
sweet potato

Lunch:
Salad(lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, nutritional yeast, mushroom, hemp seeds, sliced raw beets)
bag of carrots
apple

Snack:
orange
Tea

Dinner:
raw chili
water

Snack:
tea
orange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:57 am 
Rabbit

Back day today. Felt pretty good from my 6 mile run last night, though I ran while being starving. Tuesday's will be my 6 mile run day for the next few months so I think I need to bring a better snack to have at work before I head home, so that I have energy for my run. Today was a back day, plus I did 20 minutes of HIIT training. I am also doing a 10,000 push-up challenge with a friend and his brother. You basically do as many push-ups as you can each day until you reach 10k, yesterday I managed 210 but I started near the end of the day, so I am hoping to at least hit 300 today. As of now, I've done 60. As weird as this sounds, since I drink a lot of water and tea throughout the day, I do push-ups every time I go to the bathroom. This way I get a bunch in, and no one see's me at work, haha.
WOD:

Wide Grip Overhand Pullups - 3 sets of 10 reps: assisted at 110 lb's

(Superset)
Bent Over Barbell Row - 3 sets of 8 reps: 50lb
Seated Cable Rows - 3 sets of 8 reps: 60lb
(End of superset)

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 3 sets of 10 reps: 70lb

One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 3 sets of 8 reps: 30lb dummbbell (pretty excited about that)

Hammer Strength Lat Pull - 3 sets of 10 reps: 70lb

Hyperextensions (Back Extensions) - 3 sets of 8 reps: with 25lb plate to chest

FOOD:

Breakfast:
banana and protein shake
tea w/ almond milk

Snack:
sweet potato
tea w/almond milk

Lunch:
bag of carrots
apple

Snack:
orange
bag of raw almonds and cashews (1/4 cup each)
Tea

Dinner:
raw chili (portobello, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, garlic, Braggs liquid aminos, cayenne pepper, ketchup, sriracha sauce, ACV, cumin, fresh parsely, hemp seeds and more sriracha sauce)
water

Snack:
tea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next