Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Curious
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:51 am 
Rabbit

Cown, you looked fantastic in the first place. Hubba hubba.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:55 pm 
Manatee

Tarzan wrote:
Cown, you looked fantastic in the first place. Hubba hubba.

Lmao Why thank you, Tarzan. :oops:
My body was, and still is, adequate. I'm just not content to put up with adequate anymore. I want jaw-dropping awesome haha but strong awesome. I'd rather stick with my old body than be a skinny stick with no muscle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 am 
Rabbit

Most people are driven by the fact they look like shit if they don't go to the gym and eat right, you look great regardless. You must have some serious motivation!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 pm 
Manatee

Tarzan wrote:
Most people are driven by the fact they look like shit if they don't go to the gym and eat right, you look great regardless. You must have some serious motivation!

Just high standards, I guess! lol But thank you :)

--

How sad is it that 2 muffins are basically my normal daily caloric intake? Sad and delicious...Luckily, I'm due for a cheat day. It was supposed to be yesterday, but I ate my normal healthy stuff...
I also made pie yesterday! :) It's a strange recipe...it has chocolate, peanut butter, and silken tofu. I havent had a peice yet, but when tasting the filling yesterday, it's quite promising...I'm a little excited, not gunna lie lol Food brings out my inner fat kid :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:11 pm 
Manatee

I started a fat burner today...I've never been on one before, not sure really what to expect. I only had one dose today since I started it at lunch, but I'm still totally hyped up from it...I feel like I've been taking energy drinks all day! This is just one capsule, and one dose...after a week I'm supposed to be at 4 capsules a day! I'm going to be bouncing off the walls!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:31 pm 
Manatee

This fat burner is amazing! Not only do I barely even want food (I have to actually force myself to go eat) but the increased energy that it causes is making me more friendly, outgoing, confident, and just overall happier. As a result of that, I already feel better about what I see when I look in the mirror. I'm LOVING this!
The only thing I have to really keep in check is that my body keeps trying to tell me that because I'm on this, I can eat whatever I like, but I know that's not the case. I know I have to keep up my clean diet in order for this to really have the desired effect...but my body won't listen! It's saying to indulge all the cravings it's been having.

I'm only at 790 calories for the day so far...I need to go have something else to eat, and my body is saying cereal because it's delicious, but I suppose I should be good and make a protein shake...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:31 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Sam! Great job with your journaling! I'm one of the VB&F team members, and we got your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity. We'll be shipping out prize packages beginning mid-month! Great job! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of this online community!

How is the vegan aspect going for you? Have you been able to stick to a vegan diet? Do you think you'll eat vegan moving forward? Just curious. :)

All the best,
Karen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Careful with those fat burners! Sounds like they're hyping you up (and likely stressing your adrenals), make sure your diet stays on course while you're taking them and keep up your fluid intake.

WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwilifter?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:56 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Careful with those fat burners! Sounds like they're hyping you up (and likely stressing your adrenals), make sure your diet stays on course while you're taking them and keep up your fluid intake.

I'm keeping myself very aware of the effects it's having..finally my habit of over-analyzing myself is useful! I'm definitely drinking a lot, and I don't have to force it anymore like I was, I actually want water all now. I really want to be able to see results from using this fat burner, so despite my body saying it's ok to indulge cravings, I'm sticking with the diet I've been doing this last month.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:59 pm 
Manatee

kareno wrote:
Hey Sam! Great job with your journaling! I'm one of the VB&F team members, and we got your email request to have your journal reviewed for eligiblity. We'll be shipping out prize packages beginning mid-month! Great job! Hope you'll stick around the forum and continue to post and be a valuable member of this online community!

How is the vegan aspect going for you? Have you been able to stick to a vegan diet? Do you think you'll eat vegan moving forward? Just curious. :)

All the best,
Karen

I'm not 100% vegan yet...I think it's going to be a very slow process. It took me a long time to get away from using processed soy stuff all the time to making healthy meals, too. I hate cooking, so I always do what's easiest. My main problem is going to be finding a replacement for my egg whites. They're such a simple, quick protein meal and really low in calories...That's not an easy thing to replace.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 pm 
Manatee

Very proud of myself...my parents came for a visit today and when they got here they had timbits. I didn't have a single one! It was really close though...and now I REALLY want snackish stuff. I'm getting into a bad habit of using peanut butter when I want to snack. Granted, I could use more healthy fats, but too many calories! Especially when I have it on toast...
My mom also got on my case about my new eating habits. I tell her I eat a small variety of things and what she hears is that I'm not eating enough. She thinks I have to eat more in order to eat well. She also nagged me when I said I'm trying to drop fat, because she hears that I'm trying to lose weight. UGH. She doesn't understand anything of what I'm trying to do, and I knew she wouldn't. My dad doesn't either, but at least he lets me do what I'm gunna do without lecturing me about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 pm 
Manatee

Whoever said mondays suck was lying! Stepped on the scale around mid-day, and I'm up to 66% muscle, UNDER 14% fat! and, less importantly, under 55kg :D Needless to say, I was standing on the scale cheering. The dogs thought I was losing it lol

I also had a good time at the gym this afternoon...literally went to failure on bench press. I couldn't get the last rep up, and without a spotter I had to dump the weights. I should have been embarrassed that it happened...but I really wasn't. Ever since I started working out I've had a vein in my left shoulder that pops out, but I've never been able to get the right one to do the same until now :) It's slowly becoming visible.
Is it weird that, as a woman, I want to see that kind of thing?

My legs are starting to look a little more jello-like than I'd prefer from lack of use...I did deadlifts today, and my groin didn't appreciate it. I have wrist straps to use for deadlifts now, but I'm really not sure how to use them properly...anyone have any tips?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:38 pm 
Rabbit

GO YOU! Whatever you are doing right now, stick to it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 pm 
Manatee

Very excited about my cheat meal tomorrow! Pad thai...mmm....
I didn't hit the gym today (thank god I hadn't planned on it, I felt shitty and weak [light headed n all] all day) and I probably won't go tomorrow, either. I'll be back at it thursday. I'm determined. Even if work gets chaotic and I don't get the time at lunch, I HAVE to go afterwards. I'm loving my body too much now lol I just want more of what I've got!
A personal trainer at one of the gyms I go to is even taking notice of my physique haha and mentioning it to my boss! Flattering, but quite awkward!

Anyone know if ibuprofen can be taken while you're on a fat burner? My groin is begging for ibuprofen, but I've been avoiding taking it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 pm 
Manatee

Strange how quickly things can change without you noticing, isn't it?
In less than 2 months I've gone from desperately fighting against cravings for bad food (sometimes losing the fight) to not really liking the bad food anymore...
I had my cheat meal today, pad thai with a blizzard afterwards. While both were incredibly delicious at the time (the blizzard was brownie batter...I can't even explain the deliciousness), I don't feel good now. I don't feel ill or anything, but I just don't feel good.
Usually I get 2L of water every day and I'm good (more on workout days) but right now it's like my body is telling me that I need more water in order to flush out the crap I ingested earlier today.
I'm not really sure when this change happened...but I kinda like it. This could make my life a whole lot easier.

Has anyone else noticed anything like that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next