Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jessica M. Day one Starts January 2nd
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:37 am 
Rabbit

Yesterday was my day off- made my own pasta- for the first time- whole wheat and spelt flour. It was good.
Ate well yesterday except I think I ate one too many ravioli's.

Tonight is training night. Not sure what I'm doing yet because the drill sergeant will be there. Will post more tomorrow.

1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 pm 
Gorilla

Whoa, you made your own pasta?? Yummm! Do tell!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:44 am 
Rabbit

http://www.petitekitchenesse.com/2011/1 ... i-ravioli/

Check it out- it's all vegan (she's not vegan but makes things vegan sometimes). Mine didn't turn out as pretty- it was my first time making it but I think the trick is to roll out the dough extremely thin.

Anyway, workout yesterday was soooo lazy. I told my drill sergeant I didn't want to work out and he made me do it anyway (ok, I gave in).
10 minutes on the elliptical
20 minutes on the treadmill at 5.0
4 different arm exercises
squats
75 sit ups
I really need to add in more tummy stuff because it isn't making me sore anymore. More situps won't work.
It's FRIDAY!!!! Can't wait for the end of the day. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:24 pm 
Gorilla

Thanks for sharing! Looksey turn out t like a lot of work... How did they turn out taste-wise?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:42 pm 
Rabbit

It looks more complicated than it actually is. It was basically just putting the sweet potatoes and peppers in the oven and let it soften. Meanwhile mix up the ingredients for the dough- roll it out then when the sweet potatoes and peppers are soft, peel them and mush.

It tasted amazing but it was too thick- I need a better rolling pin and tons of flour so it doesn't stick to the counter. I think super thin is the key :).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 pm 
Gorilla

Cool, thanks! I just realized that my previous post turned out all garbled! Haha! Oops! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 am 
Rabbit

I'm seriously tired this morning. I stayed up reading a book I couldn't put down till 1am and up at 7. Worked out this weekend and it was the first time in a while that I've been sore so it was good!!
I started doing pushups- drill sergeant was relentless telling me that I have to do 50 even though I couldn't even do 1. So they were short pumps in the air followed by gasping and falling to the mat. But by 50, I actually think I did a full push up. I'll get better.
No weight loss :( not sure what I'm doing really wrong. I'm being extremely disciplined (except this weekend)- 1200-1300 calories at the most every day (unless it's a workout day and then I eat a couple hundred more).
This is the kind of thing that discourages me from continuing. If I'm not going to lose weight, why try? I sound like a total whiner but it's seriously discouraging to be doing so much work for NOTHING. I've been doing this since January 1st and I'm still at the exact same weight. :( What am I doing wrong? Maybe I need to just go completely raw vegan (which really is unrealistic because I won't stick to it). I'm going to make some changes this week and I hope to see results. This weekend kind of ruined everything because I just let it all go.
This journey is a tough one but I have to keep trying.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:55 pm 
Gorilla

Hey girl, I hear ya. I've worked harder than I've ever worked the past month, and my scale hasn't budged either. But, I am noticing some subtle changes in my clothes, and several friends have made comments that I'm looking better. So, maybe the scale isn't the end-all-be-all that we often think it is. They didn't build the pyramids in a day (or a month), so be patient and kind with yourself and by all means, keep at it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for the encouragement- I do have to admit that my clothes are a little looser, darn that evil scale!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:07 pm 
Rabbit

Last night I skipped the weights and just did the running. I couldn't stand being in the gym again. What is it about the gym that drives you insane after a while? Drill Sergeant wasn't happy about me not doing the weights but I tried to just let it roll off my back. Sometimes he thinks that he's helping me but his comments about "when I do something, I do it to get results" just make me feel like a failure instead of motivating me. But that's my fault. He's not calling me a failure, I'm looking at myself negatively.

So, instead I ran outside for 32 minutes, it was so amazing to be able to run outside. Granted, I run slower outside but I still ran.
My eating has been awful since last Friday. The super bowl killed me with the cake and ice cream and then yesterday my co-workers took me out for lunch and I had a veggie burger and fries and chocolate sundae.
Today I ate Kashi cereal with almond milk. Lunch - I ordered brown rice and veggie/tofu thai curry but I got white rice instead.
I don't want to fall back into bad habits so I'm squashing it now. Back to healthy.
Tonight is no workout but I think I might do the Wii or something just to keep moving.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:29 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Jessica,

I know you're very frustrated - I can hear it in the tone of your "voice" - but, try to stay encouraged. The longer you stay down, the harder it will be to get back up, but it sounds like you made good choices today! Yay! It's like the scripture you quoted in your signature: you need to "beat your body and make it a slave" and know that it will respond in time. :)

Keep at it, girl! We all slip backwards sometimes, so just allow yourself to keep moving forward from wherever you are standing today!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Karen- working through it!

Tonight is workout night- 30 minutes of cardio and then some weight training, not sure what I'm doing yet but I know I'm probably doing squats, arms and tummy (and pushups, I'm sure).

Had oatmeal with some blackstrap molasses for breakfast and falafel sandwich (not the best choice) for lunch. Dinner I'm looking forward to a great big salad but right now I have a headache, I feel nauseous and extremely tired.
Just want to take a nap.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:17 pm 
Rabbit

Today is my day off! woot woot! felt kind of gross this morning so didn't feel like eating. had bean burrito for lunch. Dinner- not sure yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:05 am 
Rabbit

Well, I figured out why I was so tired and now adjusting myself accordingly. I went for a walk on Saturday- 2 miles in the fresh air- it was really nice.
I have been eating alot of carbs so need to adjust my eating too-
Will be going to the gym tonight and run/walking and weight lifting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm 
Gorilla

Hey there, Jessica! Hope you're feeling better this week! I always end up eating lots and lots of carbs, too, so I'll be curious to see how you cut back on that. :) Happy Monday!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next