Jessica M. Day one Starts January 2nd

That's interesting, thanks. Will have to look into that. I had been taking some echinacea cough drops but I know that it isn't worth it if you take it late in the game.

This weekend- Sunday-

squats, arms, situps

ran for 30 minutes (drill sergeant wouldn't let me even do the elliptical ahh!).

Still tired and drained but feeling much better. Stuffy and congested but not as bad.

Yesterday was my day off. I just went home and laid in bed the whole evening. It's either this cold or I'm feeling a bit depressed because I literally just feel like sleeping all the time. Maybe I need to start taking the prenatal vitamins again to make sure that I'm getting enough vit. That is what I will do-

Tonight, back in the gym- going to focus on legs and abs and run 30 minutes. Maybe warm up with 5-10 minutes on the elliptical.

I'm reading everyone's fitness journals and realizing that they are training sometimes 2 hours. Am I not doing enough? I need to lose 20 lbs (or become a size 4 whichever comes first). My workouts are usually 1 hour maybe 1:15. I will do the extra 10 minutes of the elliptical and do the 30 minutes of running but maybe that's not enough to meet my goal by June .

Hey Jessica! I responded to your question about calories and the myfitnesspal app over on my journal.

But, I honestly don't think you need to spend 2 hours in the gym. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm sure as long as you're being productive in the hour that you're putting in at the gym, you ARE making a difference! But it seems to me like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself in terms of specific numbers. I could sense your frustration in your last post, and felt it too! If you are being consistent and productive, you're doing great!! Maybe you need to be p-a-t-i-e-n-t! Trust me, I know it's not easy. I've needed to lose weight for a long time, and haven't been on a scale in a couple weeks and am scared to get on it again and not see a drop. But, I'm trying to focus less on specific pounds and dates and just to readjust my focus to being healthy.

I wish you the very best!!!

Thanks Karen- I read your other post too and commented there

So last night I went to the gym minus my drill sergeant and did 10 minutes elliptical and then 30 minutes running at 5-5.5. It felt really good and I did allow myself a few minutes walking time.

I did leg lifts for abdominals and then the abdominal machine which doesn't seem to work very well. I also focused on arms last night.

Got on the scale and I'm back down to 143 from 145 two weeks ago! Finally it's going down. Not weighing myself again till the 10th so I can see if I go down to 139- if not it's ok. I would love to lose 3 lbs by my birthday but I need to just relax and let it happen. Goals are great but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

Here's to the next 10 days!

Yesterday was my day off- made my own pasta- for the first time- whole wheat and spelt flour. It was good.

Ate well yesterday except I think I ate one too many ravioli's.

Tonight is training night. Not sure what I'm doing yet because the drill sergeant will be there. Will post more tomorrow.

http://www.petitekitchenesse.com/2011/12/03/vegan-sweet-potato-coconut-milk-roasted-chili-ravioli/

Check it out- it's all vegan (she's not vegan but makes things vegan sometimes). Mine didn't turn out as pretty- it was my first time making it but I think the trick is to roll out the dough extremely thin.

Anyway, workout yesterday was soooo lazy. I told my drill sergeant I didn't want to work out and he made me do it anyway (ok, I gave in).

10 minutes on the elliptical

20 minutes on the treadmill at 5.0

4 different arm exercises

squats

75 sit ups

I really need to add in more tummy stuff because it isn't making me sore anymore. More situps won't work.

It's FRIDAY!!!! Can't wait for the end of the day.

It looks more complicated than it actually is. It was basically just putting the sweet potatoes and peppers in the oven and let it soften. Meanwhile mix up the ingredients for the dough- roll it out then when the sweet potatoes and peppers are soft, peel them and mush.

It tasted amazing but it was too thick- I need a better rolling pin and tons of flour so it doesn't stick to the counter. I think super thin is the key .

I'm seriously tired this morning. I stayed up reading a book I couldn't put down till 1am and up at 7. Worked out this weekend and it was the first time in a while that I've been sore so it was good!!

I started doing pushups- drill sergeant was relentless telling me that I have to do 50 even though I couldn't even do 1. So they were short pumps in the air followed by gasping and falling to the mat. But by 50, I actually think I did a full push up. I'll get better.

No weight loss not sure what I'm doing really wrong. I'm being extremely disciplined (except this weekend)- 1200-1300 calories at the most every day (unless it's a workout day and then I eat a couple hundred more).

This is the kind of thing that discourages me from continuing. If I'm not going to lose weight, why try? I sound like a total whiner but it's seriously discouraging to be doing so much work for NOTHING. I've been doing this since January 1st and I'm still at the exact same weight. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I need to just go completely raw vegan (which really is unrealistic because I won't stick to it). I'm going to make some changes this week and I hope to see results. This weekend kind of ruined everything because I just let it all go.

This journey is a tough one but I have to keep trying.

Hey girl, I hear ya. I've worked harder than I've ever worked the past month, and my scale hasn't budged either. But, I am noticing some subtle changes in my clothes, and several friends have made comments that I'm looking better. So, maybe the scale isn't the end-all-be-all that we often think it is. They didn't build the pyramids in a day (or a month), so be patient and kind with yourself and by all means, keep at it!

Last night I skipped the weights and just did the running. I couldn't stand being in the gym again. What is it about the gym that drives you insane after a while? Drill Sergeant wasn't happy about me not doing the weights but I tried to just let it roll off my back. Sometimes he thinks that he's helping me but his comments about "when I do something, I do it to get results" just make me feel like a failure instead of motivating me. But that's my fault. He's not calling me a failure, I'm looking at myself negatively.

So, instead I ran outside for 32 minutes, it was so amazing to be able to run outside. Granted, I run slower outside but I still ran.

My eating has been awful since last Friday. The super bowl killed me with the cake and ice cream and then yesterday my co-workers took me out for lunch and I had a veggie burger and fries and chocolate sundae.

Today I ate Kashi cereal with almond milk. Lunch - I ordered brown rice and veggie/tofu thai curry but I got white rice instead.

I don't want to fall back into bad habits so I'm squashing it now. Back to healthy.

Tonight is no workout but I think I might do the Wii or something just to keep moving.

Hey Jessica,

I know you're very frustrated - I can hear it in the tone of your "voice" - but, try to stay encouraged. The longer you stay down, the harder it will be to get back up, but it sounds like you made good choices today! Yay! It's like the scripture you quoted in your signature: you need to "beat your body and make it a slave" and know that it will respond in time.

Keep at it, girl! We all slip backwards sometimes, so just allow yourself to keep moving forward from wherever you are standing today!

Thanks Karen- working through it!

Tonight is workout night- 30 minutes of cardio and then some weight training, not sure what I'm doing yet but I know I'm probably doing squats, arms and tummy (and pushups, I'm sure).

Had oatmeal with some blackstrap molasses for breakfast and falafel sandwich (not the best choice) for lunch. Dinner I'm looking forward to a great big salad but right now I have a headache, I feel nauseous and extremely tired.

Just want to take a nap.

Well, I figured out why I was so tired and now adjusting myself accordingly. I went for a walk on Saturday- 2 miles in the fresh air- it was really nice.

I have been eating alot of carbs so need to adjust my eating too-

Will be going to the gym tonight and run/walking and weight lifting.

Since nobody actually knows me on this site, I can tell you- I'm two months pregnant!! So that's why I have been completely exhausted and super hungry scarfing down carbs.

Any advice out there for someone who is trying to be careful while still being healthy? I'm now 35 and considered a more high risk pregnancy. I literally can't stop eating and it's not cravings, it deep in the pit starving.

Any help is much appreciated because I haven't been to the gym since Friday (I did walk 2 miles on Saturday). I don't want to get all mushy, I just want to protect my baby.

Thanks

Oh wow, congratulations, Jessica!! That's fantastic news! (Or is it?) Seriously, congratulations, and I'm happy that gives you some answers as to how you've been feeling lately! Check out www.veganmuscleandfitness.com - the website/blog of Marcella and Derek, two amazing bodybuilders. Marcella is getting ready to have a baby right now, and I think she's posted some great information along her pregnancy journey. Good luck!