inc bb french press 3 x 10

Fri- Legs/Abs

Front squat 3 x 5

Bulgarian split squat w/ dbs 3 x 10

Leg curls 3 x 10

Single leg calf raise /w dip belt 3 x 10

Hanging leg raises 3 x 10

Renegade row 3 x 5

I want to further bulk. Just need a solid routine, but i consider myself still as an intermediate so I seek for any advice from more advanced ppl. Thank you! Sory for my english

You need to be basing each work out round military, dead lift, bench & squats. Don't get lost in to much assistance moves. There has to be a point for the assistance, don't just do it for the sake of filling an hour. Keep it heavy on the main lifts & volume for assistance (weighted where possible)

Your also doing way to much for a bulking period.

• 3 weeks later...

By focusing on squats, mpress , dead lift, bpress, do you mean do those at the beginning of the work out or put them in the middle once warmed up? Also what's the harm in continuing to do excercizes for a muscle group once it is fatigued because I tend to push past my limits and do like 8 to 10 excercizes for each muscle group even after the first few excercizes work me really good.

By focusing on squats, mpress , dead lift, bpress, do you mean do those at the beginning of the work out or put them in the middle once warmed up? Also what's the harm in continuing to do excercizes for a muscle group once it is fatigued because I tend to push past my limits and do like 8 to 10 excercizes for each muscle group even after the first few excercizes work me really good.

Your workout should begin with something to raise your core temperature & get the blood round the body, I usually have a brisk 20min walk (up hill) to the gym then jump right on the treadmill & hit intermitante sprints...

You always always always start the session with the big lift for that day eg military ect the Only exception I personally use is lower body day (squat/deadlift) where I'll do 3 sets of glute ham raises, I'll also finish the session with these. Back to warming up, once the heart rate is up I generally use 40% 50% 60% of my first lift that day , after each set before my working sets I'll use bands to stretch (never stretch a cold muscle this is a pull waiting to happen) & I'll also use foam rolls on lower body days. You always do you big lift first! When I bench or military press I do chins between every set.

What do you mean by 8-10 excersies per muscle? I can't get my head a round this? Do not be the guy who does a million biceps curls with various isolation. What's wrong in really hammering a muscle is that come the next time to work that area it's hasn't fully healed since the last time you nailed it, so

How can you recovery/get stronger & grow? You are only progressing while you give the body ample rest/nutrition.

I can tell you now from doing endless shoulder movements as an example: front plate raise, side raise,

Bent over db raise, db press, front row, cable side raise (I would actually hit all of that one shoulder day) will do you no good. It's over training.

Think about when you bench, the front delt gets hit, dips that's also shoulders again. Chins, this hits the shoulders as a secondary muscle also. It's about training smart. For me it's Monday upper body, Tuesday lower body, Wednesday off, Thursday upper body & Friday lower body

In a nut shell the big lifts are multi jointed movements, they recruit a lot more muscle than isolation moves/machines. Compounds also use stabilizing muscles (the core) in the moves, no machine or isolation will work you in this way. These will make you stronger, bigger, thicker. You get good on these you get good on everything.

Doing pissy side/front raises with a 20lb dumbbell isn't going to give you great looking/strong shoulders. Being able to military press correctly, with a decent weight to challenge you will. Coupled with the correct assistance. The biggest mistake people make is thinking they need to something for everything, a compound with 2-3 assistance moves (keeping the assistance in 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps) is plenty.

Few tips, watch anything on YouTube by Mark Rippetoe eg Rippetoe deadlift ect Do not replace flat barbell press with dumbbell pressing. Avoid smith machines at all times. Always have planned before what your there to do. If in doubt......SQUAT!

example: Main lift: Dead lift, assistance-GHR & front squats

Main lift: Bench press, Assistance-dumbbell incline press & weighted dips

+1 everything veggiesasquatch said.

Your core compound exercises should be squats, deadlifts, bench press, and overhead press, no question.

I always think of the secondary exercises as good mornings, pull-ups, rows, dips, front squats, lunges, reverse hypers, incline presses, etc. Still compound movements hitting almost as many as the core exercises.

After that you add the isolation movements like curls, triceps extensions, delt raises, etc. Their benefit is minimal unless you're doing some very targeted bodybuilding, so pick ones that make sense to supplement your compound exercises.

As to the order, I've always progressed from larger to smaller muscles, with preference given to finesse/form movements. For example, if you're doing overheads and inclines on the same day, start with the overheads. You don't want your arms to give out while you're holding the bar over your skull. You also want to do the most intense exercises with the best form, so you don't want to weaken assistance or stabilizing muscles right away. Some folks say power movements should come before pure strength (e.g. power cleans before deadlifts) so that you don't wear out your explosive strength. I just try to avoid putting power exercises with strength exercises on the same day for the same muscle group.

Nothing personal, I just have been an over trainer & wanted to gain weight. I wish I had what knowledge I have now, then. Guess that's the fun of it all.

So if someone's asking advice as to bulk/go about it i'll give it because I have done it.

A book was written in the 1930's or sometime in that era, the name escapes me now but it outlines things like: big multi jointed movements for maximum muscle growth/strength. Balanced diet of higher amounts of proteins, plenty of fresh veggies ect. Rest being key. It

Even touches on isolation & how they should be used to assist big lifts, not to base training off them. Movements like chest flys won't really help someone on a bulk/mass gain.

A bodybuilder however obviously would use these as assistance.

Not trying to make my own version up how to get big. This shit has never nor won't change.

To point out I personally wouldn't have a session dedicated to only pushing & pulling. That's why I do chins on bench/military day. Deads I hit front squats ect

I suffer bad sciatic, so I won't say "hell I'll still deadlift & I'll deal With the bad back tomorrow". I personally prefer prevention/a remedy. So, personally I wouldn't give out advice to over train then deal with it after.

This is what I see in my crystal ball I suppose......

Push/pull/ Leg day is pretty standard fare. There is at least one compound exercise per session which is important. Assistance exercises don't really matter as long as he can stick to that and still make progress, I think he should be able to. Just go as heavy as possible with the compound exercises. Also, i didn't want to be a dick, but everyone knows Monday is international bench press day.

Push/pull/ Leg day is pretty standard fare. There is at least one compound exercise per session which is important. Assistance exercises don't really matter as long as he can stick to that and still make progress, I think he should be able to. Just go as heavy as possible with the compound exercises. Also, i didn't want to be a dick, but everyone knows Monday is international bench press day.

That's why I military press on a Monday

I know push/pull is standard I was aiming more for a balance eg if I push I pull as well...& vice versa