Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 978
Location: Idyllwild, CA

_________________
Live cautiously to make it safely to death


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:19 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 2023
Location: Lee's Summit,MO
What lovely owls!

_________________
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 2357
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
That one getting petted is super badass. If only they weren't too wild to keep as common pets. They are also not very vegan haha.

_________________
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:13 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 1074
Location: in the Vortex
Hooty-hoooo! Thanks for posting.

There's some hilarious owls in here, too, at 3:43 http://www.wimp.com/animalvoiceovers/

Baby Herc

_________________
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 155
Location: Faux Food Fighter
It should be against the law to own owls & other birds of prey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:48 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 155
Location: Faux Food Fighter
Baby Hercules wrote:
Hooty-hoooo! Thanks for posting.

There's some hilarious owls in here, too, at 3:43 http://www.wimp.com/animalvoiceovers/

Baby Herc


Owls are not dogs.
They are not a source for human entertainment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 155
Location: Faux Food Fighter
Fallen_Horse wrote:
That one getting petted is super badass. If only they weren't too wild to keep as common pets. They are also not very vegan haha.

The United States does not allow private individuals to keep native owls as pets-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 1074
Location: in the Vortex
KarakD. wrote:
They are not a source for human entertainment


I disagree wholeheartedly: every time this human gets to see an owl while she's hiking, she's entertained. :heart:

Baby Herc

_________________
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:49 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 2357
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
KarakD. wrote:
Fallen_Horse wrote:
That one getting petted is super badass. If only they weren't too wild to keep as common pets. They are also not very vegan haha.

The United States does not allow private individuals to keep native owls as pets-


Exactly, because they are too wild.

_________________
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 2023
Location: Lee's Summit,MO
I would love to build a old fashioned barn and hope for barn owls. . They are so beautiful in sight and sound. Not to mention rodent control!

_________________
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 pm 
Offline
Manatee

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 am
Posts: 442
I hike in a canyon and one year we saw a downed owl..so sad...had it not been a wild bird of prey we would have 'rescued", but instinct said, "no". kind of like trying to pet a bear in Yosemite.

A big bonus...even for living in the burbs, I have some big trees in my hood, and on most nights,,,year round ( I live in "America's Finest City" as Cellar Yeti will testify...we are both in San Diego and its called that), I hear owls hoot almost nightly..and have for the almost 20 years I have lived on this street ( I moved off it from 2005 to 2010) and I have a huge backyard filled with owl pellets (yek) and (dog poop). On really still , clear nights, you can see the owl (s) in the tall pine trees. way wicked cool.

Lots of out doorsy's here...thanks for sharing Cellar Yeti.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 1074
Location: in the Vortex
Right now is the Sexy Season for many owls. That is to say, there's owl nookie goin' on in them thar woods. They begin with mating calls that go on for nights on end.

Male Owl: "Hoot-hoo!" (Translation: You are one hot tamale. Are you free this year?)
Female Owl: "Hoot-hoo-hoo!" (Translation: That depends. How many rodents did you catch yesterday?)
Male Owl: "Hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot!" (Translation: Four)
Female Owl: "Hoooooooo!" (Translation: My tree or yours?)

Baby Herc

_________________
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 am
Posts: 242
Baby Hercules wrote:
Right now is the Sexy Season for many owls. That is to say, there's owl nookie goin' on in them thar woods. They begin with mating calls that go on for nights on end.

Male Owl: "Hoot-hoo!" (Translation: You are one hot tamale. Are you free this year?)
Female Owl: "Hoot-hoo-hoo!" (Translation: That depends. How many rodents did you catch yesterday?)
Male Owl: "Hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot!" (Translation: Four)
Female Owl: "Hoooooooo!" (Translation: My tree or yours?)

Baby Herc



:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 978
Location: Idyllwild, CA
Baby Hercules wrote:
Hooty-hoooo! Thanks for posting.

There's some hilarious owls in here, too, at 3:43 http://www.wimp.com/animalvoiceovers/

Baby Herc


Haha. I love that video. Man, animals rule.

_________________
Live cautiously to make it safely to death


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lovely Owl.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 1074
Location: in the Vortex
Cellar Yeti wrote:
Man, animals rule.

You are a true animal lover, Yeti. I appreciate all your posts to that nature.

Baby Herc

_________________
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group