Fit Before 40 , We Can Rebuild Him.....2012 Log..

Got myself weighed this morning and walked my ass to the gym at 4:00 am before i had to go to work..I like doing these really early workout cause i ain't really worn down from working all day, so i think i actually get a better workout this way.Main reason I don't like overtime at work is it screws this up because the gym doesn't open until 5:00 am and when i have to work at 6:00, sorry Jesse you just have to workout after being on your feet for 9 hours..ugh.. anyways enough whining onto the workout stats

Back

• Assisted Chin Ups - 195x12,165x8,150x6,150x5
  • Lat Pulldown - 60x12,105x7,105x7,75x10
  • T-Rows - 50x8, 50x9,50x8
  • Roman Chair - 15,12,12
  • Back Extension - 50x30,110x25,135x20

after that I did about 8 minutes of Interval training on the elliptical than I took off and went to work..so Walked a total of 4 miles or so and lifted weights all before i started work...I like IT!!

foodwise I haven't really been paying attention, I will be getting on writing it down and all but i figure as long as I try my best to eat clean and get my cals in it really doesn't matter, at least for now.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422876_10150604562708970_514773969_9451537_1923721002_n.jpg

Shoulder and Triceps

Like the other days this week got walked to the gym did my workout and walked to work.Might do legs tomorrow after work though.I am starting to get the sniffles a bit, Haven't really been 100% since i got sick and it has gotten a little colder (more normal for this time of year) anyways we will see, I might even wait til Saturday and work my Legs.

• Barbell Overhead Press 45x15,65x10,65x8,65x5
  • Front DB Raise 3x10x10
  • Side DB Raise 10x10, 10x8, 10x7
  • Assisted Dip Machine 180x10,165x8,165x8
  • Machine Tricep Extension 60x15,80x7,70x9,50x12

going really light on the raises since they are really just filler and i am going heavy on the presses, Dip Machine was interesting the spotted weight is similar to what i do on the Assisted Chin Up.hoping to get the weight closer to zero so i am lifting my bodyweight, i will get there soon enough though .I was only taking 60-90 second break between sets cause i was runnng a little later than usual and only had about 30-35 minutes to train today.another couple months I might give

stronglifts or Rippletoe a try again but since both use Squats as the main exercise I am going to use a very conservative approach to this..went to walgreens to get some drugs for my sinus today and on my way back, I ran for like 30 seconds and didn't feel any discomfort or any limping.I do feel that my Achilles is still tight a little, doctor did say left Achilles would only be 80% of what it was before strength wise, I wonder if this tightness is what he meant.anycase I am thinking about starting the couch to 5k program soon to kick my cardio up a bit.I am thinking middle of march, that way i'll start the beginning stages in a controlled area like the dreadmill than work on jogging outside when it gets warmer..I am pretty cautious though but i am getting stronger and my cardio is improving thanks to the elliptical training that it 'shouldn't be a problem.

Dietwise I had 4 1/2 Ugli fruit today (some of the peeps at work wanted to try it so i handed half of it out) for the first time, it was good.it is like a cross between a grapefruit and a clementine and looks like something that was tossed around a bit., a lot of popcorn ( my biggest vice), Zucchini Pasta with sauce, 10 bananas, Cliff Builder Bar, 4 liters of water...i think i am missing something, should have eaten a lot more fruits and veggies but the popcorn sort of raised the calorie count high..Live and learn.

well starting the 5k training, looking at the pdf file.I decided that the first couple weeks weren't going to be to bad and since i was aiming for mid march to start this originally, i figured this wouldn't start to get too bad for me until that time anyway..going to hit chest, biceps and do some legs since i didn't do them on Friday.probably just do some leg presses, leg curls and side steps with my ankle bands.

5k.jpg.a5f2a36a5d49da81200b499590a169e4.jpg

Belated Leg workout, Chest and Biceps

• started with day one of the 5k training.5 minute walk, 2 minute jog, 5 minute walk
  • Leg Press - 118x20,208x12,298x10,298x10,298x10
  • Leg Curls - 75x20,120x12,135x12,135x15,135x15
  • seated Calve Raise - 70x30, 130x30,130x30
  • Bench Press - 45x15,95x10,95x8,75x10
  • DB Flys - 15x12,20x6,15x10
  • Hammer Curls - 20x15,25x10,25x8,20x10
  • Ankle Band Lateral Walk - Length of the basketball court and back x 3

I am just wondering how much is to much for working my legs while i do this 10 week program?i just don't want to wear myself out especially in 3 weeks or so when the running really starts to pick up in time.i am a newbie completely when it comes to running so i ain't really sure how much is too much.something i have to do some research on i guess.Anyways weight hasn't really dropped the last week or so.it goes back and forth but i am feeling stronger and i am feeling a lot better than i did a month ago..haven't been doing as much cardio as i should so that could be it.i will just keep plugging away.

Hey Jesse! I'm doing the Couch to 5K program, too! Mine is a little bit different from what you posted above, though. Anyway, I just finished week 4. It's my first time running as well, and it's a real struggle most days, but feels so good afterwards!

cool.I am sure when the jogging minutes pile on it will be a struggle for me too.today I did back, I walked to the gym so figured i did the walking part for the couch to 5k so I just jumped on the dreadmill and jogged for the two minutes, I went a little faster today than I did on Sunday.

Back

• assisted chin ups- 180x12,150x6,150x6,135x4,135x4
  • Lat Pulldowns -105x8,105x7,105x6
  • Machine Rows -75x10,90x7,90x6
  • Back Extension - 125x30,140x20,140x20
  • Nitro Ab Machine - 80x20,85x20,85x20

I am really happy about getting to 135 on the ass chin ups, getting closer to doing real ones..lower the weight is the closer i am getting to my bodyweight than it won't be assisted anymore

been stressing a lot the last week about different stuff so I have been absent from posting, not really a good excuse but my head has been all over the place..I have been exercising a little bit but haven't really been tracking it.Reading a book called Raw Power..hoping to get back on track since i have been feeling better the last couple days.

Glad your package arrived safe and sound! You got some extra bonus goodies for all your hard work with Michelle and detailed journaling. Hope you enjoy them!

Hope your stress level is coming down and that you're feeling well. Thanks for your kind words!

All the best,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

I have been busy with work and moving rooms around..I have B.O.B. (Body Opponent Bag) coming UPS tomorrow and i plan on starting to work out again in the next couple days.So yeah I will be logging workouts again soon.my stress level has been high and i really need to start working out again just to feel better..