The Physical Endeavours of Tarzan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dairy..like cheese or milk?

Agree on gym for problems...as I just left 4 months of hell ( super sensitivity I referenced). rarely missed a workout. Still gained not quite 5. Actually, in blue moons, but not the actual ones Baby Hercs mentioned, I will do egg whites from farm fresh , cage free, no antibiotic eggs ( and my two pup pups get the yolks)cause I can't do a lot of beans or grains without getting really ill (iBS, and I had surgery mid Nov and some days my insides hurt and I can't even eat, so still wondering where the dang 5 came from???) , as I need the protein for healing or I will be no good for anything- but it's not very often..I have to be in the midst of it and usually will buy eggs and never make ...but dairy? I know you read a lot, so interested In reading why dairy is"ok", or do you just miss a good slice of pizza?

What great dish do you have in mind..or maybe just a glass of milk with cookies!

Why no yolks Divamom?

I will probably just drink raw/fermented milk &cream and eat a lot of butter and ghee. As for eggs, I will be way too good for this place once I start chugging raw eggs every day. I have my own chickens, so I will have around 14 free range, organic eggs a day. I'm not sure if I am done with this vegan thing though. I was considering going into raw veganism and seeing what happens!

All the protein is in the white and it feels it less like I am killing something that has already been killed. I know, oxymoron. it's been weeks since I have, and have been relying on off/on the last two or three years as I navigate the IBS and chronic stomach aches. Thought the surgery would help; made things worse. Then I have to think...everything has a reason..., personally, and I am not a dairy peeps at all, if i were you, I'd go for the milk and cookies..(I am a dunker! warmed almond milk and vegan/gluten free biscotti's---did it once...heavenly)

The protein is quite evenly distributed throughout the egg, the yolk has more enzymes and fats which help digest that protein. The yolk is a collection of minerals and fats which are good for you. Eggs are chicken periods, no life has been lost when an eggs is cooked and eaten. Just something to think about. Also egg whites are disgusting on their own!

I am looking forward to some nice milky hot tea with a cookie to dunk.

On distribution, no. The white has majority as well,per weight...it's not really evenly distributed when you look at the CHO and other things within the egg, once deemed, the perfect food"-as the yolk is gross to me...if you ever see fertilized eggs...and you do..the bloody spot turns me off. Yes, I know about the enzymes and that the CHO in eggs is digested by that...I was a food science major....just preference, and when I do it...2 whites is 7 grams of sheer, pure protein...and that is the only thing I am interested in. The white is equivalent to "placenta" kind of,...another thing I wouldn't eat,but,...again, I feel like I didn't eat the heart, eyes,beak, etc...it's just me. But let's stay away from food facts,..I am as opionated as you,so, I keep them to self, and that way I can swing onl a vine near yours and not get annoyed.

Dunk away,my friend!

So I will have access to the gym tomorrow. Problem is I am nursing some nasty knocks from last night. My wrist seems to be strained, top of my hand is tender and some nasty bruises on my legs and elbow. It really sucks to put any weight on the one leg, I will RICE the fuck out of everything and see how I am tomorrow.

Thanks, div. I don't know where I would find arnica, certainly not in a village high street consisting of a post office, bank and gift shop. Certainly not in the city that considers the chippy with salad in the burgers 'the healthy option'.

Feeling quite good today, I drank some eggs, had lots of kimchi. My one leg is feeling pretty bad still but everything else has calmed down a lot, I took some ibuprofen just to help me along.

Bench press:

60kg 2x8

80kg 1x8

90kg 1x5

95kg 1x5

100kg 1x3

1x5

110kg 1x1

115kg 3x1

The last rep of the 115kg stopped just away from my chest and it was like wrestling a pissed off bear. My eyes felt like they were going to pop out and when I exhaled it just turned into a roar which seemed to give me the power I needed. New max for me. The reason I went for three sets at the end was because I didn't believe I could do it so easily, I usually stall around 95 because it is hard and figured I could not go heavier.

Yesterday evening:

Bent over row:

80kgx2x10

90kgx2x10

105kg3x5

105kg 1x8

Shrugs:

90kg 4x18

Bizept kurlz:

40kg 4x10

30kg 2x18

Today:

Squats:

warm up:

60kg 1 x10

80kg 1 x 10

140kg 1x5

145kgx5

150kgx1

155kgx1

160kgx1

170kgx1

180kgx 10x1

Leg ext: 55kg 2x15

Curl: 50kg 2x15

1 set to failure

Well, where to go from here.... I was considering 80-10-10 just to see what happens, maybe go vegetarian and see how much mass I can pack on with the help of milk and eggs (I honestly believe beans and soy products are terrible things to be eating). I could go back to my original paleo diet and make a better comparison between veganism vs carnivore. Right now I am off all soy and bean products and drinking eggs as my main protein source and I feel GREAT.

Well, where to go from here.... I was considering 80-10-10 just to see what happens, maybe go vegetarian and see how much mass I can pack on with the help of milk and eggs (I honestly believe beans and soy products are terrible things to be eating). I could go back to my original paleo diet and make a better comparison between veganism vs carnivore. Right now I am off all soy and bean products and drinking eggs as my main protein source and I feel GREAT.

We are certainly on the same boat. I did try a vegan diet and it destroyed my stomach. I avoid soy now (I don't want to start growing a vagina) & pulses just kill me if I eat to many. I also noticed a drop in strength, Obviously this is only personal to me.

I have eggs, Cheese & milk but it is all local & organic. My "melt down" really came about over not varying my meals. Plain pasta, veg, Rice ect think I had become so bored with it.

Try a veggie diet? I use a lot of "fake meat" products but my issues with pulses ect leaves me with little option.

Hope you figure it out

Yeah, beans are catastrophic for the digestive system and sap energy which damages strength levels. It is not just you.

I can deal with a VERY boring diet without any problems, I have never been into the fake meat products, they all suck. If I really want steak I will go and eat a real steak.

I will mostly be eating good quality organic eggs and milk, though I have no problem chugging caged hen eggs because fuck chickens. All the milk I consume will be either fermented or raw because I am 'lactose intolerant', I will depend mostly on butter and ghee. I have the vegetarian thing pretty much figured out.

The main problem is deciding what I want to go with now. I think I will find some inspiration somewhere, maybe it is at the bottom of this jar of nutella?

The starches are too complex to break down easily, fibre, phytic acids etc etc. I couldn't tell you exactly without a bit of reading right now and I can't be arsed. Maybe I could start a thread some time, but I am sure it is not in most peoples interest here.

I was however just looking for an alternative. I remembered reading about how corn was used as a staple in the Americas, they would beat it, mix it with lime or ash and ferment it somehow. The process is called 'nixtamalization': when the process was foregone in later years, on a similar diet, natives suffered from niacin, protein, vit A, zinc deficiencies. Nixtamalisation made the proteins much more bioavailable (though lower in number in scientific terms since it washes away damaging proteins), minerals and vitamins available (the process removes most of the mineral leeching phytic acid),higher in calcium (from the lime), and much easier to digest. I wonder how available such a product is now. It is a very laborious product to make traditionally, the old women spend much of their time bashing corn and preparing this stuff.

Regarding the calcium level: I know dentists who volunteered in Guatemala who noted the natives' teeth were very difficult to extract and their bones were VERY strong.