Synny's training journal

How is the tempeh on your stomach? Though you might not feel it right away. I learned in my immunology class in college that it takes 3 days for an optimal immune system to attack something fully (as whatever you are allergic/intolerant can be eaten for awhile, but then you get symptoms in 3 days or more - and only if that substance stays in your system).

Some scientist theorized a diet in which you can eat whatever bothers you as long as you ate it only once a week, and that you should have no symptoms. Theoretically it could work, but I think it would depend on the person's immune system and their genetics (whether or not it is an allergen as oppose to a metabolic disease in which you can't process the substance because you do not have the right enzyme to break it down - like the enzyme lactase for lactose intolerant individuals as oppose to being allergic to the proteins in dairy).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tempeh is doing good with my stomach so far. I think reason last time was I got the 5 grain which had wheat in it might have been the trigger. Will monitor and at first sign of issue stop using it and resort back to beans Although I am getting a little burnt out on beans and tempeh has been a delightful change of pace. I did eat my kraut, mustard and tempeh today which was heaven!

Ok I started tracking my meals on Livestrong so I can monitor calories in, protein and carb intake. I like it much better than I do fitday.

Today has been a really good day for me. Was surrounded by tempting foods all day long and didn't even eat any. Don't get me wrong that turtle brownie and the BBQ chips sure did sing my name I didn't give in. Just need to make it a couple more days to detox all those nasty addictive habits out of my brain. Loading up on protein in the morning since that seems to be the setting off point.

Morning:

20 mins elliptical weight loss program

PM

Sat in sauna for 20 mins

Flat dumbbell press: 3 warm up sets at 20 lbs for 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs for 10 reps

Incline Flyes: 2 sets at 20 lbs for 10 reps

Straight arm pullovers: 1 set at 20 lbs for 12 reps, 1 set at 25 lbs for 12 reps

Machine chest press: 1 set at 60 lbs for 10 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs at 10 reps

Rope pressdown: 1 set at 50 lbs for 12 reps, 1 set at 60 lbs for 12 reps, 1 set at 70 lbs for 12 reps

Skullcrusher: 1 set at 35 lbs for 12 reps, 2 sets at 30 lbs 12 reps

Overhead dumbbell extension: 3 sets at 30 lbs for 12 reps

Arm extension: 1 set at 35 lbs for 12 reps, 1 set at 45 lbs for 12 reps, 1 set at 50 lbs for 12 reps

28 mins elliptical weight loss program

Tomorrow is my active recovery day and will probably throw boot camp in for a sweet treat but limit the leg work I do. As for my cardio of choice I will probably do AM bike and PM not sure yet.

Meals

Breakfast:1/2c dry oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops rice protein powder

Snack:2 scoops protein powder

Lunch:1/2 block tempeh, 1/2c brown rice, 2c broccoli, 1 tbsp shoyu

Snack: 1c cajun red beans, 1/2c brown rice, 2c broccoli

Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder

Supper: 1/2 block tempeh, 14 asparagus spears, 4 tbsp saurkraut, 1 tbsp brown spicy mustard

Bedtime snack: 2 scoops protein powder

What a LONG cold dreary day and I couldn't even have a hot cocoa to enjoy it !!!! I made cornbread and beans at work and let me tell you smelling ham hock cooking is gross!!! I use to enjoy it and love the smell now it turns my stomach. Was a great appetite suppressant hahahaha. However the wonderful cornbread was not only vegan but gluten free and low fat I won points with my client's daughter who is in visiting. Getting a bit of a cold from this crazy weather bouncing back and forth so much.

Morning:

30 mins random program stationary bike lvl 4

Evening:

30 mins dry sauna (felt like heaven in there)

30 mins random program stationary bike lvl 4

60 mins of boot camp Pyramid style (I did do squats but my knee started talking to me so I stopped doing them)

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 2 tbsp whole flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: 1/2 block tempeh, 2c broccoli, 1/2c brown rice, 2 tbsp thin korean BBQ sauce (needed to finish it up and get it out my fridge)

Snack: 1c Cajun red beans, 1/2c brown rice, 2c broccoli

Supper: 1/2 block tempeh, 4 tbsp kraut, 2 tbsp brown spicy mustard, 14 asparagus spears (having a late dinner due to boot camp)

the wonderful cornbread was not only vegan but gluten free

Are you sure on this? Most cornbread recipes I know have a little bit of flour in them to make them hold together when you bite into them (otherwise it would fall apart)? If it is a cornbread mix, then it should have some flour in it (gluten) - unless they use another grain flour that holds it together that doesn't have gluten in it. And most have eggs in their cornbread recipes. You didn't have to add those?

If it is vegan and gluten free....does the bakery ship???? Will trade you some VEGA scoops. Lol.

I have had ONCE in my journey's all over US,vegan, gluten free corn bread...it was heaven.

Love the double cardio, the days of double cardio and/or 8 -11 milers were /are my leanest days. Sorry to hear knee is still being wonky on you.

Hi Nancy,

Hope you are doing well! You're continued dedication is so impressive!! How is your knee doing?

How's the new food program treating you? I like Livestrong for food tracking as well. I'm glad the Tempeh is working for you- seems to work out for me as well b/c it's fermented. I def can't do any faux meats without feeling sick- which is fine b/c they are so processed anyway!

I love your journal! You're so inspiring!

xo

I so didn't want to work today. Woke up in a bad mood and it just continued throughout the day. Yoga didn't even perk me up. Ready to play some World of Warcraft and release some frustration. Might even turn in early. I am getting 8 hrs of sleep but it also doesn't feel like it.

Morning

30 mins stationary bike random program lvl 4

60 mins yoga

Evening

15 mins dry sauna

Back/biceps

Reverse grip pulldown: 1 set 60 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 90 lbs 10 reps

Bent over row: 1 set 60 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 80 lbs 12 reps

Hyperextensions: 1 set 12 reps, 2 sets 12 lbs 12 reps

Straight arm pulldown: 1 set 30 lbs 15 reps, 6 sets 35 lbs 15 reps (30 sec break between each set)

Preacher bench concentration curl: 2 sets 10 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Alternating dumbbell curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Cable curls: 3 sets 30 lbs 20 reps

Breakfast: 1/2c oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 scoops protein powder

Snack: 2 scoops protein powder

Lunch: 1 slice cornbread, 1/2 block tempheh, 2c broccoli, 1/2c brown rice

Snack: 1c red beans,1/2c brown rice, 2c broccoli

Supper: 1/2 block tempheh, 4 tbsp kraut, 2 tbsp brown spicy mustard, 2c broccoli

Bedtime snack: 2 scoops protein powder

I so didn't want to work today. Woke up in a bad mood and it just continued throughout the day.

I call it my MidWintertime Blahs! I usually have those days lately when it is once again grey out (with no hint of sun coming out any time that day) and cold and the wind swirling around making it colder than what it is already cold. At least today was sunny (cold though), and I was able to get some enthusiasm to go to the gym. This is when I wish I could go visit somebody South and get warm and maybe a good dose of sunshine Vitamin D! I just keep up my routine, and let some things fall by the wayside (lazy without the guilt in other words), and will wait for Spring to come soon.

But my blah day brought 2 cheats.....I had 2 pieces of cornbread. GRANTED they were low fat and gluten free but still..... I just wanted to sleep all day long but couldn't. I really need naptime at work to make me feel better and a vacation to a very sunny warm state

Oh...misery loves company. Had a horrible bender myself...haven't eaten gluten in months, years...went off the wagon..still paying..damn Annie crackers and blueberry muffins at a place called Souplantation....so don't feel bad about two pieces of homemade, GF corn muffins...only cause you got right back up...that's the bigger part ofthe battle, as we all know! Thanks for sharing.

A nice massage and Thai food always makes my day finer! And an extra day of calories, just means more energy for tomorrow's workout!

I was doing so well on my diet - until the day after a whole week had gone by unscathed! I laugh, cuz my partner said that I looked very muscular the next day (I wore a tank top and my delts were huge!). I didn't think carb loading would happen so fast - only a week of being on my diet of low carbs (all wheat is cut out, and I am replacing the carbs with veggies mostly - a piece of fruit here and there). I just did 45 minutes of cardio the next day to make up for it!

I also have to make a mental note, that no matter how much will power I think I have, when it is that time of the month, I better plan on having extra carbs - because either I choose what carbs I can eat or my hormones will pick out the carbs for me! LOL! - and the hormones won't pick the carbs that are good while on a diet! Bad bad hormones!

yeah I think it is getting to be that time of month actually... Might explain the mood swings and extra cravings. But the Thai food I had was fresh spring rolls with the peanut chili sauce my favorite!! and tofu vegetable delight lunch portion I can't beat myself up for my choice only thing that would have been a better choice might have been the ginger delight dish kinda wish I had now that I think about it...