Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Week 2 Journal {LMNGETFIT}
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:17 pm 
Gorilla

Wow, sounds like they're really accomodating of you there! That tofu scramble sounds amazingly delish!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 pm 
Rabbit

Exercise Wednesday:
Skiing 2 hours..... Pretty tough runs thru packed powder. I took it easy because my knees are feeling the 4 ski days in a row!!! I'm taking Iburofen and utilizing the hot tub!! (I take meds only if absolutely necessary!!!!)
Last day of skiing tomorrow.... Headed back to Buttermilk- I enjoyed the skiing there; nice easy open runs!!! Oh, it's snowing here too!!
Nutrition:
Still not horribly hungry.... I'm thinking it's still the altitude. In fact, today I added baby Lima beans to my lunch (Amy's frozen Thai), it didn't agree with me!!! Horrible digestion issues.... I'm wondering if foods that can cause gas at normal altitude can cause MORE gas at higher altitudes?? Not much else can explain my problem......

Enjoying the meeting- superb lectures!!! I'm def getting my CEU money's worth!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 pm 
Rabbit

Headed back to KC...... I70 going thru Kansas is rather boring..... Good company with my hubby & his choice of tunes on Pandora.
Skiing yesterday was phenomenal! 6+" of fresh powder at our favorite mountain, Buttermilk!! The 5th day of skiing was a breeze- nice & relaxing- we hated to leave as we both felt we had made the "soreness" turn and could ski almost continuously! We are already looking forward to our return trip in March with the kiddos!! All play then!
Nutrition:
Let me say that I'm ready for my normal eating regimen!! 2 days ago I dipped into eating some bread and 1/2 of a brownie (sweets are my weakness! Ugh!) Boy, I'm paying for it - major digestion changes. I play, I seem to pay!! Thankful that I do know how to control/prevent my issues. Sometimes I stray and it serves as a reminder!
I did bring cut celery, PB & dark choc chips - just made ants on a log for a snack til we can find a dinner place!! A fav snack of mine!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 pm 
Rabbit

Sunday:
Elliptical 20 mins level 6
Stretching 10 mins (hamstrings are tight!!! Opposite muscles from skiing!)

Nutrition:
Back on track tomorrow- wahoo!! Ready for my "boring" routine foods!

Got to get my plan together as to which tri I'm going to register for.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:16 pm 
Gorilla

Hey there, Lisa! I've been traveling this week, so haven't been online much. BUT, I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time in Colorado last week!! YAY! And you get to go back next month? Awesome!

Are you gluten-intolerant? Is that why you get such bad issues when you ate the bread/brownie? I know how hard it can be to stay on track with food while traveling. I'm kind of looking forward to getting back home and in my regular eating routine, too.

Hope you are having a great start to the week!

Karen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm 
Rabbit

Tuesday: work day #2 in a row where I'm exhausted!! Returning from vacation to busy, stressful work days can be a bummer!!! Trying to get my routine for exercise back!! I'm early off tomorrow so I'm shooting for good cardio!!!

Nutrition: in track with exception of "sweet" cravings!!! Ugh!!!
My hubby got me dark choc covered almonds from trader joes- indulgence!!! :)

Karen-yes, I tried to avoid gluten as much as possible...... I feel miserable after ingesting it!!! It all started after I would drink a beer and feel symptoms of fullness, bloating, heartburn..... Just after a couPle of drinks. So through process of dietary manipulation and finally elimination, my digestive issues are minimalists! I did the same with dairy!!! Sadly, I did nutrition investigation all on my own. No doctors ever suggested diet changes- only another test or pill!!! I detest medications!!!

Happy Valentines Day!
Off to relax with the hubby!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 pm 
Rabbit

Wednesday: cardio in treadmill- still wasn't feeling 100% but did 20 mins!
Thursday: 10+ hour workday, exhausted & in bed after mom duties by 8pm!!
Friday: off early and 60 degrees out so...... I went for a run!! Wahoo!! 3 miles/38 mins which included 5 - 1 min walk intervals to prevent injury & lower my heart rate from 170!! (usually shoot for HR 155-165).

Nutrition: doing ok..... Not as hungry as pre-ski trip so I'm not getting my Servs of fruit like before.... Did eat plenty of greens today! Dinner tonight was out- indulged in a cocktail & dark chocolate for dessert!
Forecast for nice weather..... Thinking about a bike ride with the kiddos this weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:53 am 
Gorilla

Great job! I'm impressed with your running.

Hope you get that great weather this weekend and get to spend some time outside!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:56 pm 
Rabbit

Sat: elliptical 30 mins
Sunday: laundry & kids projects- I was beat so no workout!
Monday: raining here so I ran indoors on treadmill- I can tell I've been off a few weeks from running b/c I'm sore!!! So I did shorter 5-8 min run intervals mixed with 1min walks.... Total 45 mIns!

Our Brew to Brew relay team is formed! We had enough for 2 teams of 6!! We are doing "the six leg special" which is a team of 6 going 27.4 miles- I have not decided which leg I will do yet & we get to run in pairs..... Good motivation!!! This will be fun & beer will be waiting! Ha!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:43 pm 
Rabbit

Tuesday:
Elliptical 30 mins
Circuit training 20 mins
Stretching 10 mins w/ focus on hips-hamstrings!

Early out tomorrow w/warm, sunny forecast- hope to get a run in!

Nutrition: bean soup-LOVE this soup & lookin forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm 
Rabbit

Wednesday:
Took it outside- gOrgeous 64 degrees and sunshine!!!
Ran 3.5 miles in 43 mins.... Quite hilly which is good prep for the relay!!
Nutrition:
On track but currently starving- had protein shake post run but that was 2 hours ago!! Will finish up moms taxi service in an hour and have dinner!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 pm 
Rabbit

Thursday: no workout-sore & tired!
Really excited AND thankful for the prize package that came from Robert, Karen and group today!!! Can't wait to check out/study all of the goodies!!! Huge Thanks & yet more motivation!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 pm 
Gorilla

Yay, you got it! Yes, lots of goodies to check out! Our donors (particularly HealthForce) were so generous!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm 
Rabbit

Friday:rest day

Saturday: elliptical 30 mins
Circuit training 15mins
Headed out to see Martina McBride & George Strait in concert- cant take the Okie outta this gal! I made a bean soup w/ fresh guacamole for dinner for my mother & I pre-concert! Yum!!

Sunday: gorgeous weather..... Went for a bike ride! 6.5 miles at 4:20 per mile...... My goal for competition is to be under a 4 min mile on bike!! I love riding my bike...... No impact which helps rest my knees!
I've got my gym bag together for tomorrow..... Either a run or swim is on the books!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 pm 
Gorilla

I love George Strait!! How was the concert?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next