Holy crap, were we ever this stupid?

Baby Hercules

When I was living in the dorms in college, I remember coming down to breakfast in the cafeteria and seeing people drinking this fluorescent green liquid first thing in the morning, just like coffee. Giant, half liter plastic cups of the stuff. I have no words.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/hottopics/2011/12/14/if-you-love-mountain-dew-read-this/

Baby Herc

Wow, I drank that stuff religiously for 13 years. 9 months later I'm probably still detoxing it out of my body. The funny thing is, all the warnings in the world didn't stop me from drinking it because I was addicted. I knew it was bad for me but I just couldn't stop. I had to go under hypnosis to break the addiction.

So you can show people all the information you want about how bad something is. But if they're addicted, information is not going to change their habit.

I was addicted to it for years, too. I slowly replaced it with Pepsi, and drank that for a LONG time too. Then I got off soft drinks forever. Luckily here in the South we have this nice (if diabetes inducing) little concoction called iced tea and that broke me off the soft drinks. Then I replaced that with some coffee in the morning.

Now I'm on green tea with Splenda (gonna try stevia soon).

Moral of the story: If it glows, stay away. XD

Growing up, I never seemed to get into the usual drugs like soft drinks, French Fries, potato chips, doughnuts, CocoPuffs, etc. To this day, I detest all of them. Cheese and dark beer, on the other hand...you could lure me to my death off a cliff with a chunk of Stilton and an Imperial Stout. Toss over a dark chocolate bar with rum in it and I'll make love to you on the way down.

Baby Herc

Growing up, I never seemed to get into the usual drugs like soft drinks, French Fries, potato chips, doughnuts, CocoPuffs, etc. To this day, I detest all of them. Cheese and dark beer, on the other hand...you could lure me to my death off a cliff with a chunk of Stilton and an Imperial Stout. Toss over a dark chocolate bar with rum in it and I'll make love to you on the way down.

Baby Herc

I'd go over that cliff with you but let you keep the rum!