Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulking phase
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 am 
Gorilla

Friday-10th-Feb Cycle 2 week 1 (3x5)

Usual warm up, brisk walk & intermittent sprints on treadmill followed by foam rolls & stretches with 3x5 lighter weight on squats.

Squats: 85kg 97.5kg 112.5kg
Good mornings (programmed assistance 3x10) 37.5kg 45kg 52.5kg
GHR: 5x10 

Ab circuit: hanging leg raise 10 reps, side bends 20kg plate 20 bends a side, straight leg ups 15 reps & cable crunch 95plate for 10 reps.

Squat felt heavy today (wtf). Usually wear shorts on lower body days but forgot them & felt restricted in joggers. Maybe that's why it felt off  but I pulled through. Hit required reps only, no point carrying on when your getting annoyed.

I still absolutely stink at hanging leg raises......

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:45 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

A 20kg gain over 5 or 6 months is huge mate !!

Oh, and I like that little 'IIFYM' banner. Cool, might have to steal that one haha.

WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwilifter?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:34 pm 
Gorilla

It's more like 8 months but I usually get the same reaction...I talk to folks who say it's taken them a year to gain just 10kg. I don't know why? When I hear "I'm a hard gainer" I just say "no you don't eat enough" haha

I didn't follow any diets...Just did the simple things. 2g protein per body pound & loads of clean carbs. Olive oil in shakes ect I avoid soya

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:45 pm 

I don't see a lot of sense in following a diet if your goal is to gain weight, just a rough tracking of macros (if you wanted to) and keeping the bodyfat relatively in check.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on what's happening here, hope you have a good weekend bro. Funny to find out you lived pretty much down the road from me when I was in the UK haha, small world aye.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:17 am 
Gorilla

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
I don't see a lot of sense in following a diet if your goal is to gain weight, just a rough tracking of macros (if you wanted to) and keeping the bodyfat relatively in check.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on what's happening here, hope you have a good weekend bro. Funny to find out you lived pretty much down the road from me when I was in the UK haha, small world aye.

24hrs of work the wkend kind sir but it leads into 3 & a half days off & some lifting/xboxing.

You must recall crumpets then? I absolutely swear by these as an energy source...I'd eat 4 before running & they use to work wonders for me. I still use them now with peanut/almond butter.

I've never been a "loads of oats" person to perform

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:42 pm 

Haha, yeah we have crumpets over here. Great with Nutella somethered all over them!

Like your updated signature btw, couldn't agree more. I look at some of the numbers these big guys push in the gym and it's laughable. Especially if it's a big guy that's on the sauce, shameful.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 pm 
Gorilla

Ye someone tried telling me they were quad dominant! My reply "unless your quads look like the hulks & the rest of your legs are like johnny Bravos mate you ain't quad dominant".

People hear something once & talk them selves into believing it haha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 pm 
Gorilla

veggiesasquatch wrote:

So fucking true. Been following the log again - just haven't had the chance to respond until now. You're definitely right about the progress of cycles - the first couple look like a cakewalk but, once you look further down the road, it gets a little hairy.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:04 am 

Hey mate. Just got some new ebooks today...

'The Vault' Dave Tate (200 pages)
'Metroflex Gym Powerbuilding Basics' Josh Bryant & Brian Dobson (301 pages)
'Explode Your Deadlift' Andy Bolton & Elliot Newman (59 pages)

Let me know if you wanna do any e-swaps haha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:26 am 
Gorilla

Haha sure thing I'll have to send you a list of what I have.

I re read starting strength a lot, simply beaucse it's back to basics & Rippetoe breaks down the lifts so well.
Have you ever seen/read dinosaur training?

Last edited by veggiesasquatch on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 am 
Gorilla

vegansludge wrote:
veggiesasquatch wrote:

So fucking true. Been following the log again - just haven't had the chance to respond until now. You're definitely right about the progress of cycles - the first couple look like a cakewalk but, once you look further down the road, it gets a little hairy.

When I scanned over mine my eyes became wider the further I looked on haha

I believe Wendler says you get 7-8 cycles usually before you re do the lifts because of stalling. If you stall on a lift you re calculate that lift & continue with the others if still gaining. If its a general grinding hault you re do the lot :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 am 
Gorilla

Mon-13th-Feb Cycle 2 week 2 (3x3)

Up at 5:00, have a delivery coming today so up early for breakfast & workout.

Usual warm up then onto military pressing.

Military press: 35kg 40kg 45kg+6

Assistance:
close grip bench (programmed assistance 2x8 1x6 as outlined in program) 47.5kg 55kg 65kg
Chin ups (various grips) 5x10
Tricep push downs, Bicep curls, Narrow grip cable row (all 3x10 light)

Nothing major again & smashed though this. Looking forward to cycle 3 now so I can start gaining on my lifts. Pressing was easy, hit 6 reps with holding a few back on final set. Everything else straight forward, Assistance work kept light....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm 
Gorilla

Had all this arrive today for the small sum of £20....such an awesome deal.

Great pack to sample their products. They label everything really well on the site to. Maize starch, Whey protein, Creatine, L-glutamine, 1 protein bar, Sample of a gainer, Shaker & instant oats (I wouln't use these but get why people would)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:48 pm 
Rabbit

<3 myprotein <3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:19 pm 
Gorilla

Tarzan wrote:
<3 myprotein <3

haha They have 50% off a lot of the bundles right now with free delivery...

Not used them before though known about them. I just sat comparing prices to what I usually buy & really surprised at the price of the range! 5kg of quality whey for £40! Granted unflavoured but still. Pal of mine writes for the site in his spare time & has said he thinks they are a good company.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next