Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 2012, my year to be happy!! Pics/logs/updates/journal
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:05 pm 
VBB Moderator

Haylee you qualify for the prize package, congrats! That's great that the training journal has helped motivate you and help you hold yourself accountable. I feel the same way about it myself. Something about keeping track and being able to go back and look at what I've done and eaten is definitely rewarding. I hope that you will continue to share your fitness journal with us all here on the forum.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:00 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Dylan!!!! What an amazing opportunity. I find myself addicted to this forum, and what a great addiction lol!! Ive just inspired two friends to get a gym membership with my boyfriend and I. They are a couple as well. We have been working out together the past few days, and its been such a blast! Today its snowing like crazy, but it was leg day. I did a ton of legg exercises using body weight + an exercise ball.

Squats ( hindu, body ball) 50 total... hamstring curls using body ball 25 total... bridge 10 total Lunges 50 total

I can't believe how badly my legs hurt from that lol!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:03 pm 
Rabbit

I've also been thinking about how crappy my diet is. Ive always been a compulsive/emotional over eater..which is how I got to be about 300 pounds :( I'm very thankful that I've learned to see and treat food differently, but I still have rough days. I haven't been the same since around Christmas time. I got lazy, stopped counting all my macros, etc. I decided today that I am going back to tracking everything, as well as only allowing myself to eat every 3 hours. No exceptions, unless its a very special circumstance. This should combat all of the reckless bored eating :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Haylee! I also deal with compulsive overeating, so I totally hear you on that one. It's ridiculous and feels like an illness sometimes. Ugh. I keep track of my food intake with myfitnesspal.com and their app. It doesn't always stop me from overeating, but definitely helps more often than not, when I know I have to track it. Also, this forum has helped a lot too, especially during the January challenge, knowing I "had to" post it here. :) What system do you use to track your food intake?

I wish you the very best!!!

~Karen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:26 pm 
Rabbit

Hi haylee!
You are incredible! So awesome to read these posts and see such big changes! You're doing this the right way!!!
I can attest to the smith machine...it forces you into one constricted movement, which has its pros and cons. The cons, in my book, outweigh the pros. I, too, would advise you to use dumbbells for over head should press. Make sure someone is there to spot you, keeping in mind you want smooth flowing movements, elbows not to drop much lower if at all than shoulder, & if your shoulders are feeling jarred. Drop weight. It's imperative to do it right the first time then to spend months or years trying to heal and correct something from doing it wrong!- sorry that was so lengthy :/ I didn't realize how passionate I was about the Smith ;)
You are so inspiring! Ps-I HATE cardio too :( , but I find it much more bearable in between sets of lifting!! Or outside! :)
I can't wait to hear more of your exciting journey!! Thank you for sharing!!
Enjoy your weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:19 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks so much for the responses!! Kareno- I use sparkpeople.com s nutrition tracker. Mj- I have such a love for the smith machine.. I feel like I am not gonna fall over, or drop weights on my head or foot lol..but after reading these, I am convinced to give them up, and try it the regular way!! I am always worried about proper form, but will check into videos of form before attempted to do them without the smith. Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

I hope you have an awesome weekend, Haylee!

All the best!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:17 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Robert!!!! YOU too!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:30 pm 
Rabbit

Chest
bench press- bar+10lbs 2x23
cable cross overs 30 lbs, 4x36
pec fly machine 3x36

Triceps

Rope pulldowns 2x24
overhead bar 30lbs 3x24
t dip machine 3x36
overhead extensions 2x15

1.5 miles on treadmill, 25 minutes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:19 pm 
Rabbit

Had a decent work out today. Was a bit sporadic. My couple friends who joined had their free assessment with LA fitness today, so that took a while. I did one as well and will post the results later. I am also pretty bummed, was hoping to be able to sign up for personal training sessions, but man are they expensive. I would be paying more for sessions in a month, than what my rent costs. Wish I could afford, but will do my best without! In short, did step aerobics for a few minutes, stairmaster for 10 minutes, bench presses, squats and jump roping.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm 
Rabbit

I'm so amazingly sore today!! I feel like my calfs are deeply bruised, and going to explode lol. It is GREAT having my couple friends joining my bf and I at the gym. Great support, and mutual motivation. I worked so hard today, at the end of it just for fun, we decided to do a sprint race. During the middle, my legs gave out on me, and I fell so hard lmao. My friend also rolled on the floor...laughing :lol: Was a great time!! :wink:

Low Row Machine- 4x24-75 lbs
Lat pull down-4x24 -70lbs
Db Deadlift 3x24-10lbs each arm

Shoulder Shrugs DB 4x40-20lbs each arm
Side raises 4x40 -5lbs each arm
Front raises 2x20 5 lbs each arm
Shoulder DB Press 4x40 -15lbs each arm

DB Bicep Curl 3x20-15lbs each arm
Hammer Curl 3x20-15 lbs each arm
Bicep chin assist machine 3x20 180lbs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:54 pm 
Gorilla

Hi Haylee! Hope you're having a great start to the new week! That's so cool you got your friends to join you and your boyfriend at the gym. Look at you motivating your friends in fitness! Yay!!! :)

Hope you've recovered fromt he other day! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:01 pm 
Rabbit

Thank you!!! I havnt had a chance to get back yet, going to start tomorrow again. I did however convince my mother and her boyfriend to join the gym too :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:56 pm 
Gorilla

You rock!!