Help bulking up as a vegetarian

brettmartin

Hey guys! So I am 24, 6'1", 175 lbs. I am currently taking 3900 calories a day but unfortunately I have tweaked my MACROS around several times. I am a hard gainer, an ectomorph. I am a vegetarian, have been for about two years. I am really trying to just get more bulk but I have a little to much excess fat around my waist as well. I play tennis and run so that makes it a little tough. I used to have a personal trainer and he put me at 4700 calories which was way to much...I gained about 15 lbs but I gained a lot more fat than I wanted. So I just want to get more cut and bulkier. Not sure if my MACROS are still not right yet. I am attaching a picture of them for you to see and also one of myself (this was from me at 4700 calories so I might look a little less big). I don't care if it takes a vegan diet or whatever. Just need help. Also, my sodium content was way to high at 6879 mg a day, I just cut it down to 5,898 which is still really high but that's what happens with those veggie meats where I get my protein from.

Thanks so much!

http://postimage.org/image/j2es9hypn/

http://postimage.org/image/6pdpg80tj/

http://postimage.org/image/tvrcf4mbf/

Brett, You're a vegetarian, protein should be no problem at all with the help of eggs and dairy. You have chosen to drop all the benefits of those two high quality protein sources for inferior, sodium-laden, processed crap. Drop the faux-meats as was said before, eat whole eggs with butter, eat full fat yogurt like you didn't see it before. Those two things in abundance will give you plenty of muscle food.

If you want to be vegan things such as legumes and grains are gonna get you JACKED. That is what is happening to me as I write this and I love it. I eat A LOT of home made whole wheat bean burritos, for example. I'm going to start getting into some kind of protein supplement next as well, and supplement it with whole wheat pasta based dishes. Rice is also a nice compliment for legumes and protein powders.

Take that animal fat out of your diet your body doesn't even recognize it and secretes it out your skin as acne, blackheads, etc, etc. Go vegan and get that clear clean feeling skin you never thought you could have!

If you want to be vegan things such as legumes and grains are gonna get you JACKED. That is what is happening to me as I write this and I love it. I eat A LOT of home made whole wheat bean burritos, for example. I'm going to start getting into some kind of protein supplement next as well, and supplement it with whole wheat pasta based dishes. Rice is also a nice compliment for legumes and protein powders.

Take that animal fat out of your diet your body doesn't even recognize it and secretes it out your skin as acne, blackheads, etc, etc. Go vegan and get that clear clean feeling skin you never thought you could have!

Cool story, bro.