Overweight-Lean-Bulking up

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

Overweight-Lean-Bulking up

#1 Postby veggiesasquatch » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:52 am

SO quick back story. Was generally over weight & a big meat eater. 2 Years ago I decided to go veggie & get fit. I dropped from 95ish kg right down to 65. Did this through running, Clean eating & martial arts, Also some light toning with free weights.

Got into the running & focused on that but on seeing the size of the cloths I had to buy (xsmall or small) I decided to drop all cardio besides the Keysi.

I have put on roughly 14kg in 4 months. Some pics below. Top pic is before bulking up.

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

Nicholas_Weir
Gorilla

Re: Overweight-Lean-Bulking up

#2 Postby Nicholas_Weir » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Wow. Great bulking progress!!!

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

jungleinthefrunk
Gorilla

#3 Postby jungleinthefrunk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Wow! nice job!
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

#4 Postby veggiesasquatch » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 am

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

blueduckxx
Rabbit

#5 Postby blueduckxx » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 pm

super impressive, very nice dude!!

ambetious
Rabbit

#6 Postby ambetious » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Wow! that is impressive. You are bulking up very nicely and it seems that you have not gained too much fat either. Keep up the good work.

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

#7 Postby veggiesasquatch » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:51 pm

couple of quick back shots. Will post more overall ones next week.

Easier to do clothed pics due to tattoo coverage

Dragana
Finch

#8 Postby Dragana » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:22 am

Amazing! Your pictures should be shown to all those people that clam that vegetarians cannot have amazing muscles.
Improve the health of your body and your mind by using natural brain supplements.

jmichael614
Rabbit

#9 Postby jmichael614 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Wow, I'm sooo impressed. For those out there that say you can't get bulked up doing it vegan, I'm sending them right to this page! Amazing. I'm trying to do what you started out doing- losing the weight so I'm hoping that I'll have some definition (of course not as big as a guy) so that I can be alot leaner. Thanks for the inspiration!
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

Richard
Site Admin

#10 Postby Richard » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:23 am

Kick ass man

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

#11 Postby veggiesasquatch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:36 pm

After receiving email alerts to so many lovely comments I just want to thankyou all for commenting. Truly feel honoured with some of the kind words, plz check main page for a new topic I'll about to post....

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#12 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Looking good man. Funny as this is not too far off how I imagined you would look ?!

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

#13 Postby veggiesasquatch » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Think my backs looking thicker haha

Need to do some front shots but this is a quicky...Compared the this pic of me cooking where I don't actually have a back I'm happy with 8 months of hard work

can see my hemp & soya protein there when I went vegan...Not a good time for me

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

#14 Postby veggiesasquatch » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Picture taken same week I had decided to put some weight on. This was maybe 10ish months ago....I'm fully aware my pose in the skinny picture makes me look rather camp.

Pic one I weigh about 63kg so 138lb, Second 85.5kg 188 lb. I'm only 5ft 10" so in person I look so much different, The t shirt is an x small & shorts a 28" waist.

Still some way to go yet...I'm up for the journey

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#15 Postby VeganEssentials » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Looking good, and I can certainly appreciate the Johnny Cupcakes apparel as well! :)
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”