Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gettin Started
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:04 pm 
Rabbit

I'm a 19 year old , 171 cm tall and i weight 76 kilos (12% bodyfat) whos a huge meatconsumer , i workout 4-5 times a week only muscle developing , been doing it for 2 years now . i want to start whit a vegiterian diet ( mostly cause i have alot of whey & kassein protein left) but my goal is 2 become a Vegan if it will work whit my body, so i'm Curious how does a typical food day look for a vegan/ vegiterian thats trying 2 gain muscles at the moment i'm not trying 2 cut down or get lean , just want to gain muscles whitout putting on to mouch fat , atm i'm around 3000 kcal on a day when i hit the gym . Would Apiritiate any help i can get :)!!( sorry if it is a messy post but my forum english is not that great)

Post subject: Re: Gettin Started
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:29 am 
Site Admin

Hey man, welcome to the forum

People can recommend all kinds of things, but it might not be appropriate for you, or fit in with the kind of diet you currently follow. Generally the best thing to do is share what you currently eat, and then people can suggest things to swap out, to make the transition easier. So let us know what you're eating per day now, and I'm sure you'll get lots of answers!

Post subject: Re: Gettin Started
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:21 am 
Rabbit

Thanks man !!
well at the moment i eat alot of meat since its my main protein source , i would also like 2 cut down on the protein powder l8er and become more "pure and natrual"

This is a typical day for me

Breakfast 2-3 dl of oatmeal, 1 banana 50 g of blueberry 1-2 dl of soy milk 30 g of whey protein
Day when i workout i take a protein shake whit fast carbs 30 g whey and 40 g of pure carbs
Lunch 60-80 g Whiterice or couscous whit 150 g of green peace or herriconverts then i have 150-200 g of meat
Snack 1 Fruit ( apple , orange , pear) and 30-40 g of whey protein
Dinner Lunch 60-80 g Whiterice or couscous whit 150 g of green peace or herriconverts then i have 150-200 g of meat
Last meal before bed is usually Kvarg or cottage cheese , but cant find it since i live in france atm so i take 30-40 g of Cassein protein and + an egg if i'm really hungry
Which gives me around
2260-2500 kcal a day whit a split of 40% protein 40 % carbs and 20 %