Meal ideas for on the go?

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had good ideas for snacks/lunches for REALLY long days being at work and school? Seems like so much of the food around is crappy stuff like fast food, pastries and pizza type things. Sit down restaurants tend to take a lot of time and can get expensive each week. Wondered if anyone had a good system of making things for the week or what has worked for you?

Jen

Just take 3 hours on sunday and do everything. Buy like a 100 pack of snack bags...everything goes in them, rice, cous cous, nuts, strawberries, broccoli, all portioned....thats what ive had to do while cutting. when bulking portions werent as important...get a tub of protein just for your car, office, peanut butter, oats for your desk...

Such good ideas!

I think taking Sunday to plan out the week is a great idea, there's less temptation to go for unhealthy fast stuff. I went down from a size 14 to an 8, so I have to really be on top of the food thing. I love chow, so I think the planning ahead and rationing out snacks/meals is the way to go. Plus if it's already prepared and ready to go there's no excuse to eat bad stuff!

Jen

I work a physical job, so I need to have things through the day to eat. Typically I have done the following:

Take a couple of tubs of oats with sunflower seeds, walnuts, coconut, sultanas/raisins, ground flax seed (and sometimes some protein powder too), and also take a bottle or carton of soy milk so I can make it up. It's quick, fills you up, cheap (apart from the walnuts, but put whatever you want in)

Any fruits you like, I tend to go with apples or bananas

Any raw vegetables you can take, carrots fill me up and take a while to eat, so I take a bunch of those these days, keeps me occupied, but I guess you could go with celery, sweet potato, pepper... whatever really, takes no real preparation, just cut it the night before and stick it in a tub. You can take another tub with a dip if you don't want them on their own

Bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit to pick at, again, keeps you going for a long while because of the nuts

Final option, when cooking the night before for your evening meal, make twice as much and take the left-overs in a tub for work, I sometimes do this with a stir fry, pasta dish, pizza or rice. Bit of a pain in the ass, so I don't do it so often, but it is satisfying the next day. The other good thing about this is that people around you can see that you're eating "real food" and it's a nice way to promote vegan food